I'm sorry about this question but........

i am one of janes clients and i use soya bran
tastes much better in soups than that horrible psyllium did to me
also cant taste it in shakes
before i took it i was going less than once a week and i was pooping hard pebbles that bounced around the toilet bowl ricocheting off the sides as they popped out with such force

now i go every other day andits just normal poo! : )

Howdie slushy. now you've gone & spoiled everything by proving that I wasn't making it up! Hail to the good god soya!

While we're dealing with toilet issues ... I have a question :eek:

Does you pee smell funny on CD?? I'm on day 3 of a restart and my pee smells a bit funky :confused: Can't quite put my finger on what it smells of, but I'm hoping it's just the ketones or the fat coming out!! Never noticed it on either of my previous attempts!

Dobbie have you checked the colour as well? is it slightly green? (like that Portugese wine Vinho Verde....?: funny things ketones. Dancing is right- drink more water.

can i just add to Jane's excellent post - that the first thing to do should be to increase your water intake a little - water is needed to help with constipation, especially if you are taking husks or something. So, if you normally manage 2-3 litres a day up your water to 3-4; if you normally manage 3-4 up it to 4-5; if you normally do 4 - try 41/2 to 5.
psyllium is the weirdest stuff. Try putting a spoonful in some hot watt & watching the result.
It's one of the things I miss on this diet, my regular 'sit downs'. I used to go 3 times a day and used to go really well (I'm a bloke trying to be polite about this !!)

I go now about 2 or 3 times a week, I'm not constapated or hard and I don't strain but when I go it is not pleasent - not runny, not hard, but just a bit messy, sticky if you know what I mean. And of course not much of it>

It makes a mess of the pan too, sticking to the pan and leaving residue after flushing.
I know what you mean aboutsticking. I'd be tempted to suggest that soya bran might help, but then you'd think I've got shares in it or something.
Thanks for this thread - I feel better already !!!

bowel habit just by reading it? wow that's powerful medicine indeed.so the thread has improved your

NMP

It was once a week sometimes every two...
Hello Bunny. Did you feel bloated before a poo?Ps l think you might be my closest CDC colleague. I'm WR6 (Nr Marley) where are you? ,

I suffered from constipation for years! And I'm amazed and enjoying the fact that I've had none on CD!
There's always one that bucks the trend. Just consider yovrself lucky!

I go less often (once every 5-6 days) and either it's round hard balls or firm depending on my water intake. But (Sorry, TMI coming! :D) it sinks to the bottom of the bend, like lead, and takes 2/3 flushes to clear!!!! :eek:

Better than floaters anyday!!!

Well this has made me feel a whole load (er not literally) better... I had upset tummy for 12 days when I started then was LUCKY if I went 1 x per week this then got less but on the day I went I would be on the loo ALL evening! I then started taking senna every other day - still nothing other than the 1 x per week. I've taken duclolax to 'shift' it initially and now have 1tspn husks in soup (cant stomach anymore as my soup turns into a giant slug type creature)... I've taken another 2 duclolax this evening as I'm at home tomorrow morning and wont take them again until next week (if necessary)...

I know that ' 'slug '.well. It's easy to overdo the psyllium. l remember once it made my shake so slimy/gloopy that it wouldn't go down the plughole in the sink.
Its easy to think that you should be going everyday - but everyones different and if you actually looked at the waste that 3 x CD packs probably make - there aint a lot there really....
Quite!

Happy stools to you all!

Hmmm What a lovely thread.......that nice i thought i'd butt in. (Pun intented) :D

I went on Tues, which was a 'stick to the bowl' type and again today and this one was MASSIVE.......I think my 3lbs i lost today at weigh in was all down to that one poo!! :giggle:

Hmmm What a lovely thread.......that nice i thought i'd butt in. (Pun intented) :D

I went on Tues, which was a 'stick to the bowl' type and again today and this one was MASSIVE.......I think my 3lbs i lost today at weigh in was all down to that one poo!! :giggle:
well they do say' Better out than in!

my LLC reccomended dulcolax perles. They have worked a treat and I take a few whenever I havnt been for a few days and it tends to wake things up a bit! hehe xxxx

Yes my pee is slightly green!! I'm already drinking 10-12 pints of water a day so I guess I had better up it by a couple more. :rolleyes:

Interestingly though, i have tested everyday so far and still no pink on the ketostix?! But, I think I am in ketosis as I'm not hungry, have a manky mouth (furry tongue and metal taste) and weird pee. That can't be right? WTF is that about? :confused:

Thanks Dancing!! It's great to have the reassurance that a pink stick isn't the only sign of ketosis!
x

Poor dobbie!
I agree with dancing,you are almost certainly drinking so much that you are diluting the Ketones to below the sensitivity of the stix. ( remember they are designed for diabetics,who,when they get inot trouble can accumulate massive levels of ketones)
didn't know about the stix only detecting one type ( I bow To Deb G's greater knowledge) but was aware that there are a small number of similar molecules that result from the fat breakdown & which are known collectively as ketones.

Have you tried testing when you wake in the morning? this is when your urine is most concentrated. when I was experimenting I found I'd be on the 2nd or 3rd pink on waking, down to the 1st by midmorning & frequently negative by lunch time even though all I'd eaten was 1 or 1 1/2 shakes.
Now many people would call me sad doing this....My defense is that it was for scientific purposes.:rolleyes:

Hi all! This thread has cheered me up no end!!

I have flourescent wee, a metal furry tongue and I can't sit down ( no movement for 2 weeks now)!!

I have just returned from buying my 3 year old new shoes and the lady asked me 'would you like to sit down?' and when I said 'No thank you" she recoiled at my breath and I blirted out 'Ican't sit I'm constipated!' to my horror a male voice from behind me said 'Nice to meet you - I'm Frank'!! I'm laughing now but I so wanted to die!! Reading this has made me larf so much and telling you has made me feel a little less of an ar*e!!bb x

Oh no, poor you Bigley B!! How embarassing!! Glad you can see the funny side now thou ;):D

Thanks for the reply Jane, I only ever test for ketones in the morning 1st pee of the day and still nothing. Even tried not having any water past 7-8pm in a bid to strengthen up my pee!! Ho hum, guess I'll just have to be contented with all the other symptoms of ketosis!!

It's all very scientific - learning lots of new things on this thread over the last couple of days :D

I'm a natural panicker Dancing!! I faff terribly too, I couldn't believe I announced that I was constipated but I couldn't say my horrendous breath was down to ketosis incase anyone asked me what that was and I'm a twit with techie stuff too!! So I blirted it out and it seemed sooooo LOUD and in SLOW MOTION!!!! My OH loves it when I do things like that because it's so funny!!! (TO HIM!!)

haha I'm so glad the 'rabbit dropping' thing is normal! I was starting to get worried lol

LOL I'm so glad my thread about poo had so many responses. It is good to no we all share the same experiences when it comes to our number 2's x x x x

I'm surprised he doesn't insist that I dress like Norman blo*dy Wisdom!! Mr Grimsdale!!!!:D:D

are we showing our age here Bigley?

What was frank like ? & did you get his number?

I didn't turn around jane! Incase he looked like Jonny Depp!! I laughed so much after I read this thread that a couple of hours later I managed to GO myself!! So laughter really does heal all!!! (eventually!) Thank you Megmax for a stonking thread!! I'm off to buy a flat cap now!!!

I have fybrogel in the house, is this okay to take? I haven't taken anything as yet and do feel a "little clogged". Drinking sufficient water every day can be a bit of an issue for me too, so any advice on this subject will be taken on board; including all the stuff in this thread. Read page 1 and skipped to the end...... but I will go back and see if the answers lie in the poo-el of this thread. Cheers

Dear To Lose,

firstly , I just love your name!

Fybogel is fine. It contains psyllium in an effervescent carrier. Only the original flavour should be taken.The Orange flavour, of course,contains citric acid & should be avoided.

i went to holland and barratt today to buy some soya bran and they said they dont sell it? they only sold boxs of ultra soya bran which is a breakfast cereal? any ideas where else might stock it cheers emma

Hiya-does the soya bran have any calories in?And how much shold I se!

Refreshing to see there's no British 'reserve' on this thread!
My poor week bladder is weaker still with all the laffin'-Thank you all !!

Back