I'm starting CD this week and would like a support buddy or two!

Good going Renee, you've pretty much made it through your first day!Hurray!:D Try carrying a pint size glass of water or litre bottle around with you all day. Get in the habit of refilling it whenever it's empty.The water will also fill you up and keep your energy levels high.xx
You will make it to September because we will be here to support you through!!!xxx
I am in total empathy with you, being a mother is constant work. I couldn't imagine how hard it is having 3 children under 3...Whew girl you must be exhausted!I've been married with children since I was twenty(I'm in my 30s now) and have two children who are home schooled so I understand how stressful it is looking after children all day. I subconsciously was binge eating fattening food as a comfort and reward to myself but this only made me feel ugly and fat...unlovable.:( Now, Whenever I want to comfort and reward myself I buy makeup or go for a walk...anything but eat.

I am definately taking notes. I've been on this type of diet (SS) before with Lighter Life. I went 14 weeks without any food touching my lips. I know what I'm in for already but that was in 2007 and I'm sure I've forgotten loads of things. I just hope my CDC lets me start on Friday. Will I need my GP's signature before she gives me my FPs? I'll email her now and ask.
I hope Fenix had a good weigh in today!
I'll check my email. Look forwards to hearing from you!
Jozxx

Hello Reena & Joz,

Hope you are both doing well today.:bliss:

Reena, was speaking to my CDC today and she told me she had her gall bladder removed as well, which is what first got her on to the CD and healthy eating. It really makes a difference, even with my migraines, I found cutting out wheat and dairy really made them less frequent and less painful, they tend to be menstrual though so they aren't gone away completely.

I'm off now for nap, as am not feeling 100% :cry:, but I just wanted to check in to make sure my girls are doing good, and it sounds like we are all keeping strong.

Villarosie and Witchy, welcome to our buddy thread, wow, we are really growing, we should be big enough to take on the world soon, CD Power, okay, clearly the tablets I have taken to get rid of this migraine are kicking in so I am going to say bye for now until tomorrow before I really lose the plot. :grouphugg:

Keep strong ladies and chin up, we get closer to those bikini bodies every day!!!!

Fenix

PS: Weigh in went well, lost 2.2lbs (1kg), not as much as I wanted but I'm sure next week will be a better result if I sort myself out and do 100% CD! :whacky068:

Hi Witchy & Villarosie,
Welcome to CD love!:D
Witchy, How is your second week going so far?
Villarosie, don't worry if you can't begin CD next week. You're welcome to join in while you're waiting. Three months after giving birth sounds a little soon to start a VLCD. Your body maybe depleted from carrying your baby and you could easily become anemic. Are you breast feeding as well? I'm not trying to discourage you, I just worry about you because you are a new Mother and your body has just been through a lot. SS-ing can make you feel really tired, sick and depressed on it's own and with a new baby to look after on top of that...well I worry you make get overwhelmed. Obvisously it's your decision and we will support you in it. I personally think something like Celebrity slim or Slimfast would be better for you to try for another 3 months then move over to CD like I did because you can eat a lite low carb meal once a day and still lose up to a kilo a week without the negative side effect ss-ing can cause.
I hope my 2 cents don't offend you as I'm coming from a place of concern. As I saidbefore you're welcome here reguardless of what you decide to do. JozXX

Fenix,
I'm so sorry you don't feel well;( but I'm so happy your weigh in went well! I'll email you more in a bit!xx

Reena,
I got your email & emailed you back!xx

Hi everyone:wave_cry:

Feeling very subdued as I couldnt even get through day 1. Had an argument with DH last night and today he bought me flowers and chocolates which was lovely but the poor thing didnt realise I started today and so I went a bit mad. I dont feel that I should stop yet so have to do better tomorrow, wasted one shake today so I dunno. Want to see my CDC in a week and a half and I have to lose what I put on and more if possible, so thats more than 6lbs.

I know I have to stick to it tomorrow to have any hope, feel like Ive let you guys down and feel quite ashamed right now. Off to bed with my head hanging in shame. I hope you had a better day. Fenix, well done on your WI, that is sooo good, keep it up hunny!

Reena:sigh:

Dear Reena,
Please don't feel ashamed...just enjoy the chocolates today begin anew tomorrow.:)x

Welcome Debichap! How is your first week going?

Hi Joz,
Not good really. I did SS last year before my wedding. Lost 33lb and felt great. Have put it all back on so am really disheartened before I start. I started Saturday as I had some shakes in the house but went tonight for my first proper meeting and was appalled at my weight. She had my card from last year still and I felt so ashamed seeing how much I had lost before.
I know I did it before and can do it again but it feels much harder this time.
Thanks

Well, you've come to the right place, we're all SS re-starters (read my original post.) What are you finding the most difficult about it this time around?

There is this 2 hour time slot when I get in from work that all I want to do is eat. During the day I am fine and around 8.30pm I am fine. I am struggling to keep my mind off food then and not cheat

Hi Debi

I know what you mean, think everyone has this time slot and some point in the day when its so tough, feel like being locked in a room somewhere during the evenings lol, its so hard to resist, Im starting again today, yesterday was such a disaster so Im with you, lets be strong and do it! Im sure you're doing great, keep posting!

R

Oh yeah, my timeslot is from 4 - 7pm, I leave work at 5pm so it is so hard not to duck in to a shop to buy lots of bad things. I call this time my "hangtime", I'm kind of not sure where I am during these moments.

Reena am just writing you an email.

Oh yeah, my timeslot is from 4 - 7pm, I leave work at 5pm so it is so hard not to duck in to a shop to buy lots of bad things. I call this time my "hangtime", I'm kind of not sure where I am during these moments.

Reena am just writing you an email.

I'm not sure why but I just want to stuff my face right now :copon:. I've been doing okay recently so not sure why I feel this way. I don't think I am really hungry I think I just want to eat, so am going to drink 3 cups of green tea and hope for the best!!!!

Hope you are all doing well today!!!

Hello all,
I started on SS for the first time on Tuesday. I have to say i'm not finding it too bad at all.....long may that last! I'm really hoping to have a good loss for mu first week and can't wait for Monday to see if it's 'worked'!!
xx

Hey girls,
I've had internet problems all day so I couldn't drop in earlier. I see it's been a difficult day for some of us. I hope tomorrow is better as I will be joining you SS-ing. Everything went fine with my CDC...in fact she's awesome! Sleep well girls as tomorrow is another day to begin again!!
Kisses,
Joz

Hi girls!

Today has been a tough one for all of us I guess, kinda been ss+-ing as I went to CDC and decided that was best, till monday is the plan. Fenix, just mailed you back, think I need an early night, see you here tomorrow *hugs*

R x

Hi Reena,
Here's a Xtra *hug* for you! I think you're doing the right thing...I'll mail you tomorrow.
Joz x

Hey Joz

Bless you, thank you so much for your concern... you may be right as i suffer from anemia anyway and have had problems with infections after c section.
I am just soooo desperate to lose weight, feel so horrible after putting on 4 stone during pregnancy! my size 10 jeans seem years away!
I have lots of summer events coming up which involve dresses... so want a quick fix but know my health must come first i have been so poorly and dont want to go back there now im starting to feel better!

Will have a think over weekend and let you know!... how are you doing? hope all going ok, look forward to hearing about it.. take care and good luck!

Villa Rosie xxx

Hi Villa Rosie!

Thats certainly good advice from Joz, I feel the same, Ive had two csections, only a year apart and I knw how tough it can be so please take it easy. Thre is plenty of time to get the weight off, just enjoy this time with your baby, it passes so quickly!

Joz and Fenix, hope you're doing ok girls. Im determined to stick to SS today so been busy and trying to keep my mind off food. Kids have their jabs today and dreading it completely, plus I have a feeling if all doesnt go well Il probably eat something...aargh! Gotta be more positive. Joz, hope you're first day isnt too bad, let us kno how you're gettin on hun.

Lotsa hugs, R x

Back