I'm coming off SS+

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Well, I came in tonight and weighed myself. I have put on 1lb since Wednesday. I tried to forget about it and made my tea, cottage cheese with lettuce and cucumber. Even threw 25g of cottage cheese in the bin from the tub:(. Anyway, ate my tea (didn't enjoy it:sigh:), but couldn't stop thinking about the 1lb gain. To console myself I ate a Twix. Anyway, I went than disgusted with myself so, I rang my CDC. She knew I was uncomfortable about going on SS+ so she told me to come off it.

The thing is, I don't really want to eat the SS+ food, I know I haven't always been 100% but I think I have managed OK. The food on SS+ is making me WANT more food, not through hunger but just becasue I am eating food so I WANT more - does that make sense?

She advised me to go come off it and go back to SS from tomorrow. I have only got 4 weeks to go now so should manage it ok (I hope) but I can't afford to start putting weight ON so near to my holidays.

i was speaking to my cdc on monday, and she echoed similar thoughts. i was questioning ss & ss+, and she said weight wise, there isnt much difference. but adviced against ss+ if i had very little will power (thats me! one bite turns into 3000...)

Do what you are comfortable with Mia and this is out of your comfort zone. Its a blip and i am sure judging by your weight loss and holiday incentive you will be back on track tomorrow and next week celebrating a good loss.

Good Luck Honey XXX

My cdc advised me to try ss+ this week as I felt I needed to eat. Unfortunately the scales haven't budged at all so I have decided to ss this weekend. It motivates me when the scales go down a tiny amount BUT I have enjoyed eating new flavours.
I fully understand your need to get to goal with ss. It won't be long now!

Mia - just wondering if the 1lb you put on ( so the scale say ) is water weight ? ... as most people put on 2-3 lbs during the day drinking it's only the water

i have been doing ss+ this week and i have found it really hard not to add more food after weighing everything out not sure why .. so i am sticking to ss only till i get to 24.9 bmi ,

you have done so well and seem to have a great cdc i really hope you have enough good wi to keep you on track before your holiday x

Aw Mia, was going to say exactly the same its all water drunk during the day.

Weigh yourself tomorrow morning, you are going onto SS anyway, just to see if it was water from today?

You have to do what you are comfortable with mind, so good luck for SS'ing your way to holiday!

You lot are all so supportive. I just don't feel comfortable on SS+. Yes, its great having food - but I am not really enjoying it and its making me want more food, and other types of food! So, for the next nearly 4 weeks I am going to stick 100% SS.

My CDC did LL and stayed on it 100 SS so does not really see a problem. I only went on SS+ to try and give my body a kick start. So I have had 3 SS+ meals (plus a twix :)) so that should be enough to shock the bugger lol.

My BMI is 26 now so I would like to stay SS until I get down to 22 / 23? See how it goes. Fingers crossed girlies - I am going to need it.

Tilly - your dress is lush and you look great in it. You've done so well x

Hey Mia,
Just wanted to say do what you feel comfortable with hon, its not worth doing something that doesnt suit otherwise you wont be able to stick with it.. Chin up hon and heres to a great loss this week xxx

Just wanted to echo what the others have said and say just do what suits you. I started SS+ this week and was really uncertain about it for the same reasons as you. So far I have been OK and enjoying it, but I can see how it isn't for everyone. It may be easier starting on SS+ from scratch as you and your body have nothing to compare it to. Good luck with those last few pounds, you have done so well.

Back