• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I'm having major issues...female ones :(

Now i've read all your threads about periods, but i have the IUD and havent had a period since Jan 2006.

The reason i chose the IUD (marina version) is as i have a latex allergy (poooop), couldnt go on the pill cos of migranes, and i had terribly painfull heavy periods.

I've just come on:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm in tears, this isnt what i want at all. I'm ready to quit any second and i'm being told to see the doctor before doing CD again by my OH.
What do i do? I feel totally **** and i'm very unprepared if you catch my drift, had to run to the corner shop (in tears!!!).

A very sad Leah xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
hi i think its down to the diet i to have the mirena coil and i have periods whilst been on cambridge there not too bad but do tend to last longer than normal hope you feel better soon

did to have them before CD?
I'm so gutted

i did but only for a day or two now i m sorry to say they last a while longer my first one lasted nearly 3 weeks but it s a small price to pay for losing weight so quickly, i would say just see how it goes it might not be as bad as you think

SHAZA

Silver Member
Opposite for me ~ I havent had a period since May ~ not sure if on the change or if its the diet or what

Men are so lucky ~ no problems for them like this

Keep your pecker up Leah and stick to the diet no matter what ~ I feel for you, your hormones must be all over the place

Shaza

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
Poor you, I hope this helps.

Does the ‘Sole Source’ programme affect the menstrual cycle?
Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight – particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.
cambridge company history

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
S: 20st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 9st9lb(46.71%)
When I was on the mirena I had regular periods the whole way though. It doesn't mean it's not working, it's just that everyones body is different. Stick at it, it will get better, and its only a period, it will end and you'll soon get used to them again.