I'm new and have a quick question

reenel

I have just completed phase 1 of RC. I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks and really haven't found it as hard as I thought I would.
I have been reading Phase 2 and it says that calories not used on one day can be carried forward and used later that week. Does that include high fat treats? The reason I ask is it's my birthday next week so need to plan ahead. Will try and save some calories for a nice tea/meal but was wondering if I would be able to save my high fat treats so i can have a nice drink or two at the same time.

Welcome to RC and well done on your fantastic weight loss so far.

Carrying your extra calories over is particulary aimed at your high fat treat, so enjoy your birthday on your saved calories.

Hi there, and well done on your weight loss so far, thats a great result!
I normally save up 'spare' calories so that ican relax a bit over the weekend, which is when i always struggle. I have just carried on having 1200 calories during the week, so that come the weekend i can have a glass of wine or two without worrying while enjoying them!
Best of luck
Frankie xx

Unless you're over 50/60 I wouldn't advise continuing on 1200 calories a day just to allow yourself a glass of wine or two at the weekend. On the standard diet (after the first 2 weeks / month, depending on which you're doing) you can have a small glass of wine anyway, and I vaguely remember you can save these up so you could just abstain from drink during the week and then have up to 7 small glasses (that'd be about 3 normal size!) on the weekend.

I don't think having 1200 calories a day 5 days a week for a continuous period is good for you, not without doctor's say so. Usually because you can't guarantee getting all the nutrients your body needs. The diets like lipotrim I believe work on specially designed drinks that have everything squeezed into the 500 cals or so they have (just going by what I've seen on this forum, never looked into it myself).

Of course if you've spoken to your doctor or if you go to RC classes and spoken to the person in charge and they've said how you're doing it is fine then just ignore me :)

reenel - as Sarah said, just save your high fat treats and hey, just enjoy your birthday, you can always get on the bandwagon afterwards :) Have a drink for me too! mine's next week and well I won't be drinking ;)

Thanks for all your replies. I will definatley be saving my treats next week so I can have a few drinks with my birthday meal. Fingers crossed I don't cause too much damage ;)

Unless you're over 50/60 I wouldn't advise continuing on 1200 calories a day just to allow yourself a glass of wine or two at the weekend. On the standard diet (after the first 2 weeks / month, depending on which you're doing) you can have a small glass of wine anyway, and I vaguely remember you can save these up so you could just abstain from drink during the week and then have up to 7 small glasses (that'd be about 3 normal size!) on the weekend.

I don't think having 1200 calories a day 5 days a week for a continuous period is good for you, not without doctor's say so. Usually because you can't guarantee getting all the nutrients your body needs. The diets like lipotrim I believe work on specially designed drinks that have everything squeezed into the 500 cals or so they have (just going by what I've seen on this forum, never looked into it myself).

Of course if you've spoken to your doctor or if you go to RC classes and spoken to the person in charge and they've said how you're doing it is fine then just ignore me :)

*******my reply to this!!!!!!I get weighed every 2 weeks at my doctors surgery, for 2 weeks i did a food diary for them, and they are more than happy with my progress so far.I also saw a dietician as although my blood sugar tests were fine, my sister and mum have both been diagnosed as being diabetic so i went and had a chat with them for a bit of advice, again, they had to see a food diary and were happy enough with what i am doing!:D

12lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic. Well done.

I am considering trying RC Inch loss diet as i am currently doing sw and i am really struggling to get those lbs off!

hi & welcome ,thats fantast ic ,welldone ,Icarry saved cals over for a night out or treat

Back