Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

Eek! Fran you're back!

Hello flower!

Yeayyy! You can soooo do this and it does help keep you on track coming on here everyday ya know!

Good luck!

Lotsa love

xxx

You're all going great guns and God I feel like such a failure........

This is going to sound like I'm waffling, but I want to include everything - all my worries, reasons and excuses.....

I had a 100% SS day yesterday, no picking, snacking or anything..... but I also had the shakes SO bad yesterday, dizziness and a thumping headache-couldnt sleep at all last night as was having heart palpitations and I kept feeling like I was going to "black out" -even though I was lying down!

I had a little episode of the shakes last time I did CD, but not until day 4-5 and nothing as extreme as this. I just sipped lots of water and hoped that it would pass. I got up this morning and felt REALLY ill....so I was a little worried so after Frannie's advise I rang my CDC and explained my symptoms.

I thought I should, as last time I was on CD I got quite ill (not blaming it on the diet at all - I know it was from my unhealthy diet to begin with and then going to new extremes with CD SS and then having a break-binge, but for those of you who arent familiar with my diary, I got rushed in to hospital with gallstones that had caused pancreatitis....) anyway, when I was in hospital the consultant said that I should leave off CD SS as being in ketosis puts an extra strain on your kidneys and liver -if you're a generally fit and healthy person there is no problem in being in a mild ketonic state but the problem was my liver was already under stress from the gallstones and pancreatitis so it wouldnt cope well with CD SS......anyway, this time around I'm worried that my liver hasnt repaired itself completely yet?? Would it have?? Its been just over 3 months since I had the gallbladder removal op??)

I haven't been to see my CDC this time around as I still had quite a few shakes left so I was going to do it alone until the shakes ran out and then see her - she was fine with this as she knows I'm fairly (ahem!) sensible.....

Anyway, I rang her this morning and she said to try eating something - chicken breast or tuna, something with protein but low-to-no-carbs in and see how I felt.

So I ate some chicken and I feel much better! The dull headache's still there but I'm not shaking, not having palpitations and I dont feel like I'm going to black out anymore!

So because of this I've decided to go up to the 810 plan or even the 1000plan and work my way back down instead......

I just think, with all the crap I was eating over Christmas, carbs and caffeine etc..... cutting it all out at once is going from one extreme to the other again and is making me feel ill.

There are other reasons for my decision, my CDC is also busy setting up an office in my local village, so she cant see me until the Friday after next so i wont have enough shakes/products to last me until then if I'm doing SS.....So to prepare for doing SS/SS+ when I get to see her on that Friday, until then I am going to do 2 shakes/products a day and a meal. So it'll be in between SS+ and 810.....

Hopefully, a week of that with some weight loss, chance for my body to adapt etc will help me get back on SS without any problems??

I also read that LCD have a very similar weight loss result to VLCD.... and I will be able to exercise and go to the gym too so all in all I will feel a bit happier.

I know I sound like I'm trying to convince myself.... truth is, I DO think this is the best way for me (starting on a higher plan) but I am also gutted I couldnt just DO it on SS...

xxxx

hun, you need to do what is best for you.
and if going up the plans is better, then you go for it!! :)

Hey hun!

I think its a very wise desicion! Your still low cal and low carb so you should still see some really good losses! And if you do start gradually lowering cals it wont be such a shock!

Plus you have to do whats right for your body! 3 months after a major op is not a lon time hun so you maybe right your organs may not be ready to go under the strain of a vlcd

Glad your feeling much better now

xxxxxx

Thanks hun, I'm feeling much better on my new devised plan!

I'm sort of doing SS+ I suppose, I just checked the mini-booklets they give you & the website and what I'm eating is more that than 810plan.

Look:

Sole Source Plus® allows some extra flexibility. On this programme, you may have three Cambridge Weight Plan meals plus a 200kcal meal (from a range of selected recipes available from your Consultant) or four Cambridge Weight Plan meals plus 200ml of skimmed milk. This is the same regardless of height or gender.

I'm having 2 shakes (3 if I need to), 200ml of milk and a 200cal meal.

So I'm still sole source +'ing it really!

I'm loving having my cups of tea this time around so the extra 200ml of milk is worth it even if it means I have to sacrifice a few pounds on the scales!

This way is MUCH easier! Knowing I have my meal to look forward to each day and much more sustainable for the 20+ weeks I know I'm going to be on the CD plan.

Feeling positive again! No longer feel a failure! I'm re-taking control of things, so I cant be a failure because I'm refusing to quit!

Going by a proper 100% re-start on Tuesday, so far this week I've ate:

Tuesday: 3 CD shakes and 3 litres of water, 3 cups of tea

Wednesday: 2 CD shakes, 2.25 litres of water and a very small chicken salad, 3 cups of tea

Thursday: 1 CD shake so far, 1.5litres of water so far and I'm having another shake soon and a small plate of tuna and broccoli for tea - yum! 2 cups of tea.....

My headache still hasnt gone tho, so its def carb withdrawl :-(

Hope everyone else is doing well? xxxx

Just a quick post before I fall asleep! Just wanted to say soooo glad that you have found your mojo! Looks like your new plan is gunna suit you to a tee! I know you will do fabby on it! Just think of summer were all gunna be skinny minis!

Also wanted to say thanks for your supportive msgs! It lovely for you to take the time out to helo me along! :) Its been manic today but will reply tomoz!

:heartpump: ya

xxxxxxxx

Aw Katie,

I only just saw your message above....and now its too late to click "thank you" so.........
:talk017::thankyou::talk017:

You're a star. And I dont know why YOU'RE thanking ME for being supportive - you've been fab to me! you're a little shining star!!

How are you doing now hun?? It's bloody hard work isnt it!! Let's hope its worth the effort....although I think it is!!

When we can fit into slinky little dresses in the summer we'll be laughing! xx

Right this weekend.....where do I start??

Its shown me - once again, how much my social life revolves around food! Its a wonder how all my family and friends arent also obese!!

Friday evening we were invited over our friends for a chinese and wine evening, but we politely declined and had an early night instead - 100% day of my new plan completed! Yay! (Except for a few onions I whipped off my mums hotdog!)

Saturday...........what can I say about Saturday?!

It was my nephew's 9th Birthday and he had his party at Tay Barns :-( if any of you dont know what Tay Barns is - google it! Its a foodies paradise! All you can eat for £8.95!!

Well I started the day with 1.5litres of water and a choc mint shake - was going good!

Then I made a conscious decision to eat at the party so I wouldnt be miserable....so I went and had a plate of lettuce, beetroot, corn on the cob and 2 chicken&pepper skewers and then I had chicken fajita mix in a wrap.

No dessert and no pastries! Anyone who knows me and who no knows Tay Barns will know this is an achievement! :D

Then I had another shake and lots of water before bed! (Turned down ANOTHER meal out with a different set of friends in the evening....)

The wrap had obviously tipped me out of ketosis tho as I woke up Sunday morning STARVING!!

Then Sunday, after turning down a Sunday lunch out with friends, I had to endure another family meal at my brothers house to celebrate him moving over from Sweden!! Eeek!

He made a delicious steak sauce with onions, bacon, creme freche, peppercorn...it smelt divine!! But I resisted! He also made steak, chicken, salad, onion rings, garlic bread, corn on the cob, garlic battered mushrooms, chips, wedges, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate gateau and ice-cream!

I had a big plate of the salad with a chicken breast!! Go me!!

I then had a shake when I got home and felt saintly!

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and the scales are showing a 5lbs loss since last Tuesday! So not as good as if I was doing SS but I cant expect that when I'm also eating!

So things are going good....Ive got 2 personal training sessions booked this week (last weeks one went really well, although I DID feel a little light headed).... and then I'm spending all day Sat at my gym with my sister - we'll be gym'ing it, using the pool, sauna and jacuzzi!

Hope you're all doing well and feeling well.

Speak soon xxxx

Ps my new goal is to get below 200lbs by the end of Feb....so that's 15lbs to go..... Wish me luck!! xx

good luck hun, and im sure you can do it...

ive also taken a leaf out of your book, and i will be having a low carb/low cal meal and a couple of packs...

hope you feel brill after resisting all those scrummy foods over the weekend... i but i could not have done that so you have something to be proud of there. :)

good luck with your weigh in.... (are you weighing tomorrow?)

Aw Katie,

I only just saw your message above....and now its too late to click "thank you" so.........
:talk017::thankyou::talk017:

You're a star. And I dont know why YOU'RE thanking ME for being supportive - you've been fab to me! you're a little shining star!!

How are you doing now hun?? It's bloody hard work isnt it!! Let's hope its worth the effort....although I think it is!!

When we can fit into slinky little dresses in the summer we'll be laughing! xx

Right this weekend.....where do I start??

Its shown me - once again, how much my social life revolves around food! Its a wonder how all my family and friends arent also obese!!

Friday evening we were invited over our friends for a chinese and wine evening, but we politely declined and had an early night instead - 100% day of my new plan completed! Yay! (Except for a few onions I whipped off my mums hotdog!)

Saturday...........what can I say about Saturday?!

It was my nephew's 9th Birthday and he had his party at Tay Barns :-( if any of you dont know what Tay Barns is - google it! Its a foodies paradise! All you can eat for £8.95!!

Well I started the day with 1.5litres of water and a choc mint shake - was going good!

Then I made a conscious decision to eat at the party so I wouldnt be miserable....so I went and had a plate of lettuce, beetroot, corn on the cob and 2 chicken&pepper skewers and then I had chicken fajita mix in a wrap.

No dessert and no pastries! Anyone who knows me and who no knows Tay Barns will know this is an achievement! :D

Then I had another shake and lots of water before bed! (Turned down ANOTHER meal out with a different set of friends in the evening....)

The wrap had obviously tipped me out of ketosis tho as I woke up Sunday morning STARVING!!

Then Sunday, after turning down a Sunday lunch out with friends, I had to endure another family meal at my brothers house to celebrate him moving over from Sweden!! Eeek!

He made a delicious steak sauce with onions, bacon, creme freche, peppercorn...it smelt divine!! But I resisted! He also made steak, chicken, salad, onion rings, garlic bread, corn on the cob, garlic battered mushrooms, chips, wedges, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate gateau and ice-cream!

I had a big plate of the salad with a chicken breast!! Go me!!

I then had a shake when I got home and felt saintly!

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and the scales are showing a 5lbs loss since last Tuesday! So not as good as if I was doing SS but I cant expect that when I'm also eating!

So things are going good....Ive got 2 personal training sessions booked this week (last weeks one went really well, although I DID feel a little light headed).... and then I'm spending all day Sat at my gym with my sister - we'll be gym'ing it, using the pool, sauna and jacuzzi!

Hope you're all doing well and feeling well.

Speak soon xxxx

Woooop wooooop im soooo proud of you hun! I cant beleive you resisted all that yummo food! An I am in total awe of you at Taybarns! I love love love their carrot cakes haha big well done to you!!!

You sound like you are doing amazing hun! R u a Tuesday weigher? I change dmine to tuesday too cos im still paid up at weight watchers till end of feb (nawty me hehe :p )

Hope you had a wicked day and enjoy being at your fave school tomoz

lotsa love

xxxxxxx

Yeah girlies,

I am (was) a Tuesday weigher.... I DID say I wasn't going to weigh / post weight loss on here for a few weeks so i could post a significant loss....but what the heck.....I lost 5.5lbs this week!

That's with my 2 shakes a day, a meal and 200ml of milk and numerous nibbling and picking! lol!

So quite pleased with that!

If I'm honest, I havent been 100% at all since starting back so wasnt expecting any loss at all....I still havent seen my CDC to get new supplies in, so I'm going with what I had left over from last year and I think they may have gone off.....they taste more chemically than I remember them tasting first time around and all I have left is choc mint shakes, which were my fave before but Ive gone right off them so am having a hard time keeping on track and motivated at the moment.

My CDC is in demand at the moment, so she's just going to pop supplies in to me on Monday evening - so I'll have some nice yummy bars to look forward to then.

I think I'm at the stage where I just need to perserve for a few weeks, see the weight coming off and then I'll re-gain my motivation.

Anyone else find CD a complete emotional journey?? Or is that just me?

One minute I'm up, all motivated and feeling happy and upbeat and that I can achieve anything - then the next minute I'm down and depressed and could cry at the drop of a hat!

I cant remember what feeling "normal" feels like!

Any hooo I'm off to watch Dora the Explorer with my little babba. She doesnt seem to mind my stinky breath! lol! xxxx

Oh I'm with you on the emotional roller coaster! We must be sat right next to each other .. up down and around and around!!

What is the best before date on the back of the pack..? If you think they don't taste nice, have a go with the biggest loser mint choc one... you will soon be running straight back to cd one.... :)

I posted a big long post on here this morning and its disappeared?? That's weird!

Anyways...I weighed today and I've lost another 2.5lbs so that's 8lbs in 2 weeks! Which I'm happy with (cue estatic as I've been picking snacking munching....so I dont really deserve it!)

So I've only got 2lbs to go to get into the 14's again!! Eeek!!

I've decided I'm going to do this properly from now on as prolonging stuff/snacking is moving me in and out of ketosis and making me feel like crap.

I've just had an order off my CDC so I've got a variety of stuff in - soups, shakes, bars and porridges so I should cope more easily on it now.

I'm not doing SS though, I'm going to do a mix up of the plans to keep things varied for me. This week I'm doing SS+ as I need a small meal and my skimmed milk for tea! I'm going to take each week at a time and decide at the start of the week - depending on what I've got coming up that week, what plan I'm doing.

How's everyone else doing?

I find it so much easier when I'm in work all day to stick to it! I dont get time to eat! But I find getting the water in harder when I'm working.

I've been working all day today and I've managed 1.5litres so going to try and get another litre in before bed time.

Off to nosey at others pages now xxxx
I'm hoping to lose 5lbs this week by sticking exactly to the plan, drinking my 3l of water and doing some light exercise. Wish me luck!

I've just tried the choc mint bar for the first time and all I can say is eurgh eurgh eurgh! I'm going to stick to choc orange or toffee from now on!

This dieting lark plays havoc with emotions and self confidence doesnt it! The more I "diet" the worse i feel!!

I've decided to just go with the flow and take each day as it comes, I've devised my own sort of plan that is still vlc and SHOULD keep me in ketosis, but if it doesnt, then I guess its still 100% better than me just pigging out on burger and chips all the time!

I've figured that even if I'm not doing CD SS 100%, I'm still keeping my eating in check, which will (hopefully) have an impact on my weight.

I know I'm taking the scenic route and it will take longer this way, but it fits into my lifestyle better! I'm having a girlie takeout night Friday and its family-meal sunday again on Sunday! Eeek!!

Why cant I just blink myself thin?? I'd be size 0 in no time!!

I'm going to go for chicken shish and lettuce on Friday night and Saturday we are having lasagne and salad - but I'm making it Sunday, so am going to do a low fat version without telling the others!! ;-)

So far today I've had:

CD Apple and Cinnamon Porride
A toffee bar

1.5litres of water, (hoping to get another 1.5 litres in before the end of the day)

And a few bites of Bella's dinner :-(

(chicken dippers and grilled waffles with peas and broccoli if you're asking!)

I wasnt even hungry!! I just saw it there and "wanted" it!

I'm hoping for 3lbs this week, so I'd better get guzzling and reign in my picking!!

I'm planning on having a small chicken breast with broccoli for tea tonight...............

Hope you're all doing well??

xxxx

hey hunny.
i too keep picking and i dont even need it.. but i see it and want it... if it wasnt around, i wouldnt have it..... hmmmmm something tells me there is some stopping for me to do ....

im doing ok (just read kae's diary..) i have a diary in the cambridge section.. (its in the normal section not the diary section.. should prob change it really...)

just having a LUSH choc mint shake. and my 100th coffee for today (decaf...) and have bottle number 2 (750 ml bottle) sitting next to me....

apparently today is the day you give up your new years resolutions....

Ha ha! Think that may be right for me! As mine were to lose weight, learn to drive and get a new job................none of these are happening at the moment!!

I just can't stop eating today! I def need to be at work for this diet to work, the moment I'm home for the day all I do is eat!!

Today I've failed miserably and had:

CD Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
A toffee CD bar
A choc orange bar - 2 bars in 1 day!! EEK!! I just couldnt help myself!

2.25litres of water - really struggling on the water!

A few bites of Bella's dinner :-( (chicken dippers and grilled waffles with peas and broccoli if you're asking!)

I wasnt even hungry!! I just saw it there and "wanted" it!

1/2 a pack of pickled onion monster munch

2 jaffa cakes

And a chicken salad!

It's the most I've ate in 2 weeks and I feel so full I could be sick - yet I still kept searching out food to eat!

I can say bye-bye to any loss this week I think......... I dont know whats wrong with me, I'm not even hungry!! Its like I'm possessed!!

Aggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Why can't I do this??

you have lost your mojo!!...

CAN ANYONE FIND STBYM'S MOJO!!!!

you will find it again... trust me :)

Mojo well and truly gone :-(

I had a bad day yesterday too.....just cant get bk on it......

I was really good whilst in work yesterday - had a bar for breakfast, porridge for lunch and 1.5l of water then it all went downhill when I got home :-(

I had THE most absurd evening EVER thanks to my MIL and it had me reaching for the food!! I have GOT to stop comfort eating!! I had my planned meal of chicken breast and green beans and carrots.....but then I had 3 new potatoes and 2 jaffa cakes!! EEEEKK!!

I'm SO bloody annoyed with myself.

This morning so far I've had 500ml of water, 2 cups of tea (skimmed milk, no sugar) and a choc orange bar.

I'm having my planned meal for dinner and then porridge for tea......

WISH ME LUCK as I need it!! I need my mojo back :-(

Have u tried eBay? Lol u can vat anything on there! :p

keep at it Hun! U can do this

xxxx

Back