I'm ready to start again , been in a dark place to long

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Hello there, well, I'm not new to this site but I have not been around in a long time . I feel very ready to change things for the better , my weight has crept up in the last 5 years from 185 pounds to 251 as of today . I'm noticing back problems and hip problems and my knees are bad too , and at 5ft1 to carry this weight its not good , and not good to look at either , I feel not having a full length mirror also has not helped , you only see the true you in changing rooms , which I did in the shop (yours) ho I was very down that day taking 4 pairs of trousers into the fitting room on a very hot day 3 weeks ago they have no air con either , I tried one pair on and they were size 22 , I looked in the mirror and it made me really think , how is it come to this ? Why can't I lose this weight ? I could not even try on the other trousers as the way I was feeling ....
I'm here today as I feel in a different mind set ..... why I don't know .... but I'm ready to tackle this , I have no golas in mind the only one now is I'm ready , so let's do this !! ... I hope my mindset will allow me to carry on and keep losing weight , so I can look in the mirror and feel good and not walk into (yours) I want to to be a normal shop for normal sized people

Best of luck. A positive mindset to make the change is a powerful tool. You can do this!

thank you Kiwichan . Yes the mind can be very strong when it gets a negative thought in it , so lets hope my mind can stay like it is today , felt different yesterday and today .... would love it to keep me going !
How are you finding CD ?

I have restarted again today and have a very similar story... 5ft 1 (snap), 17st (aaaagh), just hit size 22 (What the hell), knee problems, ankle problems and generally feeling crap.

I did Cambridge successfully a few years back so I know it works, but have spent the last 4 years trying to do it again unsuccessfully. I am in the right frame of mind, I am back to work on the 1st September so have 1 week to get rid of the summer weight I have put on (10lbs - who the hell puts on 10lbs in 5 weeks and it is not water weight).

10.30 am and so far so good, one mint choc shake down.

Good luck, hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

Chlo , , Yes its a horrible feeling knowing the weights going up and your mind is not strong enough to tackle the problem , until now for me anyway , maybe a change in weather has brought a change in mind ?
I just had a soup , it feels like winter , hope I don't get cold lol but worth the pain .
how much weight did you put on in the 4 years ?
Yes everyone welcome to join for the ride , I hope its not to bumpy for us ...
Yes I have tried over the years to do it myself with this diet and that but no joy at all , I am even at sw group but its not helping and I'm back here to Cambridge now using some old stock up and will ring a CDC next week .
How are you doing ?

It is going fine today (though it has only been a whole 6 hours since I started) which is good as usually I start craving everything from TV. I usually hit ketosis on day 3 or 4 so I just have to hold on in there.

In answer to your question I lost 6 stone and put back on 6 stone over the 4 years. I have just hit the peak again which is what has caused me to recognise I have to seriously do something as I am now at my heaviest weight. Totally my fault though, I just declined into my old eating habits, and spend years on a 'day before the diet' binge. It is seriously repulsive how much I can eat lately.

I tried Slimming World a few months ago, I actually liked what I was eating but didn't seem to get the losses whereas I know Cambridge works for me.

Right, I am off to watch the guy on YouTube for a bit of motivation while having a yummy shake (though I am not even being sarcastic I love the chocolate and choc mint shakes).

How are you doing?

Chlo
6 stone is a great loss . Work hard to fight and win the battle to lose it again .
Well I do feel hungry , I had the soup , but really wanted to eat say 40 mins ago .... blimey the mind can be strong when it wants too , I will have something in a min , look in the box lol , I will use up my left over and go see CDC , theres some good ones few towns away and I noticed theres a new one on the site , in my area . my ask to see her next week . Really want to have a bar but I have none.... I never do the rule of waiting for 2 weeks I just go for it and have the bars , as its better than beating yourself up lol .Love the orange bars mmmmmmmmmmm , I want one now lol .
yes you get to thinking I can't do this anymore but its not until your mindset can change to sort it out ....
Yes sw will be good if you only have say a stone to go as its slow , my sw where I go shes not very good , 12 wks have been paid for think theres 3 weeks left , shame really but found I was getting more cross as she was rubbish . How are you doing ? so choc mint shake , you like that one best hehe , how do you make your shakes I usaly use really cold water it goes thick then . what did you think to the vid ?

Its amazing how you can feel so different from one moment to the next its all about a DISTRACTION . I felt not in a good place just an hour ago I went on to watch Laurence Brown and my thinking is so different , god dealing with an evil thought at the time is so hard .... ok lets keep going , need to get this done

I eat the bars from the beginning as well if I want them, I just don't find they fill me as much as a shake, so tend to have them as my fourth meal as a treat. I love the Cranberry and Peanut, I don't overly do the malt style ones, though they are nice cut up and straight from the fridge in small chunks.

I do my shakes with very cold water and blended with ice, I have to have it really cold. I struggle with most of the flavours, I can only do chocolate, choc mint, and vanilla if I put coffee in it. The others all taste powdery to me (my taste buds, as everyone else seems fine with them). The first time I did Cambridge I could only eat chocolate tetras, that was all I had for 6 months :( This time I tried some of the powders and was ok with the chocs, though I have to blend for ages.

I find distraction is great, that is why I am on here a lot at the moment. I was supposed to start a few weeks ago but because it is the holidays I just kept caving as I wasn't busy. Once I am back at work it will be a lot easier. But I have to start this week as I won't get back into my work clothes for next week otherwise :(

Can't wait for tomorrow morning, I am a scale addict so will be hopping on first thing to see how much I have lost.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

scales , me too daily , I watched Laurence Brown he said do not do that , and you know I'm going to try not to do that . But yes seeing how much in the first week daily is great I always find that first , second , third , forth day great but after its stable no movement then I become to feel not so great .... I think I'm going to go without in my first week .
Trtras, I used to freeze for 4 hours and eat and it made me go off them . Bars I love them all , and putting them in the fridge felt like it lasted bit longer lol things we do .
Yes shakes with ice water is much thicker , ho so just a few choc ones well least its something , how about the porridge ?
I can't stomach the slim save .
Let me know how much you lose tomorrow , I had milk in my coffee today , feel cold and tired but I made it ..... as we say we never know what our minds can talk us into .... so distraction is the key !
Lets keep going :)

Its day 2 in the CD house, I made it , at one point I thought oh no I'm going to break that was about 2 hours after my first soup ... but I went on you tube and listen to Laurence Brown and felt in a better place , I'm wondering if he has a chat site ..... will be looking later . Also here is good too .
Yesterday I had 3 VLCd and milk in my drinks , soon I will cut down to 3 .... as I know in the past that this can slow my losses down .
I have a friend coming round shortly , and I hope to get out today maybe just get my daughter out for walk , shes 11 .
I woke today with that taste in my mouth thinking , no can't be to soon .... I have sticks but don't think it is yet .
I felt so tired last night but ready to wake early 6 AM ...... ho well bring it on
I'm thinking about when to weigh as numbers can really play mind games with me .... still got to think when to weigh .....
how is everyone doing ?

3lbs off this morning, I am happy with that. The target today is to up the water, I didn't do the full amount yesterday, and am always really bad at it.

Another motivation tool I am trying this week is to keep a tally of the number of days 100%, I know what I am like and once I get into it I won't want to ruin it and start again. I am on a short break for my birthday in October so want to be 100% until then. My idea of 100% sometimes includes an SS+ meal when I am really struggling.

In answer to your question I hate the porridge (eugh), annoying as I love real porridge so had hoped to eat this everyday. I also bought one of the rice puddings but haven't brought myself to try it yet as I am worried it will be as vile as the porridge (it is the consistency I don't like). I do get some savoury, I have done Lighterlife in the past and love their Shepherds Pie, I have some left so will have them every few days. When I run out I will go and visit the lady and just get some more. I mix and match a bit, I am planning on two Cambridge products, one LL shake for lunch (I find them less powdery when not using a blender), and one savoury. Works out quite well as my Cambridge Counsellor is quite happy for me to do this, and I get the things I like from both plans.

Glad to see we both made it through the first day, I always find if I can do day 1 I have more chance of doing the 4 days to ketosis as I don't want to go back. Enjoy your day, it is good to keep busy it will keep you more distracted. I am going to go into work and get some bits and bobs done, I just have to be careful the friend I am meeting doesn't plough me with biscuits like she usually does.

whoop whoop 3 down for you that's great . I stayed away , its been a daily weigh for years for me but not today , just have to try see if its the key ...
Me too I love lighterlife best but cant do full 100% as cost . I go into superdrug and buy mine that sell LL stuff in there now . they do free shipping on orders over I tnink ten pounds I think . I was going to get some bars .I could go into town later and get some , with LL its much lighter taste better . if it helps and you get 100% day go for it . I had the rice pudding , really was not sure and I think I made it wrong lol
Yes im also using up left overs so it was an exante soup today higher in kcals than any other VLCD .
The biscuit barrel , hide from her lol... or say couldn't eat another thing I'm stuffed lol
I find by day 6 I'm getting bored with water I may get an odd coke zero in . I drink a lot so I'm ok there .
100% yes , don't want to go back stay 100% makes you feel better when going to bed ..... a step closer . I'm off out now
enjoy your day

Day 2 100%... woo hoo. Though struggling more at the moment, I seem to be hungry a lot :( . I have just had a shake and I feel starving. 1lb off this morning. :)

How are things going for you?

Hey up Jackie, I'm back too. I'm on day 3 of SS. slight headache starting so off to bed in about half an hour or so. When you gunna restart? Xx

Good luck Chloe my day 3 today xx

I hit ketosis last night... day 3 :) , so get through today Minnie and you should be there. I am feeling great, the scales (yes still addicted to stepping on them every day) have been kind this morning, which really adds to the motivation. I am off to the cinema today so a bit worried I have to run through the pick a mix section before I get sidetracked.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 2 100%... woo hoo. Though struggling more at the moment, I seem to be hungry a lot :( . I have just had a shake and I feel starving. 1lb off this morning. :)

How are things going for you?
Me too starving been , I had 3 vlcds and salad chicken , maybe when the weight comes down will feel better as I have a lot to lose , I'm staying off the scales as it always ******* me up , it can either make me or break me .
Did you go on the scales and how much have you lost , I always found that day 4 was sts for days and then that would make me crumble too .
How you feeling for today ?

Hey Lynn , Welcome back , so your back in the CD house too , day 4 for you today then , I'm also day 4 .... how are you finding it ? did the headache last all night ? mine seem to be slight in the morning and odd taste in mouth . Im using old packs for now , will see a CDC soon . how much do you pay now for yours ? I'm on 3 VLCD and meal but not all the time the meal just feel hungry . maybe being bigger . so whats your plan this weekend, the rugby club ?

Back