I'm so tempted to switch from Lighterlife to Cambridge

caramelcherry

I believe I'm on my 8th week on LighterLife. Has anyone changed from LighterLife to the Cambridge diet?

I find lighterlife so expensive! and I'm finding money tight as I'm redecorating at the moment. I keep telling myself its worth the investment.

Can you still have 1 porridge, 2 soups and a bar on cambridge? (its what i have on lighterlife)

Has there anyone else that has made this switch? And what are your experiences?

x

hey hun i started with lighterlife in the past, its so pverpriced. If you think you can go a week and just have a weigh in on cambridge, also drop a shake a day then go for it.... its exactly the same principles either way but id say only switch if you kinow you can take the drop in shakes xx

I believe I'm on my 8th week on LighterLife. Has anyone changed from LighterLife to the Cambridge diet?

I find lighterlife so expensive! and I'm finding money tight as I'm redecorating at the moment. I keep telling myself its worth the investment.

Can you still have 1 porridge, 2 soups and a bar on cambridge? (its what i have on lighterlife)

Has there anyone else that has made this switch? And what are your experiences?

x
if you are over 5'8" you can still have same as your having now:)

Thanks for your responses yumymumy and cheekychick81!:)

I found the CBT in Lighterlife quite useful and make use of it. However, now im finding it a bit repetitive as its already been drummed into my head:p I think the CBT was definately useful to me at the beginning.

Unfortunately I'm only 5ft 3 so bit of a shorty.

I love the savory drinks on Lighterlife, does cambridge offer the same thing? If so, I definately could manage the drop in packs as I have to remind myself to take all 4.

My friend did lighterlife with same results as CD and it was costing her almost twice as much as I pay. She knows someone who had been invited to the Lighterlife factory and lo and behold CD products are coming off the same production lines so they are very similar. This is how i found out about Cambridge and a councillor who lives less than 5 mins away. Friend was having to travel over an hour round trip all adding to the costs.

Thanks for the info mollydog:)

Right that's it! I've decided, this is my last week on LighterLife. I'm guessing I won't need the doctors approval since my BMI is currently 36.3?

I'll be moving to this forum now:D

Sorry for all the questions but if I have 1 porridge a day, 1 bar and a soup, with water flavourings how much does that cost a week?

i dont know how it will work for you as you are already in ketosis arn't you? for begginers on cd we can only have the bars after 2 weeks on cd? xxx

oh and £35-£40ish a week

most counsellors sell at similar prices, mine charges £1.95 for bars and £1.70 for shakes and porridge. I have been on sole sole plus ( 2 shakes, 1 bar and 200 calorie meal) for 4 weeks and have lost 21 pounds.:D:D:D

it might be worth finding and meeting a CD counsellor first to discuss the details first before deciding for certain that you're going to change over.. yes, it's cheaper, and personally I'm loving CD.. but here are a few things worth checking out first:

-I think you do have to have the diet signed off with the GP, whatever weight you are, if you're wanting to do SS, whatever your weight is..

-like someone else said, normally, you can't have the bars for the first two weeks

-you're finding the CBT repetitive at the moment, but the more you go over the model, the more likely you'll get a chance to really turn to it when you're struggling.

-you might find the group support more helpful than you're noticing at this stage, and you might miss the level of involvement

..all that said, it might be a really good move for you.. I guess it's a case of working out what's best FOR YOU personally, with all the facts.. so worth having a chat with a CDC to get more of an idea...

whatever you decide to do.. Minimin's is fab, isnt it?? :) ..and here for both!! Vxx

Hey Hun

I'm a counsellor and just thought I'd add that on our next highest programme (sole source plus) you can actually have 4 foodpacks (or 3 and a small meal) instead of 3 as well as a small milk allowance. Just in case you did feel you needed the extra pack.

Bars aren't allowed for the first 2 weeks. And not everyone has to have the form signed by their GP, As your BMI is under 40, you will only need to get your form signed if you have any medical conditions or are on any medication.

Good luck and keep us updated.

:D xxx

i dont know how it will work for you as you are already in ketosis arn't you? for begginers on cd we can only have the bars after 2 weeks on cd? xxx

AHHH! No bars for 2 weeks?:eek: I can't live without the bars. I think that's nailed it in the bud for me moving to cambridge.

Well done kakafowler! Keep going :D

Enough, thats such a useful post thankyou. I'm still thinking it over and will chat to a CDC counselor but I think I'm leaning more towards staying with Lighterlife. I'm so fickle:p

Hey Hun

I'm a counsellor and just thought I'd add that on our next highest programme (sole source plus) you can actually have 4 foodpacks (or 3 and a small meal) instead of 3 as well as a small milk allowance. Just in case you did feel you needed the extra pack.

Bars aren't allowed for the first 2 weeks. And not everyone has to have the form signed by their GP, As your BMI is under 40, you will only need to get your form signed if you have any medical conditions or are on any medication.

Good luck and keep us updated.

:D xxx

Thanks for your post Stacie. That's really useful to know. I do plan to go on Cambridge eventually once I've lost my weight . I plan to maintain it by allowing myself half a stone extra weight before going back on a "diet". The three packs and a meal a day would be something I might go for. x

Surely OP would be allowed the bars as she is fully established in ketosis? It would be a transition from another VLCD to CD and as long as the transition was smooth ie. finishing off the LL milkshake on the Sunday and starting CD products on the Monday, I would think you would be allowed the bars as you're established into ketosis. Unless you're thinking of having a break from LL and intend to eat food for that duration before starting CD, then I would think you'd be allow the bars. I think a CDC will be able to clarify this though x

Also if you don't find the counselling on LL helpful and are intending to move to CD in the future, then I would say it would be a good opportunity to do so now. Not only would you save yourself some money, but you could easily work up the plans for maintenance rather than switching at the end from LL to CD x

Surely OP would be allowed the bars as she is fully established in ketosis? It would be a transition from another VLCD to CD and as long as the transition was smooth ie. finishing off the LL milkshake on the Sunday and starting CD products on the Monday, I would think you would be allowed the bars as you're established into ketosis. Unless you're thinking of having a break from LL and intend to eat food for that duration before starting CD, then I would think you'd be allow the bars. I think a CDC will be able to clarify this though x

Yes, I would 'allow' bars if someone was coming straight over from LL.

I moved from Lipotrim to CD and was allowed the bars and flavourings straight away as i was already in established ketosis. Good luck whatever you decide to do X

I've just spoken to a cambridge counsellor and she said that she would allow me to go onto bars.

I'm also covered for general counseling sessions on my health insurance
hmm decisions :rolleyes:

I did LL for 7 weeks last year and lost 2 stone. I had to come off it cos i broke my wrist.

After putting a stone back on i went to CD and i find it much better.

The bars are waaaaaaaayyyyyy nicer than on LL, you can buy the tetras (shakes already made up in a carton) to take to work with you and there is far more variety on the shakes.

My recent slow weight loss has nothing to do with CD but a lot to do with me struggling to stay on the wagon after such a long break. If you switch and stay in ketosis you will find it a breeze.

Good luck x

My counselor is so nice!! I feel guilty for wanting to switch :sigh:

Back