I'm just not losing

Crunchy

Ok it's been nearly two weeks doing SW and I'm just not losing, I did lose 1.5lb but have gained it back this week. Where am I going wrong?

I'm doing green as an a veggie. I have had a lot of syns this week averaging about 11 each day, I've not had much free but lots of super free filling my plate with veg at least 1/2 my plate with steamed veg. I've eaten breakfasts. I've dog walked each day but that's it.

I came from a disordered background of starving and bingeing and have an underactive thyroid but am on meds for that.

Surely I should be seeing some movement down in my weight. What else can I do?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My advice would be to start by posting a daily food diary in the dairy section on here so people can see what you are eating and perhaps give some advice on what is happening. Or it may just be down to something as simple as hormonal changes.

My own feeling just from what you have said above is that you may not be eating enough as you admit that you have not been eating many free foods and also given what you have said about your background. If you are eating mostly superfree foods then your calorie intake may be too low.

Lastly I suggest you stop weighing weekly and move to monthly weigh-ins. You were all stressed out last week as well because you thought you had not lost and now the same this week so perhaps you need to step away from the scales for a bit, relax into the plan while following it properly, and try and look at the bigger picture. This roller coaster of emotion every week will not do you any favours in the weight loss game

Take care and don't feel too down.

I agree with the previous poster hunny, I think your calorie intake sounds too low. You need to eat the free foods to bump it up, especially if you're vegetarian and not getting the calories from meat. Increase the free food and I bet you'll start seeing losses xx

Thanks guys, I do need to relax and stop stepping on the scales! I think I have not been eating enough free foods, I have eaten loads of SF, but not much free. I will start inputting a diary on here to help. I am tempted to buy a 12 week countdown to make sure I commit to this for 12 weeks and give it a good shot! I know I ate more last week and lost 1.5lbs, I will try harder but relax at the same time! My background is starving and bingeing so I do go hungry but I am making myself eat regularly now!

I'd recommend the countdown. It worked for me. You have to book your holidays in when you pay so be sure to know if you're going to be away as you cannot change it once you've paid. As far as food is concerned, also you need to be sure you're having your healthy extras as well as the free food and if you are doing predominantly green days you are allowed two A's and two B's on those days. But also agree with what everyone else says. Re read your books and read all the stickies on here. There are also some good food diaries you can follow where people have been doing green days. It's great that you've been getting all the superfree in but you need to be sure that the composition of your meal incorporates enough of all the other food groups too so that you can meet your energy requirements. Then hopefully you will begin to see the numbers you want on the scales. Good luck :)

I would agree with everything which has been said to be honest. A good balance is essential, you will get so much help on here and a countdown is a good idea. And you get one week free (if on a 6 week) or 2 weeks free (if on 12 weeks). The commitment will help you to keep going to group. :)

Back