I'm New Here And Need Support ...

Today has been a rubbish day. I had a bowl of Cheerios with semi skimmed milk for breakfast. For lunch I had a chicken tikka salad and for dinner I had two small baked potatoes with tuna mayo and red onion and salad. But drinks wise I've had two cans of Coke, a 500ml bottle of Fanta and a glass of Irn Bru :( not very good at all.
:(
xxx

You have to stop buying the sugary drinks, they are desperately high is sugar and calories. I know it can be hard to give them up but you have to, otherwise you are going to let a fizzy drink keep you overweight, are you going to let a fizzy drink do that to you?

I get paid at the weekend, so I am going to buy healthy food and drinks and snacks to help me along. My local supermarket do great prices for that flavoured water I like, so I will buy that instead. I think aswell I'm going to dedicate a wall in my room to my healthy eating and gym timetable and surround it with encouraging and inspirational quotes.
And even scarier, I think I am going to take a front view and side view photo of myself and get then printed and stick them on the wall too. Because I really do want to be slimmer and healthier. I know I can do it, I just have to believe in it!
:)
xxx

Yeah, your food is really good, but the drinks will have totally blasted your sugar and calorie intake out of the water ... What I like to think is to add up the calories and just think what I could have had instead of that.

This is why my fitness pal is such a good idea too because you'd have seen that the coke equated to about 55g of sugar (I'm allowed 23g a day) and probably wouldn't have had the rest of it!

But don't worry about it mate - we all have bad days and it's all about making slow and steady changes that you can stick to. :) it's a brand new day tomorrow!

I know. I'm going to clear a drawer in the fridge and freezer and just buy all my own food and drink. I'll have a look at some recipes on here aswell to see what tasty, healthy things I can make myself.
xxx

Hi Niks,

I will tell you what my PT said to me when I started a few weeks ago.

Sugar and Carbs are the most difficult habits to kick and work around, but they are the dieters worst enemy. If your sugar intake is high and you don't cut it down, you won't even begin to burn off the calories you have taken on, let alone any fat stores you are hoping to get rid of. Most dieters think they are doing well but when you look at the real content of what they are taking in, it's high in sugar/carbs and low in protein. The most weight loss under this type of diet comes from losing lean muscle mass over fat.

I don't mean to sound harsh - I was that person chomping on fruit salads, diet yoghurts etc and when I looked at my sugar in take it was through the roof. My allowance is now 20g per day with a little extra for fruit and veg, especially if taken on before a work out. It's hard to start with but now I am used to it, it's not so difficult. You really do need to cut out those drinks, what you eat is almost irrelevant when having that much sugar, you'd never burn it off for diet to make much of a difference. It's also likely that if that is a semi regular occurrence then you will see results really quickly so keep that in mind! I have given up on fizzy drinks completely because I know how tempting they are.

YOU CAN DO IT :D

No, you are not harsh at all. This is all the kind of advice, help and support I am looking for. Funnily enough, I don't want people to sugarcoat things for me. lol.
I think I can do the food thing alright. Cause I like meats, a good amount of vegetables and fruits. But I have always said fizzy drinks are my downfalls. But I want this. I want to be slimmed and healthier. And in my own vanity, I want people to look at me and be like, wow Nikki, you look good, well done!
xxx

How did you get on today Nikki?

Hello! Just jumping to the end to write a Juice/fizzypop idea (not sure if people have already said this) but i use frozen fruit in water. I especially like raspberries and strawberries. You can use fizzy water too and it just gives the water a light taste of the fruit without all the sugar/chemicals.

That being said i am sat here with a diet coke in my hand so perhaps there is no hope for me!? hehe

Today is like my fresh start :)
Breakfast I had Cheerios with semi skimmed milk.
Lunch I had a chicken tikka salad.
Dinner I had two eggs and two slice of brown bread toast :)
3 bottles of my flavoured water and a glass of orange juice.

And I even went to the gym and done a Super Circuits workout. :)
I am feeling proud and happy.
Long may it continue!
xxx

Good job! And double good job on getting to the gym!

Well done on getting to the gym! I really lie circuits, never feels too boring as it keeps changing. I really want to try body pump when I am back from holiday as I like weights.

Keep going :D

Today I have had Cheerios for breakfast.
Chicken tikka salad for lunch.
Noodles for dinner.
Two eggs and brown bread toast for supper.
Two bottles of flav water and 3 glasses of orange juice.

My legs are absolutely killing me from circuits yesterday. I can barely climb the stairs and I walk funny lol.
xxx

Sounds good!! As you said - no pain, no gain!

Be careful of orange juice too, that's also full of sugar!

Wow Niks88 you really mean it. Well done, I've just joined today and can't get enough of this site. I hope that this is now my addiction instead of snacking. I'm trying the EE option but can't believe that all I'm eating is free food. Remember that we didn't put the weight on in two minutes so it'll take a bit longer to come off. If I were to get to where I should be I'll need to lose 3 stones. I'm 13st 11 lbs at 5'5" I should be top weight of 10st 10lbs. I think that would be too low but if I could get to 11st 10lbs I'd be "over the moon". Ten years ago I was diagnosed with cancer and after all the treatment 11st 4 lbs was the lowest I got. I've got the all clear now so am starting to lose the extra lbs slowly I weighed in on Monday but up to now I think I'm doing ok.
Besneys x

Wow Besneys, your strength is inspiring :) I wish you well on your weight loss journey. I was perhaps thinking of joining Slimming World, my sister is doing it and has lost 9lbs in 2 weeks. :) so I may try that.
xxx

Wow Besneys, your strength is inspiring :) I wish you well on your weight loss journey. I was perhaps thinking of joining Slimming World, my sister is doing it and has lost 9lbs in 2 weeks. :) so I may try that.
xxx

Back