Im back & I mean business!!

Hi Nic,

It does sound like you have been knocked out of ketosis & that's why you are hungry again.

You will need to get back on the wagon but I wouldn't have thought you will have to go 3/4 days because you didn't slip that badly - just keep glugging the water, have a small meal of the same as last night if needed and you should be visited by the K fairy soon.

Just stay away from the cider & those pesky scales:( You can't in all reality have gained 3lbs - its the sugar in the cider causing the problem and that should be gone in no time.

Keep going - you are doing brilliantly:)

Thanks for the replies guys :D

Sim94 - I dunno how to post a link :confused:

Missmf - I just went back to my old unhealthy eating habits so it was bound to happen.
It started off with... 'oh im going away on honeymoon soon & i want to be able to eat what i like so i'll get back on track when i come back'
then it was 'oh it's almost christmas now - there's no point starting a diet this close to xmas so i'll get back on track in the new year'
I was also TTC at this time - so as the weight was creeping back on i was thinking 'I'm pregnant that's why im putting on weight'

It was basically one excuse after another!

I did get pregnant around xmas time so used the old 'eating for two' excuse & continued to pile on the pounds...

Sadly I went into premature labour & lost my daughter at the end of April at almost 5 months gestation :cry: which caused me to comfort eat for a while....

Now I am desperately trying to get hold of the situation

Sorry for goin on & on but felt I needed to explain how i've ended up in this state. x

sweetheart dont be so hard on yourself, I know exactly how you feel losing a baby at that stage, I lost identical twin boys at 24 weeks gestation, one survived 8 minutes, and the other had a heart attack being born, it takes time to grieve.

I'm on my umpteenth restart, so lets get this sorted, we can do this hun, OK!!!

sue xx

oh, i'm so sorry for your horrific loss.
good luck with everything in the future. big love and great big hugs. xx

Hmmmm.... not much help being offered is there? :sigh:

Big thanks to Lenny Sun & missmf for taking the time to reply tho :) x

CD10 - Not quite there yet!

Morning all

I had salad again for my tea yesterday... god im pretty rubbish at this aren't i? but at least im not eating biscuits or chips n'stuff eh?

I need to give myself a good kick up the bum & get back into not eating anything coz even tho its only low fat cottage cheese/lettuce & cucumber it feels like im only half-heartedly doing CD & I know I'll be gutted when I next get weighed & prob feel like jacking it in altogether!

So.... onward & upwards! today is gonna be the day when I don't eat ANYTHING!!

Wish me luck guys :D x

Hi nic,
ur doin better than i am, cos i totally can't get my head in the zone, havn't managed a full day yet, keep thinkin maybe i should do weight watchers, cant get my head round the whole NOT eating anything:mad:, got about 2.5 to 3 stone to lose, i have 3 boys so having loads of crisps, biscuits etc in cupboard doesn't help:eek:. Where do you get ur supplys from?

Hi Chelle

I get my stuff from my CDC Val - think she's from Egremont? but she comes to my house.

Who do you get yours off? x

chelle, have you considered doing atkins, if you go on to the low fat board and look at how buffy has done, she has lost 20lbs in about 6 weeks eating naughty food!, its only a suggestion, but if you are struggling,

sue x

This is really doing my head in at the minute tho!

Im sitting at work feeling hungry & not fancying a shake :( last time i did this was so much easier! I didn't feel hungry at all x

it is soooo much harder 2nd time round, I just want to get into ketosis and not feel hungry like last time, I've always crashed on the 4/5th day attempt before whether I can get a week under my belt then maybe It'll get easier.

sue xx

CD11 - My spirits have lifted!!

Good morning everyone!! :D

Notice I said 'GOOD' morning?!! :eek:

Well - even though I've been eating salad at teatime all week & feeling really down about it...

I weighed myself this morning & I've lost another 2lbs!! :D :D :D

So Lenny - you were right girl!! that 3lbs that I thought id put on was nothing... it's gone and even better... it's took another 2lbs with it!! Yay!! :D x

Fantastic:D:D

When you deviate from plan with carbs or sugar your glycogen stores fill up so its not a true gain in the sense that you ate or drank 3lbs worth of stuff - so its easy on and easy off in this case (I do speak from experience too:eek:)

Well done on staying strong - are you back in ketosis yet??

I'm not for some reason and I have been so hungry these last few days - I have been having a salad evening meal too:) Hopefully I should have a visit from the K fairy soon.

Take care and keep going strong. I think you will easily get your stone this week:D

Thanks for your support Lenny :D

No - I don't think im in ketosis either but im ok thru the day coz i know im getting something to eat at tea time.

If im still losing I'll be happy to carry on like this for a while to be honest.

I might order some ketostix tho & try to go 100% next week? im thinking as long as I keep away from the carbs I should be able to get back into it without too much trouble?? (fingers crossed!)
x

CD12 - Choc cravings!!

Eeek! I've had no bars left since wednesday & can't get any more until sunday night!

Can't cope all weekend without my chocolate nibbles!!

Im planning to get a couple of Atkins bars to tide me over.... is this a really bad idea?

Someone on the main forum said I can't use them coz they're not nutritionally complete... but surely im better having one of these than trying to do without and ending up eating a flippin mars bar or something?? x

CD13 - another 2lbs off!!

Morning all

Panic is over... my CDC managed to get me some emergency bars dropped off :D

So I won't have to buy those Atkins bars after all! phew!

and ive got good news... even tho my official weigh in isn't till tomorrow I checked this morning & i've lost another 2lbs!! so that's my 1st stone gone already!! :D Yay! x

CD14 - Bring it on!!

Thanks for your support Jools :D

Well I've lasted for 2wks & lost a whole stone so I think that's a pretty good incentive for me to keep going isn't it?

The best thing is... I haven't been SSing this week I've been following the 810 plan & I've still lost 4lbs so I think this is probably gonna be the way forward for me? I'll just wait & see if my weight loss slows down & if so, I'll maybe drop back down to SSing.

I must admit - I feel a lot better knowing I can have a meal in the evening & think its much easier to follow when you can be seen by others to eat something - SSing can sometimes feel like a dark secret that you have to keep hidden IYKWIM? x

fabulous hun, well done, I'm adding a small meal in the evenings and its suiting me as well!

sue xx

Back