Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by unreal83, 20 September 2010 Social URL.

1. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hello all!

Well after a year away I am back! So excited to start Cambridge Diet today, have a lot of weight to lose because I have had a baby!

I am not sure if any of the CD'ers are around from when I was here before but Im quite used to cambridge diet and first did it in 2006, I love doing it and am so strict on it!

Am 14 stone 4 today, hoping to get down to 11 stone for Christmas.

Megan is 6 weeks old now, I am not BF and am fully recovered, I had the most amazing birth and had no complications, no stitches or anything so I am ready to get back on to the diet!

My CDC advised I had a small meal per day too (like add a meal) but I am going to go the first week and see how I do, I get weighed on 4th Oct first weigh in.

Nice to be back, hope everyone is well and doing good!

Lauren x

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dolly2

Dolly2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Welcome back Lauren.
    Congratulations on your baby girl. Wow you certainly seem to have been blessed with a stress free birth.
    I feel we may all be coming to you for advice regarding CD as you seem very strong and mentally in the "zone".
    I look forward to reading all about your mahoosive losses each week.
    Take care
    Dolly x

4. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thank you Dolly2!

I will never go on the diet unless I have prepared my mind for it, I set a date (have been thinking about today for the last 10 days or so) and dive in from there! I by no means find it easy, but the pain and misery I feel looking in the mirror at my fat thighs and dimply bum makes me think how much more important it is to be slim than cheat on this diet!

I hope that it is not too hard to do this and run around after Megan, but I can only try.

I will be happy to chat and try and give advice, I really enjoy the diet and love how I feel so detoxed.

x

5. mich1010

mich1010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(16.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet 810 plan
    Hi Lauren, congratulations on your beautiful baby girl x Just to say good luck starting back on CD. i totally know what you mean when you say you have to get in the 'zone' for this diet as it really is ALL or NOTHING for me aswell. i am starting again tomorrow, 3rd time round to get to goal and i am getting my mind ready for it as CD isnt easy in the 1st week at all so i have been preparing myself for whats ahead. Its strange but i am looking forward to the detox part of it and the good feeling of being in control...for once.

Good luck on your journey x x

6. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

hiya and welcome back! did you maintain in between your cd stints? did you find maintenance ok?

ps - your enthusiasm is really infectious!

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Welcome back Lauren, it is lovely to hear you had an easy time with Megan's birth.

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

[​IMG]

8. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thank you Mini.

My enthusiasm! I dont know where its come from today, I suppose I'm still elated about my gorgeous baby girl plus the thoughts of getting back into my skinny jeans at Christmas is enough to make me smile!

Maintenance - well last year I started up the gym and just watched what I ate, beween 2nd November and 17th December I stayed around 11stone/11stone 2 but by then I was 8 weeks pregnant (remember what I weighed at my 8 week apt) so I didnt do too bad. Just all went out the window in my pregnancy!

Inbetween the other stints, I wasnt so good, I was very complacent and ended up putting the weight back on which is why last year I started at the gym and had smaller portion sizes, it seemed to work for the while I was doing it. I really need to exercise, its the only thing that really keeps my weight down after cambridge, it just motivating myself as I hate it!

At the moment, I must add, I am in size 18 next jeans, I tried on size 20 (shock!!) jeans in M&S and they fit snug...I didnt buy them though, even though as my Mum says "its only a number!" I hate wearing the size 18s and I know I will look back and think I look mahoosive!

It is all definately worth it though, when I look at my baby girl x

9. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    Congrats on the birth of your baby girl and welcome back. Good luck with your weight loss. :)

10. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    welcome back , im postive you will do really well on this cd diet ! congrats on you baby girl . Good luck for the future !

11. Nally

Nally Full Member

Start Weight:
    31st9lb
    Current Weight:
    22st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st5lb(29.57%)
    Welcome back and congratulations on having a beautiful baby daughter. Good luck for your weight loss, remember we're all here if things get tough xxx

12. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I remember you!!!

My god that years gone quick!!!

Im back again too to lose weight i put on over summer!

You'll do great again xxxxxxx all the best

Your daughter looks gorge x

13. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

how you getting on?

14. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Lauren - congratulations on your gorgeous baby. She looks beautiful.

But, um...

I didn't think you were allowed to do the Cambridge Diet (certainly not SS anyway) until your baby's 3 months old. Has your doctor agreed that this is okay? Forgive me for poking my oar in and I know you said you felt great - but I'm kind of worried for you. This diet's hard enough at the best of times, let alone with a 7 week old baby.

Just wanted to, well... make sure you stay fit and well.

15. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi Lily

I never replied to your message, apologies.

I didnt complete it anyway - I lasted 3 days and just had enough, so you're right that I wasnt ready - and my body told me that. It was hard and I just decided to wait.

6 months on, and I'm ready again! Thank you for your concern and I never even knew you had to wait 3 months! xxxx

16. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Aw, good to have you back aboard hun. :) I reckon you'll have that excess weight off in no time now.

When are you going to get started - or have you already? :D

17. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thank you, feeling ready to go!

I'm starting tomorrow!

I do hope so.

Thanks! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.