I'm back

echoburning

21/M/Bolton
Hi everyone,

I've been away from Atkins for just over a month now. I thought i was doing ok and that I was maintaining.

I weighed myself on Wednesday and within less than a month I managed to put back on 1stone and 1lb!:eek:

This has shocked me into gear, i really let myself go and can't believe i managed to put that much weight back on in such a short space of time. In hindsight, the signs were there. The "new" clothes starting to be a bit tighter and my face not looking as slim as it did.

Well i'm back and have been on induction since Wednesday. I'm doing well so far with no hiccups apart from cravings for something sweet.

I've decided this time that I'm going to plan ahead. I've diaried in most of the social dates over the next month and know whether or not I'll be able to stick to Atkins strictly on those dates.

For example, its a religious festival on Wednesday and we'll be having a big family meal in the evening which will be mainly a carbfest. I've decided that I'm going to try and stick to protein and veg but will be a bit more relaxed about carbs.

I'll then be strict and back on induction the day after. I don't know if this will be helpful or a hindrance and will just get my cravings going again?

It's nice to be back and i look forward to sticking around successfully this time!

glad to see your back must of been one hell of a month lol

Thanks fisherman and Ladyfelsham.

LOL@ fisherman :p - honestly, i was astounded at the scale of the gain. Compared to what i used to eat it wasn't in that league, so i don't know whether it's true that the weight goes on quicker after a diet. But i'd be kidding myself if i didn't admit i was back on the chocolate, fizzy drinks and chips.

Ah well, it's taught me a valuable lesson at least.

PMSL Bren! Oh so true though. Welcome back Echo!

Hey mate welcome back, yes you are going to have to learn how to maintain. :D

Welcome back... it just shows how easily the evil carb puts our weight back on. x

welcome back - and yes i did the same put on over a stone in a couple of weeks. its those evil carbs!

Back