Writing this to keep motivation!

paigee

New to the Cambridge world.

Taken me three days to work out how to post a new thread here! Currently on Day Three but have been keeping a little diary on the side just to help me through it.

Here's the horrible bit:
Height: 5"6
Weight: 12.1

Day one

Finding it really easy!
Had a vanilla shake; which is okay- it tastes a little like uncooked cake mix obviously not as nice but hey, didn't expect it to be great.
Had a Cappuccino; which wasn't as strong as I would have liked so I added a teaspoon of coffee which made it much more bearable.
I then had chicken breast in fajita hot mix with green pepper, spring onion and mushrooms.
Then a chocolate shake for "pudding"- which is nice as far as the shakes go.

Day two

Had a strawberry milkshake which was nice, I added ice to this which was good!
Had mint chocolate shake in the afternoon which was absolutely DELICIOUS! I love this flavour.
I did plan to eat a prawn salad but when I got around to having it I thought it tasted funny so went without.
Had the leek and potato soup for dinner instead which was nice aswell. Very strong after taste though.

Day Three

Today was the hardest day so far. I was at work (Tesco) and all the food coming through my till killed me. The freshly baked bread that was still warm from the oven was the worst, and the freshly cooked hot chicken. It was literally torture.
Also due to the amount of water I'm having to drink I was off my till every 20 minutes for the loo.
Every single thing is making me cry also, beyond emotional. My bf mentioned I was being snappy and I burst into tears.
Worst of all I chose to sat through my family eating a roast beef dinner whilst I had my chicken breast and lettuce. It was awful. Won't be doing that again.

Been reading through people's diaries on here and it has given me motivation knowing that i'm not the only person going through this and hopefully I'll start feeling better soon!
Would love to hear from people!

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"- Kate Moss.

Well done in getting.through 3 days, it'll just get easier from here :)

It must be hard in a job surrounded by food but you'll see results so quickly that soon you won't be bothered by any of it :)

Good luck!

Hang in there :hug99: It will get easier. Believe it or not, food will stop bothering you eventually! How much are you hoping to lose?

Thank you everyone! Makes so much difference having people support and encourage you.
My goal weight is 10 stone 5 which will put me at a lovely BMI of 23.

It was so hard yesterday! All the tills are next to the customer cafe as well which means I was inhaling the smell of a fry up all morning and fish and chips all afternoon! It's difficult when all your family and friends and boyfriend can eat what they like and not put on a single pound, yet if you just smell the food you gain a stone. My boyfriend complains because he wants to weigh more. Arghh!
After I posted I went to bed and cried for a while feeling ultra sorry for myself. This morning i'm trying to get a new attitude on.

Had the apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast this morning and preparing some chicken in curry powder for this evenings meal- though what veggies to put with this?!

Thanks everyone, can't say how much it helps to have you encourage me!x

Good luck Ill help and support where I can I joined on the 29th Aug 2012, and had a few weeks off, now Im back fighting to get through my 2nd half of the weight I need to lose, I found the site and the people on her truly inspirational and such a great help, all the best on your CD journey you wont regret it !

DAY 5!

I'm getting there, feeling a little less hungry today though my breath is awful despite brushing my teeth about 3 times this morning.
Had a choc mint shake this morning and i'm going to have the potato and leek soup for dinner and my 200kcal meal (SS+) which I have LAMB QUORN - sounds interesting doesn't it and slightly too good to be true but cleared it with my CDC! Then i'll have a chocolate shake hot later!

Can anyone answer - will I go into ketosis on SS+ (having a 200kcal meal)?
xx

Tried the 'lamb qourn' - I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Tasted foul.
I've abandoned that and i'm going for a mushroom omelette in a little while I think.
FOLLOWED BY A YUMMY CHOC MINT SHAKE MMM.

Hi well done on getting through day 5! Shame the lamb quorn wasn't any good!!

You will def go into keotosis on SS+, I've done it since the start on CD and I'm in keotosis.

Good luck!

Thanks Rachel. How will I know when i'm in ketosis? I have read about the ketostix but not got any.
Day six then my first weigh in first thing in the morning on day seven.

I don't know how you've managed over two months. Real inspiration!xx

I've used the.sticks in the past but if you stick to it 100% you can pretty much guarantee you'll be keotosis. Other signs are little or no hunger pangs, bad breath and thirst!

The weeks have gone so quickly! I remember day 6 for me and it really doesn't seem that long ago, the time just flies!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, you'll get an excellent result I'm sure :)

I haven't eaten or drunk anything I shouldn't have. The only thing I'm worried about is that my CDC said I could have any dried spices on my food so I got a dried fajita flavouring kit and now i'm worried that I shouldn't have had that on my chicken (that I grilled).

I will be gutted if I don't lose a good amount and I'm worried it will make me lose motivation. Although The first three days were awful I feel as though i've got through the last two days too easily so feel like its too good to be true. Had two poached eggs for my dinner tonight because one bite of the lamb qourn and I felt sick. But after the eggs I was so full and bloated, they tasted so good it was almost as though they were bad for me.
xxx

Weigh in is thursday morning, sorry I wasn't clear on that.
Going for a walk tomorrow so will hopefully burn some more of this horrible chub off. xxx

I'm.sure you'll be in keotosis, not sure about the spice mix, you need to check as some have added sugar, try just using the plain dried ones, I've stuck mostly to tuna or prawn salads or the odd omelette/eggs. The first time I had boiled eggs since.starting I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Lol!

You'll have a brilliant loss, I'm sure. Its normal to feel fab after the first few days and it's another sign of keotosis. I've felt great since I got past the first few days so it's not too good to be true, stick with it and you'll get great results!

What plain dried spices d'ya mean?
My CDC said curry powder was fine so I've stuck to Tikka masala powder for the rest of the week. I only used the fajita on Day 1.
My eggs last night were to DIE FOR!! I even cooked them for a little to long so the egg yolk wasn't how I liked it but I still enjoyed it SOOO much.

What do you put in your omelettes?
I'm thinking of having half my chicken allowance and a poached egg tonight with some lettuce maybe.

Last night I had a dream that I cheated on Cambridge!! My dream consisted of literally stuffing my face with every fast fatty food going, Chinese, Indian, McDs, fish and chips. EVERYTHING.

ARGH. DAY SIX.
Had a 'hot chocolate' for breakfast this morning and about to go and have a mint shake I think and then another mint shake for after my chicken breast.

Was planning on going for a walk today but have been feeling very veryyyy dizzy. So took it easy and chilled out today.
Back to uni next week. WAH. HOW WILL I COPE WITHOUT MY PANINI AND LATTE FOR LUNCH.

Hi well done on.another 100% day! I meant just normal dry herbs and powders but sounds like thats what you are already doing so all good!

I've had dreams about eating too and theh love waking up and realising that I haven't! Lol!

You will do great when you are back at Uni, just keep that focus and know that it's not going to be forever :)

Thank you! As I said before it was hard today because I kept thinking if I just have some food this dizziness will go away! BUT I DIDNT, until dinner- but I stuck to my 200kcal.

I had a poached egg, half my chicken allowance with some lettuce and spring onions.

Haha it's bad isn't it, I wake up chewing sometimes convinced i'm eating!

Hope you are doing okay on your CD x

Back