I'm coming back....

mags1x

mags
Hi everybody, I think I have stayed away long enough!

Hope all of you are well?

First I would like to thank you all for your so kind messages on my tragic news threads, and it was so thoughtful to start a sticky. I have read every single message and it really does mean a lot to know how many of you have had us in your thoughts and prayers.

Things are still up and down here, but its still early days. I manage well really and can be positive most of the time, but I just can't get my head around the fact my daughter doesn't have her Daddy. I can live with the rest (reluctantly of course) but I really struggle to think of her living her life without knowing him the way she would have. I still have various worries re money etc. Still don't know if my insurance company will pay out and have been looking into benefits etc. I have changed my car as I couldn't afford to keep it.

On the whole though I am coping pretty well, I have wonderful family and friends who have been absolutely wonderful.

I went back to work a week ago so thats helping keep my mind busy too, my work have also been incredible. Its heartwarming to know how many people care about what happens to me.

weightwise I am happy enough.... I lost 8 pounds in the first 3 weeks after Marc died, and I've put most of it back on, but I am happy with how I look. I am a size 10 and I don't feel any need to be smaller. I also feel in a way this is all for nothing as I wanted to share it with marc, but I know its much more to do with my health. I need good health now to cope with life ahead.

I feel quite ok most of the time, I try to be optimistic. I am very lucky I have my daughter, my friends and my family. I am only 31 and there is a whole other life out there waiting for me just as soon as I am ready for it, I may as well be healthy and fit for it!

Thanks again to all of you for being there for me in my hours of need, I'll be posting now in the hope you can help me keep my weight off. I didn't do management as I was just about to move on to it when this happened and I can't justify spending the money now as I don't know where I stand at the moment financially. I may buy myself a GI book, thats the recommended route isn't it?

love
Mags
x

Mags I'm so happy to see you back here and have been thinking a lot about you and your daughter. You sound so brave and so strong in your post.

I can fully understand you not going into management and yes a low GI is a recommended diet, I've read people posting that the Anthony Worrall Thompson one is a good book.

Stay strong xx

Cath

Hi Mags

Welcome back! If you do decide to go the GI way, good luck with it....

Stay Strong :hug99:

xxxx

wellcome back Mags.
your daughter will be proud to have such a strong mum
sending you love, huggs & support
xx:)

Oh Mags, so good to see you back and sounding positive. Hope the insurance pays out for you, it would be very cruel if they didnt. why are they hesitating? Sorry if im too nosey.
I dont know much about GI but sure there are plenty on here who do. Good luck with maintaining just the thought of it scares the hell out of me.

Welcome back Mags

Good to see you back Mags,
I admire you your strength and resilience too. With a role model like you, your daughter will grow up strong, and I have no doubt you'll do all in your power to remind her of her lovely dad over the coming years.
Good luck with the GI plan..... xxx

Welcome back Mags :hug99:

Welcome back Mags good to see you, hope you succeed in whichever eating plan you choose to do. xx

Welcome back Mags x

Just a note re maintenence, have a look at weight loss resources Weight Loss Resources

This website has helped me maintain for over 6 months now, the food planners and calorie counting helps me loads and I know when Im veering off track. They have a free 3 day trial too.

I hope you get your money worries out the way soon x

welcome back Mags big hugs for you and your daughter xxxx:grouphugg::grouphugg:

Glad you are back and your thread shows just how strong you are.

I am sure this is tough at differnt times, but feel sure your daughter, family & friends are so proud of you.

Take care of yourself,

Like everybody my thoughts are with you

Sam xx

Hi Mags, welcome back. You've been in my thoughts often... I can't express how much I admire you for your tenacity. You have been through so much and it's wonderful to have you back on the board.

Sending hugs to you and your darling girl.

xx

Hiya Mags!! :)

Welcome back and such as positive post is lovely to see and you are doing so well I take my hat off to you.

Mike

It's really lovely to see you back Mags.

I think your are doing really brilliantly.

Hugs to you and Hannah.

Dizzy x

Hi Mags

It's great to have you back here and sounding so strong and positive. You are amazing.
Love and hugs to you and your little girl

Jazzy x

Hi Mags,

So happy to see you back and sounding so positive. I admire your strength. We are here for you:hug99:

Big hugs to you and your daughter.

Love Mini xxx

fetch.dll

Hiya Mags,
lovely to see you posting :p I often wonder how you're getting on, so thanks for updating us...

As the others have said, remember we're all here for you with a listening ear....

Hugs for you and lil un,

Back