I'm starting CD this week and would like a support buddy or two!

Hey girls,
How is everyone doing today? I'm on the SS wagon now and it's been good so far! I've just finished my first tetra brik...it tastes like evaporated milk!LOL:) I've also had two pints of water. I don't have a real appetite today anyway as I was a little piggie last night. I have no regrets about it either as it was my farewell to food party!:0 Since, I've been on CS, I was in mild ketosis anyway, so I've probably made things a little harder by doing that but whay the hay, you only live once!

Hi Fenix, I'm typing you a mail now, I'll be a while sending as so much to write about.xx

Hey Reena doll, How are you? You sound good today, I'm sooo glad. I'm sorry i was offline yesterday when I was needed most by everyone. I hope I haven't let you down. I'll mail you one later on tooxx

Hiya Villa Rosie, I'm so glad I didn't upset you, I just want you to be well and healthy, esp for your little angel. I actually aske my CDC about you yesterday- if it was alright that soon after a baby. She said she would put you on four shakes plus a low carb meal just to be sure you were getting enough calories.You need at least 1200 to 1500 calories a day.
I emphasize with you because I know how it feels. I put on 3st with my first child and I felt depressed about it. But then I remembered how blessed I was to have a healthy baby and that we both survived the birth. I had to have an emergency caesarian section because she was in distress.
Funny enough, when I stopped feeling depressed about my weight it came off on it's own without me dieting. I did breast feed her and take her out for hour long walks everyday but I wasn't doing those things to lose weight. I was just enjoying and caring for my baby. I was again my pre-pregnancy weight by her 1st birthday.
You have a lot of summer events but as a new Mother no one expects you to look skinny. Being a new Mom gives you a special kind of beauty & glow that is way better than just being skinny...remember that you've just created a new life which gives you Goddess status!
Joz xxx

Hi All,

I'm just checking in as well to say hi and see how you are all going.

Joz, it is great to have you with us :D, and can totally relate to the "last supper" you had last night, I did the same thing, there was a lot of chocolate and pizza involved, talk about carb heaven or hell depending on which way you look at it.

Talking about tetra briks, I just have to share my CD Frappuccino obsession for the moment. Mix half a banana tetra brik with half a packet banana powder, add 250ml water and 12 ice cubes and you have your very own CD Frapuccino. I swear they are so yummy and you can also use other flavours, I use half of each because it just makes it taste so yummy. I couldn't do it without my new blender though, which crushes ice and is brilliant, have only just discovered it's ice crushing talent though and if anyone needs one you can get them from Debenhams:
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_101623_602414_-1

I'm feeling okay today, I have written 17/07 on my right hand, which is the hand I eat with, and so whenever I think about food, I see my wedding date fitting and stay on track. I do feel good today, especially considering I went out with a friend at lunch and she ate her lunch in front of me and I felt fine about it, though it amazes me because no one did this before they new I was on this diet, a good reason why I have kept it to myself the second time around.

Joz, Reena, Witchy, Villarosie, Fairy78, Debichap :grouphugg:hope you are all doing well today and feeling strong, focused and ready for a great weekend, not weather wise maybe but at least health wise.

I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment, not sure why, but I'm enjoying the change as yesterday was a real struggle - might have something to do with the fact my fiancé picked up our wedding rings today!!!! Yay!!!!!

Well keep in touch all, let's all stick together and we can do anything.

Hugs,
Fenix

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can"
~Unknown~

Ladies, I have now reached 50 posts, feel free to send me a friend request for PMs. Have a good one.

Fenix

Same here, thanks for the request Fenix, accepted, mailed you and Joz :) Had a good day today, fingers crossed for tomorrow :D

Hi girls!
Here's a late night 1st day SS-ing update: I made it through first day 100% SS...but it was really hard between 5-7pm! I had tetra brik for breakfast, toffee & walnut mousse for lunch and CD-porridge for dinner. I was grumpy a lot of the second half of the day but I had a coffee around 5 and felt a lot happier for it! I drank 5 pint glasses of water -working on my 6th as I type!0
I was wondering if it's possible to have CD-porridge twice a day instead of the shakes??? The porridge is really filling and okay tasting.

I just want to say from my heart a special thank you to Fenix and Reena: I didn't have the support from you guys I don't know if I would have succeeded today. Thank you beautiful ones so much! I'm going to stop typing now before I cry all over my keyboard...:D
Big hugs
Joz xx

Aww Joz, you'll get me going next. You've been so supportive to me too, and I just wanna give you a great big real hug and tell you Im so proud of you. We're doing a tough diet and unless you do it yourself you just know how tough it gets. One of the reasons I cant be bothered to tell anyone and waste my energy trying to defend myself.
We are on track now, just gotta keep going, Im just dreading totm when I go off the rails almost every time! Have a great day girlies, fingers crossed for us all :grouphugg:

Hei girls!
How's your weekend going? I've been okay...very low in spirit, tired and very very hungry. I keep trying to remind myself that these feelings are a normal part of being on SS but I still really want real food! It doesn't help that I have to go cook dinner now...I really wish I could go off on my own for a week and just concentrate on getting through this difficult period...I despise the smell of food so much right now!!!:(
Jx

Good morning girls,
I hope everyone had a 100% SS weekend! I did despite my hunger. I'm feeling a lot better today...I got through yesterdays dreaded diet-madness! My CDC has suggested that I go on 4 packs a day because I'm over 5'8. She thought my calorie intake with three packs were too low but I wanted to try out 3 packs first. What a mistake! From now on my CDC's advice will be like Yoda to me!:D

Joz x

Hello Joz,

How are you? I hope that you got through the weekend okay. I was having a tough day yesterday as well, there is something about the rain outside that makes me want to snuggle up with unhealthy food. Also not helpful was the smell of pancakes that was running throughout my building due to the neighbours.

Hope you are staying strong hun, remember, we can definitely do this, you should be in ketosis by now as well so you are a little fat burning machine, keep up the good work, we will certainly be seeing results soon.

:party0038:

Hope to hear from you, hang in there and take care,

Hugs,
Fenix

Hi All,
Well it s great to hear you are all doing so well. I am not sadly. Managed 100% until today and have scoffed about 20 biscuits now. I feel so guilty and miserable. WHY DO I DO IT!!!!!!!!

I dont think i was in Ketosis but I definately am not now. Weigh in wednesday eve, I will be so upset if I havent lost.

You girls dont want to feel like me right now so stick to it xxxx dont give in xxxx

Debichap: "This is the CD police. Back away from the biscuit tin now and no one gets hurt!" lol:)XXX

Seriously, you're not going to gain pounds and pounds from today if you stop right now and begin again tomorrow. You've already done SS for over a week so be proud and definately don't give up on it! You're still a star in our eyes. Let's just put this little incident behind us and begin again! I totally believe in you so cheer up!:D Joz xxx

Hi All
Dont worry, debichap, I agree with what Joz said, just put it behind you and look forward. I felt like eating but spent a couple of hours in the garden and now everything hurts (had to take painkillers in the end) and the best thing is that it put my mind off food, but the weather report shows its gonna rain tomorrow so I gotta find something else to do, lol.

Feel really shattered now, and a bit crap... could do with one of these :grouphugg:

I cannot believe how stupid I can be. You probably guessed that I cheated. Went to Mum's house and had two pieces of toast with some topping thing that mum makes which is so tasty and i was so unecessary that I dont understand whats wrong with me. I have been so good yesterday and for four days Ive managed to stick to SS 100%, was so proud of myself ysterday for resisting after being so tired and now Ive blown it all.
Had this about half am and just got home (12.30pm) and tested pee and its still purple on the stick but I guess it will only show that Im outta ketosis tomorow right? Or could I have been lucky? Im determined to get back on track but whats the point if Im out of ketosis, aaaaaaaaargh!!!! Its so hard to get back in the 'zone'.
Just had to let that out, sorry, very very low right now
mad.gif
frown.gif

Darling Reena,
Take comfort in knowing that you have managed to SS 100% for four days, which means you can easily accomplish it again. Two pieces of toast will not put you back to square one, it wasn't like you ate the whole loaf! I've remembered something that could help: when type 2 diabetics they eat something that spikes up their blood sugar levels they know to drink plenty of water. I think it flushes out a lot of the carbs/sugar before it gets into their blood streams. My parents are both diabetics so I've seem them do this countless times.
Trying drinking at least 3 litres of water today and see if it helps you stay in ketosis or get back into ketosis really quickly. Let me know if it helps.

Please try not to get depressed as you know it's counter productive to your goals. You're doing great, most people fall of the wagon but successful people dust themselves off and get right back on. You are already successful just keep on keeping on! *BIG HUGS*
Joz xxxx

Joz, Im actually really choked up at reading your reply and need a good cry, just wanted to say thanks, you're very kind, just want today to be over :grouphugg: really appreciate what you've written! *off to find more tissues*:cry:

Hey Reena,
Are you feeling better today? Let me know how you are. I'm sending you, Fenix and Debichap lots and lots of hugs, love and big support!
Joz xxx

Hello Lovely Ladies,

How are you all today? I'm doing okay, made it through my first day yesterday of 100% SS, that is the first time that has happened, usually I find myself picking at protein in the evening but last night found that when I stopped and thought about it I wasn't actually hungry.

Am just about to go for my WI, not sure how I will do as we all know I have misbehaved a little this week:17729:, but even if it is half a pound that is gone that is still half a pound closer to my goal.

Sending you all lost of hugs, I hope that you are all staying strong.

Reena and Joz, let me know how you girls are doing, I haven't heard from you today and am missing my daily hello.

Many hugs to you all, :grouphugg:

Fenix

Hey Joz

Bless you, thank you so much for your concern... you may be right as i suffer from anemia anyway and have had problems with infections after c section.
I am just soooo desperate to lose weight, feel so horrible after putting on 4 stone during pregnancy! my size 10 jeans seem years away!
I have lots of summer events coming up which involve dresses... so want a quick fix but know my health must come first i have been so poorly and dont want to go back there now im starting to feel better!

Will have a think over weekend and let you know!... how are you doing? hope all going ok, look forward to hearing about it.. take care and good luck!

Villa Rosie xxx

Hiya villarose, I just wanted to say I really understand how you feel.. I put 5 stone on while pg with my daughter and, because I have been breastfeeding, I haven't been able to lose any weight (I seem to be one of the unlucky ones who doesn't lose weight while bf), I was desperate to lose weight but as it knocked my milk supply each time I've started on a diet I've had to wait.. Now she's weaning from me I'm going to start cd at the end of the month when she'll be over 12 months.. I must admit I think starting CD when your baby is only 3 months old is a little soon, it takes a long time for your body to recover from a pg, especially when you've had a section (I did too).. Hang on a couple of months or just take it slowly if you start a diet now!

Oh girls,
I forgot to mention that I saw my CDC yesterday to exchanged 5 packs of shakes for 5 packs of porridge. I'm so addicted to the CD-porridge! lol:) I know some people hate it but the Porridge is wonderful for people on SS because it's filling, takes away the desire for solid food and the other benefit is it keeps one regular.;)
Anyway, she scheduled my 1st WI for Friday. When are your next weigh-ins scheduled? I'm feeling so nervous about it because it took me so long to get into ketosis. I don't know how I will feel if I haven't lost a good amount after all this suffering.:D
Here's another:grouphugg:!
Joz xx

Hey everyone

Firstly can I just apologise to everyone for being such a snivelling mess yesterday, I was really upset and emotional so sorry for being so annoying. Fenix, have a good day hun and good luck for the wi, Im sure you will have lost a lot because you didnt go too over the top so dont worry ok?

Joz, thanks for the advice and support hun, it has really helped and sending you loads of hugs (must try that porridge!)

Im going to try to be good today and take each day as it comes, my wi is on monday!

:grouphugg:

Ps. Joz and Fenix - mail you in a lil while x

Back