I'm starting CD this week and would like a support buddy or two!

Hi everyone - am on day 2 of SS... just just a beginner.... still finding it very hard and am quite hungry! Am drinking plenty of water - so hopgin something is happening - weigh in is Friday, day 6 of SS.... yikes! Have got to go away with work which is going to be hard, as will be staying in hotle.... I WILL RESIST!!!
big hugs x

Hi Mini,
Yeah day 2 is not too good, I am on day 4. I was feeling better by day 3. They say day 3 to 4 and you will go into ketosis and start feeling better. So you hang in there you will start to feel better.
I also have a 6 day weigh in as well so don't worry.

If your going away maybe best to get some tetra packs as they are all in a carton and you just have to drink with the straw that comes with it.

Keep me updated how you are doing.

Good luck xxx

Joz, that is absolutely fantastic 9lbs, you are a force to be reckoned with ! You deserve it as your support to everyone is always awesome. You don't realise quite what a rock you are to everyone.
Keep all the good work xxx

Aww thank you so much Foosey! I'm feeling a bit tired today and your support means sooo much! I'm so happy to here that your sticking to it and now into full ketosis!:553:
Witchy, I know how you feel about smelling bbqs...I'm surrounded by them too!lol Since you're at three weeks, the time is soon coming that the smell of BBQ won't even be an issue for you! So hang in there hunny bunny!:D
Welcome to the world of SS Mini Minx!:clap: I know you're finding it a little difficult right now, especially if you have to be in hotels. I've been taking the tetra briks with me when I'm out. I'm not sure how many you can have in a day so ask your CDC. The porridge travels well too and keeps you feeling full longer. If you stick with SS you'll be in ketosis soon (day 3-5) and it really will help with your hunger.
The main key to succeeding on SS is mind over matter. Staying as positive and determined as you possibly can makes all the difference in my humble opinion! I know from my last experience that this is not easy to do all the time especially when you're hungry.
When I'm feeling like that I just remind myself of two things:
1) SS is not a punishment, it's a choice I'm making.
2) I'm losing a lot of fat every single day that stay 100% SS.
This really keeps me in check and kills my desire to nibble especially at night -as I was a serious late night foodie picker.lol:D
Kisses and:grouphugg:,
Joz xx

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom.... Just what I need right now as feeling pretty pants....
Won't see CDC until Friday so will be making up soups and shakes in the hotel!!!! It's just the lunch time of the second day thats gonna be hard plus its a big family event I'm having to attend which means lots of food stalls.... how dare they!! LOL
There have been some fab loses and I hold onto those for my inspiration....
Right off for the veggie soup.....
Take care mini x x

Take care Mini and good luck and stay positive xxx

hi I am new to this - just finishing day 2 of CD SS - been reading loads and loads on here - stops me from eating LOL - and I am determined that come Christmas I will be in a size 12 dress not a size 22. I am also an internet freak so on line a fair bit in the evenings...I think with this thing we all have to help each other :)

Hey schindler - part of my job's online - so I'll probably see you in the evenings!!!
Take care mini x

I shall look out for you :)

Hey Schindler and welcome
Your on day 2 so nearly past the worst. It gets easier from about day 3 or 4. I am on day 4 and now feel good.
This forum is great, its has such friendly supportive people and some great tips.
Someone will always have an answer to any questions you may have.

Good luck on your CDing journey

Reactions: Joz
good to hear that - I chose this long weekend to start so that I would not feel s**(t at work and use that as an excuse to stop - given myself a nice quiet weekend - best possible chance of being able to do this - and I will. Thank you for welcome xxx

Wise choice starting on a long weekend. I had to go to work my first 2 days and felt cr*p.

I thought the same and decided to have an anti social BH on my own with soups and shakes!!! :D :D :D
Feeling pap this morning though.... here's hoping I start to feel full of energy by tomorrow! Have front and back lawn to cut - hey its sunny up here... which doesn't happen often!!
All the best ... we WILL fulfil all our dreams x x x

I thought the same and decided to have an anti social BH on my own with soups and shakes!!! :D :D :D
Feeling pap this morning though.... here's hoping I start to feel full of energy by tomorrow! Have front and back lawn to cut - hey its sunny up here... which doesn't happen often!!
All the best ... we WILL fulfil all our dreams x x x

You will feel ok soon, stay positive honey and come on here and post like mad xx

I meant to post my WI info here on Friday but I forgot. I'm still 100% SS. I had my first weigh-in Friday and I lost 9lbs! My CDC was very shocked I could lose that much because my bmi is under 30.

Joz,
9lbs in a week! :DThat is really great news hun, I am so happy to you and very proud. You have been doing so well and staying strong so it is great that you get to see the results so quickly. Keep it up, you really are an inspiration and have been so strong.
Many hugs to you,
Fenix x

Strange question - can you take antihistamines on SS?? I'm really suffering at the mo with allergies and need to take one....
mini x

Hi mini minx, I can not see a reason why you should not be able to take antihistamines while on SS. Is it in pill form or syrup? If it's not a sugar free syrup it could stall your ketosis otherwise it's fine. Check with your CDC or GP to be absolutely sure but I've take allergy meds when I was last on SS and had no problems. I hope this helps and you feel better soon! x

Aww thank you so much Fenix! I've sent you a mail BTW.:D

Thank you Joz - took one anyway as couldn't take anymore of the runny nose and sneezing!!! Feeling pretty rubbish, prob the lack of cals!!!
Take care mini x

Just had to voice this because I found it unbelievable…. :giggle:

Was sitting on the bus yesterday to go home, sat by the window at the back on the bus and was listening to music looking out the window. Suddenly, the smell of KFC filled all my senses, looked next to me, and the girl sitting there was tucking in to a KFC box of chips and deep fried chicken. The particularly nice part, was watching her licking her fingers after!:eatdrink023:

Just thought I would share this because I though it was so funny, that out of all the people on the bus she had to sit next to the one person who is living off 3 packets of powder a day, lol.:8855:

Hope you are all staying strong and doing well!!!

Remember everyone, to drink lots of water.

:grouphugg:

Hugs to all,
Fenix

Back