Immediate help needed!!

Medea

Is Irrepressible!! : )
Hi people!

I'm in a bit of a bother. My stomach and legs are hurting... and I know why! Basically should have got myself some of that fibreclear stuff when I started, but I didn't. Anyway my pharmacy is not open today so I went to boots instead and was recommended to get Fibresure. Now for all intense purposes its looks like it is pretty much the same as Fibreclear but I am worried that it may screw things up for me if I take it, but if i don't I will be in agony all day. It's made from 100% inulin (taken from the chicory plant) and nothing else. What do you think? Should I go for it?

Any help will be much appreciated! xxx

Oh and it dissolves in water and leaves no taste... apparently. So it looks like it does the same thing!

Can't say if it's the same thing, but I doubt very much your pharmacist would want you to spend the day in agony :hug99:

Not sure honey but I have read somewhere that there is a difference between the two and we are only supposed to take the one. What's wrong, I don't understand?

Basically my IBS is kicking right off due to the lack of fibre in my diet : (
And when it kicks off everything hurts! Just about to go shopping again so maybe I'll get the tablets that you got on Monday Gem- and hope it all goes away!

xxx

I couldn't spend the day in agony hun. I'd take it today and then check it out with LT tomorrow. Don't spend the day in pain. I've been there done that and its not fun.

My pharmacist suggested senacot as I pulled a face about fibre clear and he said it was fine to take instead - and its a fraction of the price

Do you want me to drop those tabs round now? Not a prob if you do hun

It is nearly the same; however has a few more cals than fibre clear...around 25 for fibre sure and 3 for fibre clear!..i wouldn't use it on a regular basis but once is fine
If you are in agaony and need to poo i would have a laxative too!

Thanks for the advice! :gen126:

I have decided not to take the Fibresure as I don't want it to in anyway mess up my first week (WI tomorrow). The pain has pretty much subsided atm so am not going to take anything- see this is what walking the dog and being a general busy bee will do for you! :D

So, the moral to this story is "Get some stuff to sort yourself out right at the very start, or suffer the consequences by day 7!!" :rotflmao:

Roll on tomorrow! (I'm sooo excited!)
xx

Glad you're feeling better woman. Can't wait for tomorrow, better bloody be more than 2lb this week or I'm strangling someone and you'll be stood closest to me lol xxx

Noooooo!!!! Not wickle Gemz trying to kill me! Can't you strangle the pharmacy lady- she will be stood directly opposite you- surely that's closer?!

Anyways, I'm feeling well good and upbeat about tomorrow. Even OH has noticed a difference- and we all know how observant he is! :D

Hehe! True. J hasn't said a thing but I think he's too scared to, like there's no right answer lol

Medea, glad to hear you are feeling better but if it flares up again then get some of Gem's tablets down you, a good clearout before your WI will help the loss and your IBS. I know my mum regularly takes Fibregel coz she is so poorly with hers if she doesn't.

Good luck for tomorrow.

x

Back