I'm giving up

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
I have been here altogether for years trying to lose weight and failing each time. I just can't do it any longer. I think I must just be destined to be fat.I have tried every diet out there.The only one that ever worked was this one but I am failing each time I try to get back on it now.I'm fed up of everything. My knees hurt,my blood pressure is high, my blood sugar is all over the place,I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror and yet I cannot stick to this for longer than a day :(I've been fat forever since I was 13 and I'm now 41.I haven't had a counsellor this time as I've been using up supplies I already had but tbh the last one I had was rubbish.I hate the way I look, I hate the way I feel...and I hate that I can't seem to change it :( I could write more but what's the point?I'm just useless.

i dont want to sound horrible but im 21 stone now as lost 9lb my first week i feel like that about myself ive been overweight all my life and if feeling that way about yourself doesnt motivate you then nothing will im sorry to say im on day 8 and still as strong as my first day and i no i will loose stone after stone because i am totally fed up with being as i am.. so its up to you at the end of the day if you want to get fatter and suffer more or do something with your life and loose the weight... yes i no how hard it can be i own a chip shop and have to work most days so tempted by food 24/7 just keep strong once you see the weight come of it will keep you motivated x

how many days in to CD are you?
That's the problem....I've been trying to restart since March....I got sabotaged by blood tests which I was not allowed to be in ketosis for and have been struggling ever since.So far I've had a million day 1's. I'm a comfort eater. I lost loads before on cd(I was under a different user name then-polishrose) but got pregnant with my last baby(number 6) and have failed ever since.Then my partner left me and I've had 2 short relationships since then but have been on my own since August last year.And I eat to cheer myself up.

i dont want to sound horrible but im 21 stone now as lost 9lb my first week i feel like that about myself ive been overweight all my life and if feeling that way about yourself doesnt motivate you then nothing will im sorry to say im on day 8 and still as strong as my first day and i no i will loose stone after stone because i am totally fed up with being as i am.. so its up to you at the end of the day if you want to get fatter and suffer more or do something with your life and loose the weight... yes i no how hard it can be i own a chip shop and have to work most days so tempted by food 24/7 just keep strong once you see the weight come of it will keep you motivated x
I lost 7 stone on cd last time...I just can't do it this time :(

That's the problem....I've been trying to restart since March....I got sabotaged by blood tests which I was not allowed to be in ketosis for and have been struggling ever since.So far I've had a million day 1's. I'm a comfort eater. I lost loads before on cd(I was under a different user name then-polishrose) but got pregnant with my last baby(number 6) and have failed ever since.Then my partner left me and I've had 2 short relationships since then but have been on my own since August last year.And I eat to cheer myself up.

sorry if this seems cruel but quite clearly it IS NOT cheering you up eating its making you more miserable , commit yourself to the plan and stop sabotaging yourself it realy is that simple.

you have to keep telling yourself you can do it.. feeling sorry for yourself is not going to make things better just think of your kids...i only have 1 daughter she is 2 now im 24 years and if i carry on the way i am she will grow up without a mom either because im dead or im to tierd embaressed to do anything with her... also want to do it for myself i hardly go out because i think people are staring ect... yes problems come into life but telling your self you cant get past day 1 is silly as you have lost 7 stone before...you either want to loose the weight or you dont x

Forget about the food deal with the real problems around why your sad, food is just a tool your using to hurt yourself, not make yourself feel better. Take one day at a time. Remember all the reasons your lucky to be alive, write them down memorise them, feel gratitude to the deepest part of you for what you have got not being sad about what you haven't got. It may seem like an impossible task now but practising 2 minutes a day of being greatful even when times are really tough and you feel like giving up can change how you see the world and therefore how you are in it. By fulfilling your emotional needs you will no longer feel in need of food to fill the hole.

Have you spoken to your doc huni? I was a comfort eater too, big style, and I know how hard those habits are to get out of. Maybe it would be easier for you to book an appointment with a new CDC? Then the thought of a weekly weigh in by her might give you extra willpower? I'm sorry to hear about your break up xxx

I have been here altogether for years trying to lose weight and failing each time. I just can't do it any longer. I think I must just be destined to be fat.I have tried every diet out there.The only one that ever worked was this one but I am failing each time I try to get back on it now.I'm fed up of everything. My knees hurt,my blood pressure is high, my blood sugar is all over the place,I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror and yet I cannot stick to this for longer than a day :(I've been fat forever since I was 13 and I'm now 41.I haven't had a counsellor this time as I've been using up supplies I already had but tbh the last one I had was rubbish.I hate the way I look, I hate the way I feel...and I hate that I can't seem to change it :( I could write more but what's the point?I'm just useless.

Oh and you are NOT useless, don't think like that huni. You have to realise that you can do this even when it seems impossible. Do you have a goal in mind, maybe just a stone down by such and such a date? xxx

Can I just say to you Slim2012 ? - I really genuinely admire you for coming on here and describing how you are honestly feeling. Far from being useless I think you are very brave and whether you feel it right now I imagine you do have a great strength within you so please please don't call yourself useless. I know this sounds funky but when I feel like this I put my favourite music on, a bit of lippy and I repeat in the mirror - I am beautiful, strong and I'm gonna rule the world. Say it enough and you will begin to believe just like telling yourself that you are useless all the time is at risk of becoming a truth to you in your mind. Free the inner you honey and take one day, even one hour at a time and celebrate each achievement how ever small it is. Good luck xx

Please don't give up! You only NEED to restart one more time then you "give up" to get to goal and be healthy x

I also think the word diet doesn't help, you think of food all the time then. Maybe just going back to basics or either trying one last time. If it doesn't work eat 3 healthy meals per day and try and do a little exercise, even if it's gardening it all helps. You need to start to like ur self again cause you are an emotional eater, like a lot of us, so until you are happy with ur current lifestyle you will keep going round in this vicious circle.

Think to urself I am doing this for me, don't you think you deserve to be happy and concentrate on looking after urself. Sometimes we have to be selfish and concentrate on what will make us happy, if being thinner and heathlier is the answer, you go and do it love cause no one can do if for u.

Think when you start losing the weight again ur confidence will return ur start to feel happy because you have achieved prob the hardest thing you have ever done in ur life. You won't need food as ur support anymore. Hope you can focus and get back on track. Good luck, it will be worth it.

I don't think anyone who starts a diet is useless at least we all know and are doing something about it ... I feel like this a lot but I just look at my baby n think he don't wanna be at school getting teased coz he has a fat mummy!! Get all te temptation out the house too!! The. U can't binge or comfort eat coz there's nothing there to do it with xxx

Well ok I'm back.I decided to try one last time, saw a new cdc-she's happy for me to use up what I've got at home as well as cd so have taken 14 packs to have this week and will use 14 of my own(my BMI is over 40 so I'm doing the special option called Red1 of 4 packs a day with a pint of milk as I didn't want to do the 810 which I would have otherwise had to do).I have updated my tickers and set new small goals so as not to think about the amount I have to lose in total and I'm going to flipping well stick to it. I can't remove all temptation from the house as I have 6 children, so lots of stuff in the house but I'm pretending it doesn't exist.Sa far so good, I've had a banana shake, lots of water and coffee and am currently having a bouillion.I don't get any support in real life from my family so I'm going to be relying on you.

Well done you Hun x sounds like you are going for it! I too feel like I a, starting over having had the worst two days ever :-(. I am not even going to try today have blown it already so tomorrow I am starting from scratch. I really need to sort me head out with regards to my relationship with food and how I use it. I feel like locking myself away and that is exactly what I am going to do, next weekend. I feel so bloated and horrible today, need to give myself a good talking to. I just live with my 10 yr old who spends half his time with his Dad so I am on my own a lot, no temptations but lots of emotions to deal with and I am a terrible emotional eater. I love this site to be able to talk about what is in my ind or getting me down, even knowing I am getting it off my chest but then someone always comes up with something nice, supportive and caring. so here's to us and a great slim future .....

Delighted to hear your going to give it a shot you deserve to be healthy and full of life :)

slim2012 said:
Well ok I'm back.I decided to try one last time, saw a new cdc-she's happy for me to use up what I've got at home as well as cd so have taken 14 packs to have this week and will use 14 of my own(my BMI is over 40 so I'm doing the special option called Red1 of 4 packs a day with a pint of milk as I didn't want to do the 810 which I would have otherwise had to do).I have updated my tickers and set new small goals so as not to think about the amount I have to lose in total and I'm going to flipping well stick to it. I can't remove all temptation from the house as I have 6 children, so lots of stuff in the house but I'm pretending it doesn't exist.Sa far so good, I've had a banana shake, lots of water and coffee and am currently having a bouillion.I don't get any support in real life from my family so I'm going to be relying on you.

I started on the red 1 7 weeks ago Hun and now I'm on SS and have been for last 2 weeks, nothing about u is useless u r a single parent with 6 kids there is nothing useless about that Hun u r amaaazing and u need an amazing body to go with it xxx

Hey there.

It sounds to me like you are neither bad sad or useless but that, like me and a million others, you are literally physically and emotionally addicted to carbohydrates, in particular, sugar.

This is so common in overweight people yet few realise they have this problem. It means you crave and crave, that you can't stick to any diet, that you get starving hungry and keep surrendering.. carb addiction pure and simple. Your body cannot metabolise sugars and starches 'efficiently' i.e. in a way that does not make you gain fat, and fast. And you are absolutely not alone in this.

My very best advice to you at least in the short term is to low carb. Never mind calorie counting for now. Try Atkins or similar and cut back very significantly on your carbohydrate intake. You don't have to be on a VLCD to gain the bliss of ketosis. It happens on Atkins too and without any level of calorie limitation or food avoidance.

Even if you are thinking no way, rubbish, believe me I once stood where you stand now and I was in despair for so many years. Discovering the principles and practice of low carbing saved me quite literally. PLEASE give it a try. Your cravings and never ending hunger will become mere memories and you will be able to eat lovely tasty regular food in moderate but satisfying amounts AND also lose weight.

Take care x

Hey there.

It sounds to me like you are neither bad sad or useless but that, like me and a million others, you are literally physically and emotionally addicted to carbohydrates, in particular, sugar.

This is so common in overweight people yet few realise they have this problem. It means you crave and crave, that you can't stick to any diet, that you get starving hungry and keep surrendering.. carb addiction pure and simple. Your body cannot metabolise sugars and starches 'efficiently' i.e. in a way that does not make you gain fat, and fast. And you are absolutely not alone in this.

My very best advice to you at least in the short term is to low carb. Never mind calorie counting for now. Try Atkins or similar and cut back very significantly on your carbohydrate intake. You don't have to be on a VLCD to gain the bliss of ketosis. It happens on Atkins too and without any level of calorie limitation or food avoidance.

Even if you are thinking no way, rubbish, believe me I once stood where you stand now and I was in despair for so many years. Discovering the principles and practice of low carbing saved me quite literally. PLEASE give it a try. Your cravings and never ending hunger will become mere memories and you will be able to eat lovely tasty regular food in moderate but satisfying amounts AND also lose weight.

Take care x
Calling someone bad , sad or useless is terrible you should be ashamed of yourself. this poor lady is struggling with her confidence and you call her names, give constructive advice without the cruel names in the future, or don't bother to post in the first place.

Back