Im new and trying to get my head around it all

Mrs JJ

Can you please explain to me the basic premise of this plan?

I would love to go to class or do on line but I can't afford it, so any advice for a newbie would be grateful

Can you please explain to me the basic premise of this plan?

I would love to go to class or do on line but I can't afford it, so any advice for a newbie would be grateful

Hey again :)
Basically all your fruit & veg are superfree foods, these should make up a 1/3 of your plate. Then you have your free food that is meat, fish, potatoes and ypur syn free foods. You cab have 1 healthy extra a which is for your calcium. This can be milk, cheese (30g full fat or 40g reduced fat). You also can have a healthy extra b which can be wholemeal bread, cereal bars, cereals. Then finally is your syns which u can have up to 15 a day x
These are the very basics but if you need me to go into more detail let me know x

Hi blades

That's great thank you I really appreciate your help x

No worries x I have this site as an app on my phone so on it regularly x

The first time I did slimming world I bought the books off ebay to get me started. ... or you could just go for the first week to learn all about it? a bit naughty but you will be set on the right track without the weekly commitment x

There's a great thread here that explains the plan from scratch for new members, it's very helpful.

It is very good, but doesn't go quite far enough:

* pasta must be dried. The refrigerated and/or filled kind is NOT free.
* fruit should be eaten fresh. If, for example, you bake an apple, it's got a syn value. If you eat it fresh, it's free.
* meat such as mince should be 5% or less fat. Cut off all visible fat from bacon, lunch meat, etc.
* check yogurt as just because it's fat-free is not enough. Some yogurt has high levels of sugar.

Hope that helps.

Back