Implanon implant

debichap

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of weight gain since having the contraceptive implant? I lost 33lb last year and towards the end of my weight loss I had the implant fitted.
I have put all the weigh back on and although no longer on the CD I certainly wasn't eating to excess.
I had the implant taken out last week and started back on CD on Saturday, my doctor thinks the weight gain is linked to the implant?

Hello,

I have the implant implanon and i did experience weight gain. but I have to say my choice of eating wasn't exactly tip top either, far from it. I am losing weight on CD at the same rate as people who do not have the implant so for now I am letting it be because I really don't want mini me's runing around, I have 1 thats enough.
I would say that the implant would make you more hungry than usual but I wouldn't say that it was a sole cause of weight gain.

I think you are right about the hunger. I did try CD a couple of times earlier this year but found it so hard as I was so hungry.
Hopefully it will be easier now the implant is out.
Thanks

Back