Im still here ....

Where you hiding hun! :rolleyes:

Just a quicky :) .. am still here and im ok ......
Got my parents up visiting at the moment, they going home on monday afnoon so should be back .. have got some stuff to sort out to .. but i should be ok and around in the week xx

have a great wekend hope parents are well x x

Just a quick one .. Whilst my parents were visiting we got a phone call to say my gran was very poorly so we all set off back to cornwall at 9pm sunday evening, at 11.33 we recieved another call to say my gran had passed away :( .. we were an hour away from being with her.
Im feeling all over the place at the moment, I am back in Hamps but waiting for news of things that are going to happen over the next week :( sorry if i dont get to add to anyones diaries etc .....

aww Kirst i'm so sorry to hear that *big hugs*

take care of yourself hunny xxx

sorry about your sad news you take care, we are all thinking of you x x

Hi all .. thanks to those who have left me a message.

I just feel the need to talk a bit if thats ok,
My gran passed away at 11.33 on sunday evening, We were traveling down to cornwall ... my parents had been visiting when we got the call that evening so we set off straight away,
we made it to Bodmin when the phone rang :( .. we were only an hour away but we were to late ... I did feel a little comforted by the fact that her daughter was with her, that was until we arrived to see her only to be told that she had gone home earlier in the day! .. So my gran died with one of the carers with her .. :( i feel so so guilty, If i didnt live so far away we would have made it! If my parents wernt visiting me they would have been there with her! ...

Things have gone from bad to worse! my auntie doesnt speak to my dad (grans children) so everything we are finding out is coming from the funeral home ... we even had to find out where they had taken gran from the carer at the home! ... otherwise we wouldnt have known :( .. she has been taken to where the daughter lives! and not to a place in pz where she was born and lived all her 94 yrs!

I feel so frustrated! .. noone told my dad when the funeral people were going to the daughters to make arrangements we have completly been left in the dark.
My gran would not have wanted this, she would have wanted them both to pull together! :(
my auntie has boxed all of grans bits up and i dare say they will end up in a charity shop! ... i have asked for a teddy that gran had but i doubt i will get it :( why are people like this !

Hi all .. thanks to those who have left me a message.

I just feel the need to talk a bit if thats ok,
My gran passed away at 11.33 on sunday evening, We were traveling down to cornwall ... my parents had been visiting when we got the call that evening so we set off straight away,
we made it to Bodmin when the phone rang :( .. we were only an hour away but we were to late ... I did feel a little comforted by the fact that her daughter was with her, that was until we arrived to see her only to be told that she had gone home earlier in the day! .. So my gran died with one of the carers with her .. :( i feel so so guilty, If i didnt live so far away we would have made it! If my parents wernt visiting me they would have been there with her! ...

Things have gone from bad to worse! my auntie doesnt speak to my dad (grans children) so everything we are finding out is coming from the funeral home ... we even had to find out where they had taken gran from the carer at the home! ... otherwise we wouldnt have known :( .. she has been taken to where the daughter lives! and not to a place in pz where she was born and lived all her 94 yrs!

I feel so frustrated! .. noone told my dad when the funeral people were going to the daughters to make arrangements we have completly been left in the dark.
My gran would not have wanted this, she would have wanted them both to pull together! :(
my auntie has boxed all of grans bits up and i dare say they will end up in a charity shop! ... i have asked for a teddy that gran had but i doubt i will get it :( why are people like this !

Hi hun, I know exactly how you feel and I also know that no matter what people say to you it still isn't going to take away how your feeling, and the pain it causes knowing you were so close to being with your Nan at the end. My Dad passed away in March this year, only 53, he was in a care home too, although he had been unwell for some time we still wasn't prepared for what happened, and i don't think anyone ever is, we had a call on the Tuesday to say he had taken a turn for the worse and should get to him asap, i arrived at 11:30am, and with my family stayed with him until 11:45pm, he was just sleeping, even snoring at certain times, we asked the carers what they thought we should do, stay or go, and they said his breathing had stabilised and hadn't changed in hours so if we wanted to go home get a bit of sleep freshen up and come back early in the morning it would be ok, we didn't know what to do for the best, but in the end decided to leave as the home was only a 10 minute drive away, we arrived home at 11:55pm, we had a call at 12:05am to say he had taken yet another turn for the worse and we needed to get back there, we arrived at 12:13am, and was told that he had passed.... 12:10am... 3 minutes late.. You will never get over the fact that you missed them passing by such a small amount of time... and like i say i know that no one can make you feel any better about it, and it doesn't get easier... no matter how much people tell you it will!

My family have problems with my dad's side of the family... so much so that my so called aunt started a fight on my mom at my dad's funeral.. and pushed her into the car... It's just families for you, but what you've got to remember is that your nan like my dad will be looking down at you, proud of who you are and knowing that whatever other family members are doing, how ever wrong they are acting it's not your fault, you might be feeling guilty, but your nan will know that you didn't want her things to be boxed up so soon etc

Try to stay strong, and if you need anyone there are plenty of us on here to help you through :) take care xxx

So sorry to hear your news. What you are describing seems to happen in so many families. I think you have nothing to feel guilty about.

Big hugs

Irene xx

Hi Kirsty

I'm so sad to hear your news. My gran passed away a few weeks back, so I really feel for you.

Families ... we have had warring factions in ours and I will never truly understand it!! Can't somone speak to your aunty and ask her for her mums sake to have one day where everyone gets on?

I hope everything gets sorted in the end, and the funeral goes as well as it can.

Twigs
xx

I am sorry to hear your news, but please don't feel guilty. My dad passed away 5 years ago and I had been with him all day. Went home to get a change of clothes and to see to my family and had a phone call from the hospital to say Dad had passed. I truely believed that he waited until I had left the building so as to cause me less heartache. He was a thoughtfull man so in his passing he was no different.
Death and funerals can bring out the worse in people and I have experienced this first hand, greed, grief and unhappiness does make people act both stupidely and hurtfully. Approach your aunt, explain what you would like to remember your nan and if you treat her with kindness, I hope she will oblige your request. If she doesn't, forgive her and remember your nan with fondness.
I hope this time brings you all closer and if not, life is too short to deal with others that are too short sighted to take the hand of friendship when it is offered.
Take care, virtual hugs to you.

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news, I was abroad when my nan died so I totally understand your feelings, unfortunately sometimes things like this just tear families further apart and its awful that at a time like this your aunt can't put aside her feelings for the sake of your gran. Thinking of you at this sad time.

Hiya..
I am sorry to hear your very sad news and just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts,sending big big virtual :hug99: take care...xxx

Sorry to hear this Kirsty, I hope you can get though the priblems you're facing with your Aunt

take care

M

Ah that is sad news, thinking of you angel, keep strong xxx

Back