I'm back, warts n all

frenchfancy

well I'm nearly back. Unfortunately my mother-in-law died a few days before christmas and so we are flying back to UK on thursday for the funeral and will be returning home on sunday. It is then my intention to restart with a vengance on monday 9th January doing total solution so back to no food; and I am actually looking forward to it as I know I have piled weight back on, but will not be weighing myself until the 9th. The kids have paid for us to stay in a nice hotel while in UK as none of them have room for us, so I am going to enjoy someone else cooking for me for a change.
I thought I should check in then people don't think I have fell off the face of the earth.
Puppy Biscuit will be one on 25th January; he is a real sweety but definately jealous of Puppy Lucy. He does have a tendency to dig holes tho which does not please my husband.
Puppy Lucy is now 12 weeks old and I think we have just about house trained her. I just hope that having to go into kennels for 4 days wont put her back, but there is nothing else we can do. She is a real madame and very feisty, she is the boss already, or so she thinks. But we are definately boss over both of them.

Anyway I will keep checking in and will start losing again next week.

Happy 2012 everyone, let's hope it's a slimmer year for us all. x

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother in law :(

Good luck for your restart on the 9th.

What dogs do you have?
I cant wait til I move house so I can get a dog or two!

Sorry for your loss. best of luck for the 9th

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother in law :(

Good luck for your restart on the 9th.

What dogs do you have?
I cant wait til I move house so I can get a dog or two!

We rescued a 9 month old medium sized mixed breed dog called Biscuit (poor boy, we are his 5th home in such a short life) Then we also took a rescued mixed breed female puppy at 8 weeks old. We have had him now for 2 months and her for 1 month. Unfortunately we lost our last dog a few months ago due to a brain tumour and so decided to give a couple of deserving pups a chance of a good life with us.

We are back now at home in france and I have to admit to having A BIT OF LAST SUPPER SYNDROME going on today and I will be glad when its morning and I am back on Exante as I do feel stuffed and bloated; However I am definately not looking forward to standing on the scales :(

Hiya just found your new diary. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law :(

Glad the pups have settled in, hope you don't find any more shoes etc in Biscuit's holes lol
Look forward to catching up xx

frenchfancy said:
well I'm nearly back. Unfortunately my mother-in-law died a few days before christmas and so we are flying back to UK on thursday for the funeral and will be returning home on sunday. It is then my intention to restart with a vengance on monday 9th January doing total solution so back to no food; and I am actually looking forward to it as I know I have piled weight back on, but will not be weighing myself until the 9th. The kids have paid for us to stay in a nice hotel while in UK as none of them have room for us, so I am going to enjoy someone else cooking for me for a change.
I thought I should check in then people don't think I have fell off the face of the earth.
Puppy Biscuit will be one on 25th January; he is a real sweety but definately jealous of Puppy Lucy. He does have a tendency to dig holes tho which does not please my husband.
Puppy Lucy is now 12 weeks old and I think we have just about house trained her. I just hope that having to go into kennels for 4 days wont put her back, but there is nothing else we can do. She is a real madame and very feisty, she is the boss already, or so she thinks. But we are definately boss over both of them.

Anyway I will keep checking in and will start losing again next week.

Happy 2012 everyone, let's hope it's a slimmer year for us all. x

Sorry about your news FF, hope the funeral goes smoothly x
Our little pup is 12 weeks old tomorrow and she's really bosy too lol and like you say almost housetrained lol
Hope WI isn't too bad

Sorry to Hear about your mother in law hunni, Good Luck restarting today, i think weve all restarted within the last week. wont be long be for your back in the swing of things, hope the scales arnt to nasty to you today xxx

Well it all started again today!!!
I got on the scales and had gained, am not even thinking about how much I gained; I have changed all my stats to my current weight and am now thinking that I just need to be motivated and the weight will drop off again.

As usual I do better if I am busy; so we started the day with half a bar and black coffee, quick shower then off we went to pick up our pooches from the kennels. They went absolutely scatty when they saw us, so they were obviously happy we were back. We took them off for a walk round the lake which was fabulous as the sun was shining and no rain (thank god). When we got home we played with them in the garden for an hour and then all they wanted to do was sleep, YAY.
Me and hubby then dismantled our pc and desk (pc died before christmas and we decided not to replace it as we both have a laptop). We spent a good hour rearranging stuff and have now put a cupboard in the desks place to hold all my craft projects.
I actually forgot about lunch and so at dinner time I enjoyed a bowl of soup followed by a banana shake cooked in microwave to fool myself that it was banana pudding. I have been very cold today and so have been having boiled water with water flavouring in it, plus I have put a couple of hot water bottles in bed already to warm it up lol. Big softy that I am.
We were out again after dinner with the pups and they have now taken themselves off to bed and so I have actually got chance to come on here and update my diary.
I also still have half a bar to look forward to with a coffee and there's so much good stuff on tv later to look forward to.

yesterday was a good day, but today was a different matter.I was great this morning, went to craft morning and avoided all the chocolate biscuits. Came home and ate one of my soups. then went on a long walk with the pups and hubby thru the woods. when we came home I was very hungry and instead of drinking and drinking some more I started picking at all sorts. S o not a good day. Tomorrow is another day and I will make sure that I am drinking lots from morning til night.

I was up early and toileted the pups but because it was dark put them back to bed and am enjoying a coffee and half a bar in peace. I am off to market this morning and will meet up with a friend for coffee in the sports bar (our usual coffee haunt is shut in january). I intend to have a much better day today; I need to get the first 4/5 days under my belt then it will be plain sailing.

Sorry to hear your news FF.....hope all went as well as it could have done :0(

Glad your pups are keeping you busy though, I can imagine their little faces when you went to pick them up...!! Especially Biscuit after being rehomed so often, he prob thought here we go again! Bless him.....

Don't beat yourself up over your little slips at such a stressful time, you'll get back in the zone when you are good and ready

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya FF, i've only just found your new diary and caught up with events - sorry to hear about your loss, what a bad time of year too. Hoping you get going on the diet quickly and you have as much success as you did last time round, looking forward to keeping up with how you're doing x

As you know the first week is the hardest, keep glugging the water and you will be on the road in no time. xx

I am failing miserably at the moment. It's so cold and even wearing layers like an onion I can't seem to get warm and have been feeling cr**, so I think I will have the weekend off and try again on monday as we are set to have even colder weather over the weekend. The pups are doing really well and are adorable, so thats one good thing.

Monday is going to be my proper restart! My head needs to be on straight for me to do this diet and this last week I have just been playing at it. So time to start planning and preparing. wish me luck please, I need it at the moment plus support and encouragement

Come on FF you can do it!!!! Where are you???

Jx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi FF did you restart Monday as planned? Where are you?

I am hanging my head in shame and no I have still not got back on track. I know I am giving excuses, but both pups have had gastro-enteritis and have been quite poorly and both me and hubby have been run ragged with toileting, accidents, up in the night, washing, washing and more washing. It all started Saturday with lucy eating half a mouse she found. she vomited quite quickly but within an hour was very lethargic and had dreadful diarrhoea. We did the usual, starve her and give water only, but it was in one end and out of the other. Sunday she was brighter but still had the runs so I did as advised and gave her some plain boiled rice and chicken. Meanwhile Biscuit caught it as he is always licking Lucy's rear end. They both still had it monday, but not as much, so we thought we were getting over it until evening time. Then they were both really bad again and I was up all night with both of them. So we were off to the vets first thing and they had to have injections to stop the tummy pain, tablets to stop diarrhoea and tablets to protect their guts. I am pleased to say that this is the first day without any runny poos, but they are still only on tiny bits of food each hour.

Also a word of warning for dog owners, giving rice and chicken as everyone tells you to when your dog had diarrhoea; DON'T DO IT!!!! if you dog is not used to eating boiled rice and chicken, then such a drastic change in the dogs diet can make it worse! according to our vet. Instead give 10 pieces of their usual kibble feed each and every hour and increase each day by 5 pieces untill day 4 they should be taking their usual quantity of feed over a 24 hour period and then go back to the usual feed sizes and twice a day f that is their norm.

so excuses over, No I never got round to starting, but will plan again for monday when hopefully we will all be recovered. Some friends have just booked flights to come and see us at the beginning of march so I think that could be the big shove I need to get back on track. So watch this space x

Oh what a turnout. Glad you and the pups are OK now. Some catching up on your sleep is called for I think. Didn't think is was like you not to get back to it. Take care xx

Back