Im back

shinner12

Banned
So im back. This time im doing personal training and eating from a specific plan. One week has passed and i was down 8.5lbs. Feeling positive about this plan. Quitting is not an option!

Good luck
Hope it goes well for you
Of course everyone is here to keep you going if you ever hit a bump xxxx

laurenista said:
Good luck
Hope it goes well for you
Of course everyone is here to keep you going if you ever hit a bump xxxx

Thanks for replying. Have my second weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes well. What diet are you doing yourself?

I'm doing mindful eating and just being healthy really trying not to deprive myself as I can over eat if I think I'm dieting so to speak lol

Lauren xX

Hi Everyone
I'm new here so please tell me if I'm not following procedures correctly. I'd hate to upset anyone!!
I'm back on a healthy eating plan after losing a stone on Slimming World year before last and putting the weight back on again! I was surprised that it did take quite a while to go back on but I must admit to getting into the habit of eating all manner of highly calorific rubbish! I did go to the Slimming World meetings in 2010 (started when I was working in Cyprus for a month) but just used the SW diet as a guide rather than sticking to it rigidly. I've lost 1 whole pound after the first week! Hoped it would be more but it probably takes week or so to 'kick-in' (at least I hope it does!) My brother (retired chemist) saw a prog on healthy eating and apparently if a meal is liquidised it keeps you full for longer as it fills the stomach without any 'voids' (air pockets I suppose) Interesting eh? So, home-made soup at least three times a week for me! (can't stand the tinned stuff.)
Lyn x

Hey guys there was some problem with me logging in from my phone last week. Im here now so ill update you guys. Had a positive week last week and this week although i had food posioning for two days so that was unfortunate. As i said i lost 8.5 in week 1, well week 2 was a smaller number but in my mind anything is better than nothing... It was -1.5. Then week 3 commenced this week and i decided to be more creative with my plan so i bought a blender and a steamer and i make lovely healthy smoothies for breakfast. Also all greens are steamed as is chicken and my meat and the taste is gorg! Feeling much healthier as well. Myself and my mam also made up a huge batch of chicken soup so as its homemade i feel no guilt eating it because i know exactly whats in it. As the lady above said the liquidising of meals is a great idea so im gonna try that. This week was the first week i started the personal training part of my plan. Have to say it surprised me how unfit i actually am. Im still stiff and can barely make it up the stairs with the pain from my muscles but u just push on. Also got myself a fitness trampoline so ive been jumping around the living room going mad ha. Always gonna end my weekly summary posts with the quotes i found motivated me each week. My quotes of the week this week are; "I dont stop when im tired, I stop when im done." i chose this because it motivates me to keep going because its all for my benefit. The second quote is; "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." this quote reminds me that even if I think i cant do it or im scared i will fail, it is always better to get over your fears and try your best. Never let the thoughts of failure put a stop to you reaching your goals!
If anyone wants any of the meal ideas or recipes off my plan feel free to ask and ill post them up for you guys. Im gonna do week 3s weigh in in an hour or so. Will put up the results once i weigh. Anyone who wants to chat feel free to post or mail me. We're all in this together! :)

laurenista said:
I'm doing mindful eating and just being healthy really trying not to deprive myself as I can over eat if I think I'm dieting so to speak lol

Lauren xX

Thats a good idea because sometimes if you think its a diet you may not stick to it.

LynR6 said:
Hi Everyone
I'm new here so please tell me if I'm not following procedures correctly. I'd hate to upset anyone!!
I'm back on a healthy eating plan after losing a stone on Slimming World year before last and putting the weight back on again! I was surprised that it did take quite a while to go back on but I must admit to getting into the habit of eating all manner of highly calorific rubbish! I did go to the Slimming World meetings in 2010 (started when I was working in Cyprus for a month) but just used the SW diet as a guide rather than sticking to it rigidly. I've lost 1 whole pound after the first week! Hoped it would be more but it probably takes week or so to 'kick-in' (at least I hope it does!) My brother (retired chemist) saw a prog on healthy eating and apparently if a meal is liquidised it keeps you full for longer as it fills the stomach without any 'voids' (air pockets I suppose) Interesting eh? So, home-made soup at least three times a week for me! (can't stand the tinned stuff.)
Lyn x

Hi welcome to mini mins. Hope you're well. Slimming world is a good plan but u need to try and follow it properly. There is so much you can eat and the food is very tasty. Are you exercising at all? How have you been finding it this week

Hi Shinner. How is the personal training going? Has your body/ muscles got used to the aches and pains. I notice your bmi is 24 and your weight on your status looked great but then I noticed your new start weight in your posts. Well done on your week 1 weight loss! I think its amazing. Please can you post some of your meals/ recipes on here as could do with some ideas. All the best on your journey xoxo

Forever Starting Over said:
Hi Shinner. How is the personal training going? Has your body/ muscles got used to the aches and pains. I notice your bmi is 24 and your weight on your status looked great but then I noticed your new start weight in your posts. Well done on your week 1 weight loss! I think its amazing. Please can you post some of your meals/ recipes on here as could do with some ideas. All the best on your journey xoxo

Hey its going well. With my plan its a total of 7 weeks and 5 of those weeks are working out. Iv done 3 weeks now and my third weeks weigh in was a stay the same but im confident that i can better that next week. As ive only been doing the training a week my body is stiff and sore but im going to power through as itll all be worth it in the end.

My meals for this week were: bfast:
-1 cup mixed berries with 2 tbsps fat free natural yogurt and ice cubes/water blended as a smoothie.
-2 omega 3 eggs in an omlette with spinach and mushrooms
-coconut with coconut milk
-gojiberries with cottage cheese
-flaxseed pancakes

Will post the lunches when im home from work

Well heres an update guys... My trainer did a runner with my money after only 2 sessions so im joining slimming world tonight with a friend. Im just back from lanzarote so im dreading the scales! Fingers crossed its not too bad.

oasis6918 said:
Oh my god. Did you report the trainer? Good luck for wi, hopefully not as bad as not think x

Nope cause he was gone because it wasnt part of a gym :(. The weigh in was 14s 12.5lbs so im focused on getting it down for next week. slimming world will be my new best friend :)

So i weighed in last thursday for my week1 wi and im down 3.5lbs. Which puts me at 14s 9lbs.
Hopefully now on thursday ill be down at least another 2-3lbs. But im looking at slow and steady so that it stays off. How is everyone else doing?

Back