Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

You can do this hun..... you, me and the cd.. we can do it!

Right girlies, heres an update after 5 days of stuffing myself silly, putting on
2lbs, feeling like crap, despairing and considering gastric bands again ive
decided upon some of what I hope is positive action.

I sent Frannie - my dear diet buddy and saviour in this fight against the flab-
the following message this morning:

I'm temporarily bowing out of CD - sorry hun! I'm temporarily deserting you! My heads not in such a
restricted diet at the moment so it's making me unhappy instead of looking
forward to the weight loss. It's costing me a bomb to mess around with it & eat
anyway, so for the next few weeks I'm going to try healthy eating and exercise
and see how I feel. This time around, being so restrictive if just making me
want food MORE so I'm breaking the diet and binging. I'm gonna try healthy
eating and if I'm 'allowed' food maybe I wont want it so much. I'm concentrating
instead on giving up alcohol and crap and then maybe in a few weeks il be ready
for CD again....

I just feel like I have my weekly WI in mind all the time so
subconsciously I try and sabotage that?! Does that make any sense? Prob not. But
its how I feel. I want to take all the pressure off myself. I'm fed up of
thinking...I could lose x amount of lbs by that date, getting to that date & I'm
no where near so I'm going to take each day as it comes.

I'm not going to weigh AT ALL, especially not as part of a weekly WI. Or feel pressured by what weight I am / what I could be by what date....I'm just
going to concentrate on getting through each day AS healthily as I can. Eating
because I need to, not because I want to. Trying to gain back my control over
food-as that's how I feel when I'm around food-sometimes I don't even WANT it, I
just feel like I HAVE to have it! Its the lack of control that stresses me out
and tells me that I have a real problem with food addiction and am not just
carrying a few extra stone around with me. xxxx

It's like I'm feeling deprived by being on this diet so I'm going against it and
eating MORE than I would if I wasn't on a diet in the first place!

But saying that, I've just sent all that in the previous message to Frannie and then I realised I DO
want to do CD! I DON'T want to eat bad food & feel **** about myself and I DO
want to stop myself being controlled by food! I just want the pressure off, if
you know what I mean??

Sorry girlies, but I think this means I'm also gonna stay off minimins as that's hindering
me instead of helping. I feel like I HAVE to post - and that always involves me saying things like, well I havent had a 100% SS day....and then feeling bad - instead of feeling positive that, Ok I havent only had 3 CD products today but I also havent ate everything in sight or put on 5lbs in a day!

I need to make positive, baby steps at the moment.

I've been listening to my hypnotherapy CD that I had made
of my personal recording& it's all about seeing everything as a CHOICE to ease
the feelings of deprivation and ease the stress. I'm gonna try to take each day
as it comes, if I 'need' to eat I'll allow myself that choice-and just count
that day as a SS+/810 day. My CDC already thinks I'm following the 1000plan this
time round so I can just leave her thinking that and im just gonna take each day
as it comes. I'm not going to 'plan' anything, like 'planning' to have a 100%
day, or planning on having 2 shakes and a meal because when I don't stick to it
I feel like a failure & then there's more pressure on me & instead of enjoying
the diet and loosing weight I feel stressed out and/or deprived. Instead, I'm
going to just try not to think of the fact that I'm 'on a diet' and take each
challenge/meal/ anything that gets in the way as I can.

If I am presented with an event and I CHOOSE to eat then I'll just take a step back and analyse my
behaviour - did I eat that because I was hungry? Stressed? Or just because I was
greedy and just WANTED it? Then at the END of each day i can stand back, look at
what I've CHOSEN to eat and THEN mark it down as a SS/SS+/810....day. I'm going
to make sure I carry a pack or bar with me everywhere so when I'm faced with
having to make food choices I can make a CHOICE - I can either choose
conventional food or my pack. If I choose food, I won't beat myself up or feel a
failure-il just stand back and ask myself WHY I chose the food over the pack. I
think it's mainly about being aware of how I act around food-if I think I CAN'T
have it (because of CD/diet) then I'll want it but if I CAN have it then maybe
I'll choose not to?!

Sorry for my essays! I needed to share how I'm thinking
with someone and you're the only ones who seem to understand! Im sure my family
just think I'm a fat pig and that it's as simple as 'if you don't want to be
fat, don't eat it!' Which it's clearly not as I want to be thin SO much, I just
can't stop eating!

I'm also gonna look at hypnotherapy again-there's one
where they hypnotise you into thinking you have a gastric band! Quite pricey but
alot cheaper than a real gastric band!

So girlies, I hope you understand the crap I'm putting myself through at the moment!
Not in a very good place psychologically and I want to regain control over my life back.
I know only I can make these choices, so that's what I'm going to
concentrate on doing - making choices that are RIGHT for me and my body and gaining control again - and a
little bit of exceptance for who I am - and that if I CHOOSE to eat I'm not
a complete failure, just flawed.

I promise to post when I'm feeling more controlled and sure of myself - just not
promising a timescale!

Good luck with all your diets! You'll all do amazingly I'm sure!

If you want to catch up with me, I'm on Facebook, I'm "Lynsey Coburn" from South Wales - my pic is a blonde girl (me) with crazy hearts painted on
my face! Looking a little worse for wear! Add me xxxx

Ps thank you all for your support - it has meant SO much to me, but I'm starting to realise I need to do this FOR myself and by myself. Love you all! xxxx

Well I'm back and heavier than ever! But also a bit more positive.

Life is good for me at the moment (touch wood) I've just bought a new house and settled in - so am no longer living with my parents, I have quit teaching and have set up my own online ladies boutique selling affordable ladies fashion (quick plug-check me out at Ladieswear and accessories) and am soon to set up my own IN STORE boutique....so life is good at the moment - all except I am grossly overweight and putting it back on the 2nd time around means I am now feeling every single fatty pound! I feel overweight, bloated, out of breath, unfit and just bleurgh! Not the image I want to project for my fashion business!

Not that theres anything wrong with being a "curvy" girl - far from it and my boutique sells clothing from sizes 6-32 to show that everyone should have a right to look and feel nice - its just that i dont "feel" nice at the moment. this isnt the right weight for me and i need to lose some to feel better.

So I have booked a sunny, summer holiday with my OH, my little girl, my sister and her oh and her little boy for next May (21st to Egypt) and I WILL not go on the plane at this size - they probably wouldnt let me on for starters! :-(

So I have that as my "goal" and I am planning on loosing 2lbs a week for 45 weeks (give or take a few pounds at christmas and birthdays) to take me to my goal of 10 stone by May 21st 2011.

That will be just over a whopping 6 stone lost (again!) and I will work hard to keep it off this time!

Now, I dont know what exact plan I am planning on following to get me to goal - I just know I need a great big kick up my great big bum to change my current diet to a healthier one.

I have lots of cambridge shakes and porridges here that go out of date in august, so I am going to start by using them up, 3 a day for the next week or so and then when they run out I think I am going to swap to slimming world - something that allows me to eat lots of fruit and veg, not have to weigh/count cals and still allows me to eat out with friends.

So here's to my new 45 week battle against the bulge!

I'm feeling positive and Im ready to shed some pounds and get fitter!

Hope everyones well??

Lotsa Love Lynsey xxxx

hey hun, and welcome back...

good luck with it all, and im sure you will do it..

Egypt is loooveeelllyyyy where are you going

Right, IM BACK!

I was tempted to start a new diary for this weight loss journey but I thought, no bugger it - this is my life and my past weight loss failures are part of me and who I am - and also part of what I am going to achieve next!

I came back to Cambridge on January 8th 2012, after successfully losing 4 stone on CD in 2010 but ending up in hospital with severe gallstone pains haltered my success and I lost another stone waiting for a gallstone op - taking me from 18 stone 5 to 13 stone 7 for my op.

After my op, I fully intended on getting better and then carrying on with cambridge but no matter how much I tried I just couldnt get bk on it :-( I was devastated. I kept trying until the end of 2010 and then just gave up. I ate my way through 2011 and to hefty 19 stone 6lbs! (I saw 19 stone 9lbs on the scales once, but we'll ignore that!)

And I was mortified.

NYE and a few choice words of a 10 year old boy of how my little girl was going to get bullied at school for having a fat mum and that she was going to be fat too and nobody would like! I decided to sort out my demons once and for all.

I dont know what my problem is with food, but Im discovering its my enemy and NOT my friend.

I have my reasons for choosing CD again over so many other diets and these are them:

[FONT=&quot]1) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rapid weight loss[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Allows me to “step back” from food and re-assess my diet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gets me closer to my goal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I like the shakes, porridge and bars – so no excuse!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Extra water and vitamins will leave my skin and hair looking fab’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will be able to fit into smaller clothes in just a few weeks time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Only £40/week – I spend more than this on takeaways![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Convenient to take to work, no hassle cooking. [/FONT]

And no other diet works for me.

Im determined that this time I will be skinny by October and thinNER by summer! A spiritualist has confirmed this! so its exciting news!

I saw a spiritualist who read my tarot cards and told me - you're wondering if life is going to be easy in 2012, and it is. Its all about karma for you this year. if youve tried the best to learn the lessons life has been teaching you over the years, youre set to gain new stability come October. If youre guilty of sweeping issues under the carpet and refusing to give yourself a reality check you have between now and October to rectify that. It will be worth the effort you put in!

To me, that can only apply to my diet! and I believe that everything happens for a reason (hence my struggle with my weight/diets) I HAVE learnt alot from it - that things dont happen over night, that if i cheat im only cheating myself.... that I will keep on making mistakes until I learn from them and move on! so 2012 is the year to move on and shift this blubber for ever! xx

Wish me luck girlies! I will keep updating this diary as regularly as possible and will be looking at other people's posts and diaries for support though this! good luck everyone! xx

Heya, check out our usernames ;) i'm a restarter to.....this is my 3rd time lol 2nd day on 810. However my start weight is less then it was last time - even at 19 stone 4 lbs! Good luck but i'm sure you don't need it, your a bit of a pro! Lol xx

Fab username hunni!

Im not so much a pro at weight loss..... more a pro at failing! but im determined this time! xx

good luck hunni!!

hey hun, good to see you back!!!

You are so motivated this time round and im sure you will do well :)

xx

Thank you hunni! I AM determined this time, Im not stopping CD til I get to 10 stone, then going to lose another stone through exercise and healthy eating. Im not takign any detours or the scenic route this time, its CD all the way for me! It needs to be, Im shedding this fat once and for all - there's a skinny person inside screaming to be let out!

How are you hunni?

Right start of week 3 and 17lbs down, -12lbs in the first week and -5lbs in the second week! Aiming for another 5lbs this week! but as long as I stick to it 100% and as long as it comes off I'm happy!

xxxx

Hope everyone is doing well? xxxx

17lbs....well done!! Are you finding it easier this time round? For some reason i'm finding it so much easier this time. Which is odd, everyone said it would be more difficult. I'm becoming a daily weigher - i don't think that's even a word lol - and i'm pretty sure that won't be good in the long run but i have lost 8lbs in 3 days so far =) x

Wow well done!! 8lbs in 3 days!! thats fab!

Im a daily weigher too babes ;-)

Yeah I AM finding it easier this time. I did it originally in 2010, then piled all the weight bk on by eating like a pig, i tried all last year to get bk on it but never could get past day one.... but now my heads in the right place and I'm motivated!!

eeek! Im excited too! cant wait to be lots of sizes smaller by summer! xx

I can't wait for summer when I'm smaller and I will be! Not having to wear long sleeved tops and leggings will be a godsend. Plus my little man has his 4th birthday in July and he's having a bouncy castle, I want a go! Lol x

Today's update......feeling like crap and totally de-motivated.

I've been suffering with gall stone type pains again, my whole tummy is bloated and tender and sore to touch. My head feels hazy and I just generally feel like crap.

Coupled with, I weighed and I've put on 4lbs??? which suggests I've been kicked out of ketosis - the culprit - a tiny little brown pill called diclofenac that i took to ease the gall bladder type pains!!

I know it MUST be that as I havent ate a thing, been 100% and when I took it Sunday night, I woke up early hours of the morning feeling like I was fainting even tho I was lying down, i got up to go the loo and just collapsed. I was SO scared. My OH made me a shake and that seemed to do the trick.

I think the diclofenac knocked me out of ketosis and left me with no "reserves" so I was literally starving. (I didnt feel "hungry" tho, just sick shaky and weak).

I took my sugar levels on my dad's diabetic sugar-testing machine and it was normal at 6.4 (not particularly low, i know normal is 7).

I've perserved, I got up the next day and had 3 shakes and 2.5litres of water. I've had the same today, I've also made a doctors appt to discuss it and to have blood tests taken. Ive demanded a full blood count, liver and kidney profiles and a check on my pancreas - just to be sure.

If everything's OK there and with my blood pressure, I will continue SS'ing.

I'm just utterly gutted that I could have gained 4lbs without eating??

It COULD be water retention and I think I need to up the water count as I struggle to get in just over 2 litres, some days lately I admit I've been doing 1.5litres.... which really isnt good enough and could be whats putting extra pressure on my kidneys etc....

I just wish I could FEEL motivated again, but seeing a 4lbs gain on the scales is never nice :-( I dont even WANT to eat, so thats not the issue, I just want to see it coming off.... It had better be off by my WI Sunday!!

Hope everyone else is doing well?

I will be a yummy mummy - that bouncy castle sounds fab!! How are you doing?

heelllooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Im back an ive missed you and all my mini friends

hope you are ok hun what did the docs say?

So fab to see your back on the diet waggon! Just ignore the scales for now and stick with your weigh with CWP leader!

Cant wait to follow your success hun

lots love me

xxx

I hope you are ok hun.... you must not let this get you down.... you will get through it....

Thanks girlies x

Katie its lovely to see you back!!

This week's WI is showing -2lbs, official WI is tomorrow...so i hope I can miraculously shred some more tonight! lol!

but really, putting stuff into perspective I'm more than happy with -19lbs in 3 weeks.

Right, now the bad news - my doctor has ordered more blood tests, as my current ones are showing that ketosis is putting my body under stress it cant cope with. My liver enzymes were elevated and my kidney and liver arent coping too well either - hence the bloated sore tummy and pains.

So my doctor wants me to follow a higher CD plan and make sure I eat a healthy balanced meal every day. He thinks this will also help with the constipation.

So the plan he's wrote out for me from yesterday is to try the following (whilst having regular health checks:)

(He doesnt want me to come straight bk off CD and onto food or he thinks that will confuse my body AGAIN, so he wants me to adjust gradually, by doing this:)

Friday - Friday
3 CD Shakes and a 300 calorie meal

Record weight loss and how I'm feeling. Back to doctors on the Monday for blood pressure and more blood tests.

Then 3 x shakes and a 500 calorie meal for 2 weeks - record weight loss and how I'm feeling.

Then for 2 weeks, swap to a healthy diet of low calorie food to take the place of the CD products and include lots of fruit and veg, low carb, low fat, high protein foods. No less than 1200 calories for these two weeks.

He's put suggested meals as:

Breakfast: porridge with fresh fruit and a low fat yogurt
OR 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk

Dinner: Soup or a chicken/tuna/egg salad
With more fruit

Tea: A healthy balanced meal - no more than 600 calories and no later than 6.30pm.

Allowed Snacks: fruit, yogurt, nuts, seeds, crackers and cottage cheese.

Not allowed: processed foods - try to keep as natural as possible except for "treats", cakes, biscuits, crisps, chocolates, white bread, chips etc...

Eat in moderation: fats (opt for "good" fats,) wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, potatoes.

He's wrote to try and eat any carbs from breakfast to lunch and very low carbs at tea time - as other wise they just get converted to body fat as you sleep.

He's sent all this to my CDC too so she's going to be keeping track too.

So I need to make this change back to "normal" eating over the next weeks and keep a diary of what I ate and what I lost.

Im not used to getting this much attention from the doctors as they normally dont care! so I'm 100% going to give it a go and see how its goes.

He reckons, because of my current weight, I can still lose 3-4lbs a week healthily on this diet without doing any internal damage.... so I'll give it a go!

When I've done my 2 weeks at minimum 1200 calories, he wants me to go back so he can see how much I've lost and then I'm going to start training too, so he's going to put me on 1500calories for 2 weeks!

So I'm going to stick to this plan and see how I feel.... he said I CAN carry on using the CD products if I want to, to get my calories in, in balanced amounts inc vitamins and minerals, but he WOULD prefer me to re-educate myself on healthy and not-healthy foods.

He's not one that agrees with CD as he thinks you just put it all bk on afterwards (& more) as you havent re-educated yourself on what is healthy and what isnt, so when you have to make food choices again you cant and are bk where you started....

I suppose that DOES make sense, and I DO have a pretty warped sense of what is good and what isnt,... but I have more self control when Im on CD than I do on another diet :-(

But I'm determined this time - this weight is coming off in 2012!! xx

Good luck girlies!! We can do this!! xx

Kes, you switched to healthy eating from CD - how have you found it? xx

Someone, anyone - help!

Im going bk to my doctor tomorrow and asking if i can go bk to CD and be monitored. I just cant get on with low carbing/making food choices. Im only getting about 780 calories in anyway as cant make good choices so end up not eating anything :-(

So that cant be good for me as will mean Im not getting essential vitamins and minerals. Ive got a constant headache and the dreaded "bread bloat".

No food seems appetising and my scales are staying the same as my body doesnt know what the hell is going on!

The doctor mentioned that my problems on SS might be down to me not drinking enough and leaving too long between packs, so if Im really careful with that Im hoping he'll let me bk on it - or at least on SS+/810....

Im just really worried that if i cant make food choices NOW after only 3-4weeks on it, how Im going to cope when i get to goal to maintain??

Do you worry about maintenance and just gaining it all back??

Im worried my body will be used to 500cals and will just gain if i try to eat any more at maintenance??

are we mucking up our metabolism doing this diet?? theres SO much to think about isnt there.

I've ate fairly low carb, (but not ketosis low), low cal and lots of fruit and veg this week and STS so far. but i just feel tired. I felt much better and healthier on CD - except for the kidney ache.

Oh what to do. :-(

I will go bk to doctors tomorrow and see what he says. Really in turmoil. its like something in my mind has "clicked" and is ready to lose weight, its just knowing what to eat to do it safely yet quickly. xx

Any advice or opinion/information is greatly appreciated!! xx

Right I'm back!

So sorry for the desperate rambling post above!

I've had some fab advice (on another thread) off some of the girlies on here and on facebook - thank you so much girlies!!

You've only reiterated what I already knew but its helped it sink in!

The first doctor I saw (who wanted me to come off CD and cal count) didnt want me in ketosis, just wanted me to low carb.. but not low enough to be in ketosis xx I didnt explain that well enough - sorry.

I was seeing a doctor who was clearly already against CD, had never been overweight and just didnt understand my damaged relationship with food.

In regards to my tummy pains - they were a horrible aching/burning pain like I had when I had gall stones, almost unbearably uncomfortable - definitely not constipation.... and I havent had them at all since I've been cal counting and not CD'ing....

BUT, I've been back to the doctors and asked to see another doctor, and I explained everything to her.. why I want to do CD over any other diet, that i just cant make good food choices and thats why I'm fat... that I need time out from eating/cooking/making food choices to allow me to re-learn HOW to eat healthily, restrain myself and make good food choices and obviously because it comes off so fast on CD.

She also explained, that eating low cal DOES affect your metabolism - but yes, that it would only be temporary. and adding exercise later on would help increase it again! Phew!

So unfounded worries!

I understood already, that if I came off CD at the end and ate like I did before then obviosuly I was going to get fat again - this is certainly true of all diets and quite glaringly obvious. But my real worry was that, if I got to goal on 500cals a day and then tried to maintain at say, a generally healthy 1500cal, would I keep gaining. But she said no. I might gain a few lbs initially but my body would adjust. She also said I could add exercise in to increase my metabolism and I would probably even lose at 1500cals then, so would need to increase further cals to balance the exercise and maintain.

She confirmed that maintenance would be the hardest bit - but pointed out, that I was showing that I was afraid of failing before even TRYING to succeed! good point.

I have now made an informed decision to go bk on CD SS, and (new!) doctor is going to monitor any aches, pains, blood pressure, sugar levels and blood tests! She explained that the first doctor should have released that my liver enzymes WOULD be elevated on CD as my body is in ketosis and my liver is working hard to break down fats and get used to my body using body fat for energy instead of any carbs I would normally be eating.

She also said abdominal pains COULD be a few things, just general cramp (i suffer with that in my legs too on CD, so it makes sense that I could be getting it in other areas too!) the constipation./trapped wind and it could be a form of carb wirthdrawal - she explained it like "cold turkey" pains from carbs - especially if my diet was high in carbs before - which it definitely was!

She looked back at my kidney results and didn't seem too concerned by them - she just said to ensure I drink plenty of water EVERY day and that if I wasnt exercising I shouldnt need much over 3l, but not under 2l - so between 2-3l every day.

I think alot of my pains ARE constipation/trapped wind too as Im not regular at the best of times, so messing around with my diet isnt helping.

I also think that some days I was drinking TOO much water and others I wasnt drinking enough, resulting in an inbalance of my electrolytes. SO what I've learnt is to be careful with this diet and to be consistant!

Space my packs out equally, dont take any strong painkillers (!) - learnt that the hard way!, drink at least 2l of water but not really any need for more than 3l - and drink this EVERY day not just some! Stop weighing daily and de-motivating myself! and just make a decision and STICK TO IT! Indecisiveness will get me nowhere!

How do the rest of you stop constipation?? Im going to take a laxative today when I go bk on to CD SS to get rid of anything that might have built up (TMI i know! sorry!) and then take a spoonful of the CD fibre stuff with every shake - hope this helps.

My decision is to go back on Cambridge Diet until I get to goal and THEN I will re-assess everything and work hard to keep it off.

I have accepted that I will need to watch what I eat for the rest of my life and I am happy with that! If I dont... I will only end up back at the beginning - or wose, even fatter than before!

So thank you girls! I hope you are successful on your plans and thank you so much for making my brain listen to something it already knew! lol!

I think my main problem was it got hard around week 4 so I ran... my own fault, my own decision and now I need to re-focus and start again!

Thanks again xx

My weight loss so far:
Week One - CD SS -12lbs
Week two - CD SS some days, a SS+ every other day -5lbs loss
Week three - as above -4lbs (TOM and heavily constipated)
Week four - started cal counting and eating some carbs, so put 3lbs water and carb weight back on intially, but then lost it over the week
so showed a STS overall.

Week 5 - here's to week 5!

hey hun, how is it going being back on it?

Back