I'm not fat, just the wrong height for my weight

Grannyweatherwax

I'm not fat, just the wrong height for my weight

If I was 8' 6" I'd be just right. I've been on every diet known to man, and some of my own invention and I've lost the weight, but piled it all back on again.
This time, I'm attacking it from a different direction. I'm changing the way I cook and what I cook, I'm walking more and generally changing to a healthier life style where weight loss is just a part of things. Having said that, I have set myself a goal of a stone off by Christmas.
I hope the friends I met on the Introduction thread and my story thread on the Creative Writing thread, find me over here because its kind of lonely in a new place isn't it?

RawrGirl found you, Granny! :)

Love your diary title!!!

Btw, you can add your diary link to your signature, then everyone can find it no matter where you post. :)

How do I link it in my signature Rawr? Old Granny only had a slate and piece of chalk when she was in school. This 'ere book larning be no good to man nor beast here in Whitlow on the Wold

From a regular computer or laptop (not a phone), copy this link (highlight and press Control C) http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/293941-im-not-fat-just-wrong-height-my-weight.html. Then click on settings (top right of screen), then click Edit Signature. Type in "I'm Not Fat, Just Wrong Weight For My Height" (or you could type "Granny's Diary", or whatever you wish). Then highlight what you typed, and click the hyperlink icon...it looks like a globe with a silver chain. It's under the font color icon (the big A). Once you click that icon, another window pops up, and you just paste your diary URL there by pressing Control V. The click OK, then click Save Signature.

RawrGirl will not have access to internet all weekend, so she will pop back in to see how you are doing Monday. Until then, have a wonderful weekend!

Just a pound off for me this week. I cut out the following and have it stuck on my fridge. I expect everyone else knows it, but it here it is to give me some incentive... after all, its only a pound.

One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]I had a cream cake last evening, a raspberry turnover and very nice it was too. I may be doing this all wrong, but my attitude to losing weight is, why set yourself impossible goals which increase the chances of you falling off the waggon? Why stick to a Spartan unrealistic regime which, if you have a little cheat, makes you feel such a failure that you give up and go back to your old ways?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I shall probably have another cake next week. If I gain a pound here and there, well it’s not the end of the world. So long as I don’t gorge, I’ll get there. Perhaps not as quickly at some, but its not a race in my case, just a lifestyle change[/FONT]
Today I'm having a little roast beef (not a fan of beef) dry roasted potatoes and parsnip and french beans. No gravy or Yorkshire again not a fan

Blimey! You shoul see the floods here in Whitlow on the Wold, we've had to bring the pig into the kitchen, his sty is nearly floating and not only that, our privy is backing up and the thatch is leaking

I wish these townies with book -learning would leave us simple country folks alone. Last week they told us we had to use public transport as much as possible to stop summat called global warming. Me and grand dad Weatherwax be law abiding so decided to go to market on the local bus. We got to the stop in plenty of time with our old sheep dog Meg and half a dozen sheep but the driver wouldn't let us on the bus.

RawrGirl's internet was down for 2 weeks. Long story (if you're interested she vents about it on her diary, lol). But I always thought of you!

If you want to temporarily change your password to something silly like 123456, RawrGirl can log on as you just long enough to post your diary link in your signature so others can find you. Then you can put your password back to whatever it normally is.

Is the 'Life in Whitlow on the Wold ' in blue on the left of my sig not working? I had it as 'my diary' and it had lots of hits but none of the old gang seemed to find it? Will check back in with you later

Back