I'm New Here And Need Support ...

Hello

Lots of luck to you - I agree with the others re the fizz, try and knock it on the head.

I wanted to add that if you're 5 ft 9 then 9 stone would be an insanely low weight for you. I'm 5 ft 4 and 9 stone 4 and I'm a fairly slim size 8 or 10. I'd say that at 5 ft 9 the minimum you should weigh is around 11 stone - give or take a few lbs. so please don't get disheartened thinking you've got to get to 9 stone or anything.

On the subject of fizzy drinks, what are people's thoughts on diet drinks? Should they be avoided too? They're supposed to be virtually calorie free but are there other effects?

Well done Niks for taking the bull by the horns - and it's great you've found this site. I found this site 4 years ago and it counselled me through a 3 stone weight loss. I've gained most of that again now so I'm back to do it again and I know I will!

You're doing so well. Every day you eat healthy and exercise is another victory. I have a little celebration in my head when I go to bed after a good day - it's like another battle won.

Fizzy drinks are the devils spawn really, the diet ones are probably the worst. Have a google- they contain ingredients such as aspartame which is thought to carcinogenic - but in the short term they do something crazy to your appetite and they hinder weight loss.

That's not a very scientific explanation but avoid if you can.

Yah! to you for going to the gym..I think that will only be when I am really struggling I don't mind swimming although I'm not too good at it but the gym is like another world to me. eek

The weekend has been totally crap. I've ate and drank for too much nonsense. This week starting I'm gonna go hard. I'm gonna take my gym stuff to work with me so I can go straight after. And then do a night class. And I'm gonna throw out all the junk food classed as mines. No more of my weight controlling me. I'm gonna take control!
:)
xxx

Back