I'm sorry about this question but........

soule

How often do you have a poo? Sorry lol. Its just that i take husk tablets every day then every friday night i have 2 senna and i only pass a tiny amount on a sunday. I know i wont be doing my 2 a day pre CD but i'm sure i should be going more that this or perhaps not? Again sorry for such a lovely thread x x x x

once a week,but not very much! like rabbit droppings!! sorry for this

IVE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS 3 DAYS AND NO SHOW SO FAR BUT WAS THINKING SAME THING LOL:wave_cry:

I am going once every 3 days and they're like rabbit droppings. Cos I started to panic and wanted to take mild laxatives (senokot) I asked my CDC but she said this was normal and not to expect a movement everyday.

As long as you don't feel constipated I wouldn't be worried.I go a couple of times a week now

How often do you have a poo? Sorry lol. Its just that i take husk tablets every day then every friday night i have 2 senna and i only pass a tiny amount on a sunday. I know i wont be doing my 2 a day pre CD but i'm sure i should be going more that this or perhaps not? Again sorry for such a lovely thread x x x x

As long as you don't feel constipated I wouldn't be worried.I go a couple of times a week now

Ah constipation ! my favourite subject!!!

1. the frequency is not a problem, nor is the size.
2.It's the consistancy of the poo & ease with which it passes that is important.

If it is 'formed to firm' & slips out without straining then all is fine.

If you have to strain, sit there for ages & only pass a tiny hard rabbit pellet then things are not fine. This is when you should start adding:
-soluble firbre (=firbre '89)
-insoluble fibre (= psyllium)
-a stimulant laxative (eg senna, dulcolax etc)to get the system unclogged & allow your larger bulkier fibre-enhanced poos to travel down unimpeeded.
-if all else fails a glycerine suppository can be used.(purchase from the chemist)

these things should be added in the order I've typed.

Soya Bran
This is another magic ingredient that I discovered when I did S/S.
It is cheap,pleasant & I found it more effective than psyllium. holland & barratt sell it for 65p per bag.
HoweverI have to add that:
1. soya bran is not promoted by Cambridge.
2. it does contain some carbohydrate.(weight for weight it has more fibre & considerably less carbs than wheat bran. it is also nice c.f. wheat bran =yukky
3. it didn't tip me out of ketosis & I have at least one client who S/Ses on it successfully too.
4. part of my reason for posting this is to get more people to try it & report back to me their experiences. Particularly 1) efficacy 2)re ketosis.

PS if you think I'm obsessed with poo you should read about an academic physicin called Burkett who travelled round africa in the 1960' or 70's researcing into bowel problems. He studied faeces in many cultures & was one of the pioneers in promoting high fibre diets in the west.
He described the perfect stool as large,formed but soft. It has a blunt front end & thinner tail. There is considerable natural variation between people.

me: I'm an amateur by comparison. Also, unlike Prof Burkett I have no wish to examine real specimens.:eek:

It's one of the things I miss on this diet, my regular 'sit downs'. I used to go 3 times a day and used to go really well (I'm a bloke trying to be polite about this !!)

I go now about 2 or 3 times a week, I'm not constapated or hard and I don't strain but when I go it is not pleasent - not runny, not hard, but just a bit messy, sticky if you know what I mean. And of course not much of it>

It makes a mess of the pan too, sticking to the pan and leaving residue after flushing.

Thanks for this thread - I feel better already !!!

NMP

It was once a week sometimes every two...

I suffered from constipation for years! And I'm amazed and enjoying the fact that I've had none on CD!

I go less often (once every 5-6 days) and either it's round hard balls or firm depending on my water intake. But (Sorry, TMI coming! :D) it sinks to the bottom of the bend, like lead, and takes 2/3 flushes to clear!!!! :eek:

i am one of janes clients and i use soya bran
tastes much better in soups than that horrible psyllium did to me
also cant taste it in shakes
before i took it i was going less than once a week and i was pooping hard pebbles that bounced around the toilet bowl ricocheting off the sides as they popped out with such force

now i go every other day andits just normal poo! : )

While we're dealing with toilet issues ... I have a question :eek:

Does you pee smell funny on CD?? I'm on day 3 of a restart and my pee smells a bit funky :confused: Can't quite put my finger on what it smells of, but I'm hoping it's just the ketones or the fat coming out!! Never noticed it on either of my previous attempts!

Phew!!

**glugs another pint of water**

I thought perhaps I was starting to rot from the inside out or something!!!

xx

Ah constipation ! my favourite subject!!!

1. the frequency is not a problem, nor is the size.
2.It's the consistancy of the poo & ease with which it passes that is important.

If it is 'formed to firm' & slips out without straining then all is fine.

If you have to strain, sit there for ages & only pass a tiny hard rabbit pellet then things are not fine. This is when you should start adding:
-soluble firbre (=firbre '89)
-insoluble fibre (= psyllium)
-a stimulant laxative (eg senna, dulcolax etc)to get the system unclogged & allow your larger bulkier fibre-enhanced poos to travel down unimpeeded.
-if all else fails a glycerine suppository can be used.(purchase from the chemist)

these things should be added in the order I've typed.

Soya Bran
This is another magic ingredient that I discovered when I did S/S.
It is cheap,pleasant & I found it more effective than psyllium. holland & barratt sell it for 65p per bag.
HoweverI have to add that:
1. soya bran is not promoted by Cambridge.
2. it does contain some carbohydrate.(weight for weight it has more fibre & considerably less carbs than wheat bran. it is also nice c.f. wheat bran =yukky
3. it didn't tip me out of ketosis & I have at least one client who S/Ses on it successfully too.
4. part of my reason for posting this is to get more people to try it & report back to me their experiences. Particularly 1) efficacy 2)re ketosis.

PS if you think I'm obsessed with poo you should read about an academic physicin called Burkett who travelled round africa in the 1960' or 70's researcing into bowel problems. He studied faeces in many cultures & was one of the pioneers in promoting high fibre diets in the west.
He described the perfect stool as large,formed but soft. It has a blunt front end & thinner tail. There is considerable natural variation between people.

me: I'm an amateur by comparison. Also, unlike Prof Burkett I have no wish to examine real specimens.:eek:

Well this has made me feel a whole load (er not literally) better... I had upset tummy for 12 days when I started then was LUCKY if I went 1 x per week this then got less but on the day I went I would be on the loo ALL evening! I then started taking senna every other day - still nothing other than the 1 x per week. I've taken duclolax to 'shift' it initially and now have 1tspn husks in soup (cant stomach anymore as my soup turns into a giant slug type creature)... I've taken another 2 duclolax this evening as I'm at home tomorrow morning and wont take them again until next week (if necessary)...

Its easy to think that you should be going everyday - but everyones different and if you actually looked at the waste that 3 x CD packs probably make - there aint a lot there really....

Back