I'm so mixed up

Hi Sass, you've had some fab advice so nothing more I can add really. Good luck with atkins, and please keep us updated with how you're getting on xx

Good luck sass.. At the end of the day it's whatever feels right with you, noone can argue that.

I feel that (for myself) i know that this isn't just about me getting to a healthy weight,and being done with it- and thinking about the food i can now eat again... I know that if i think like that i will end up being right where i started. big, obese, and unhappy. I can't eat like the fat girl i used to be when i finish.. I have to eat like all the people i see around me with healthy bodies, and that's going to take some sorting out in my head. I'm seeing a councelor other than my cdc and we've really gone in deep about where my comfort over eating started from. It has been quite a journey, and has taught me alot about myself. I feel now comming from a place of control and understanding of myself i can now see why i got so bog, and how not to go there ever again. It's just a thought, but i knew the reasonings for me ebing so overweight were not just lack of portion control.. councelling is a bit daunting at first, but for something that's going to help me in the long term maintaining is well worth it in my mind. Anyone else thought about it?

also good luck *Thistime* & *Imac*- you can do it!! Just imagine how amazing you will feel when you reach your goal.. To know that you alone got yourself there and that you have control over your body and mind! :D xxx

hey laurenrosalind - was thinking about counselling but got scared last minute. Whats it like?

Thanks for your comment laurenrosalind. You are so right. It so often feels like we just don't have control, doesn't it!

Laila, not wishing to reply for laurenrosalind, so I won't!! But... I did counselling a few years ago for something else in my life and it was fantastic. It really turned my situation around.

I am not in a position to do it now - for a variety of reasons but from my experience (which was not food/diet related), I would highly reccomend. Great it's working so well for you RL!

Back