Implanon implant

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by debichap, 13 May 2009 Social URL.

1. debichap

debichap Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.05%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Just wondered if anyone had any experience of weight gain since having the contraceptive implant? I lost 33lb last year and towards the end of my weight loss I had the implant fitted.
    I have put all the weigh back on and although no longer on the CD I certainly wasn't eating to excess.
    I had the implant taken out last week and started back on CD on Saturday, my doctor thinks the weight gain is linked to the implant?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs Scoffalot

Mrs Scoffalot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello,

I have the implant implanon and i did experience weight gain. but I have to say my choice of eating wasn't exactly tip top either, far from it. I am losing weight on CD at the same rate as people who do not have the implant so for now I am letting it be because I really don't want mini me's runing around, I have 1 thats enough.
    I would say that the implant would make you more hungry than usual but I wouldn't say that it was a sole cause of weight gain.

4. debichap

debichap Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.05%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I think you are right about the hunger. I did try CD a couple of times earlier this year but found it so hard as I was so hungry.
    Hopefully it will be easier now the implant is out.
    Thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.