imso's <insert witty title> diary

Evening Alpaca, Jim and Mightym

I've been doing Atkins 5 weeks now, the blood test was taken before i started the woe, i am due for a fasting blood test next week though. I don't know what my LDL/HDL levels were, only that they was ok.
I have read about low carb helping lower triglycerides but when it comes to your own health, its harder to take that leap of faith i guess. One thing everyone seems to agree on is the omega 3, so i will deff eat more salmon and flaxseed (and possible walnuts) plus i guess it will do no harm to have more olive oil instead of butter, etc... just to be on the safe side

I'll go and have a read of that link now mm, thanks :)

Hang in there - the data is very convincing if you read up. Well done getting bloods before starting - thats the bit of advice in the book i failed but would be interested in;) i do know my blood pressure has dropped significantly ..hope you see the benefits soon!

I'd like to get credit for getting my bloods done before starting but it was a routine health check that they give people over 40 and it just so happened to coincide with me starting atkins.... i wouldn't dare go to the docs and ask for a blood test because i was starting atkins lol

Oh but I did just that imso, As he'd been having go's at me for my weight and telling i was killing myself, when I suggested Atkins he made me have a full blood test, and then I had to go back every three months and be weighed and have a blood test. Thankfully, the weight was falling off me and the blood tests improved every time, I think this convinced him Atkins was good, at the end of the first year he was so happy with my blood test results and weight loss he just let me get on with it

Your doctor sounds very supportive Jim. I wonder if he now recommends Atkins to his patients :)

Todays dinner was lush, crispy pork stirfry.
ingredients were: left over pork, handful beansprouts, courgette strips, spring onion, mushroom, garlic, sesame oil

sam0269e.jpg

Looks wonderful - yummy:)

I always think after the meal that i should have photoed it - before i'm far too busy starting to eat;)
Xx

Looks yummy imso. I think he was only supportive when the results started coming in love :D

4 weeks today i go on holiday to America. I want to lose another 7lbs before then but am pretty much stalled at the moment (although people keep commenting they can see me losing weight). Anyway, I have decided i'm going to follow Atkins 1972 plan, up until my holiday at least.
Starting tomorrow, 1 week induction and i'm eating nothing that isn't on the list :)

Morning Imso, '72 was what I did, it's much stricter than later versions, how are you doing on inch loss though?

Good luck on the 72 version.. I am not too sure what is involved in that... but tempted to give it a go myself for the next few days to give myself a boost (Jim?)... I've also stalled, very annoying.

Hope it works for you :)

SD xx

Jim, inch loss is about 2 inches round my middle but that seemed to have happened in the first few weeks and nothing more since. A few people recently have commented my backside has shrunk, i didn't measure that though lol.
I think i need the strictness that you have to follow with this version. Since it is so strict though i'm wondering if you can you carry on with induction on this plan or do you have to stick to the one week?

Doris, thanks. I can pm you the link to the '72 plan, see what you think.

Well, i'm off to skeggy this weekend with friends and am planning to stick to plan as much as possible. i will be drinking spirits though, although i'll try not to drink too many :D

Imso, I did the strict induction for 6 months, but I had a lot to lose love

Thanks jim, i've decided to order the book off ebay. I've read the dandr copy but figure i really ought to read this one if following the plan... Although the weekend was a bit of a disaster :(
I did brilliantly food wise but didn't like the taste of vodka and soda water, so i ended up drinking wine... +2lb today!!!
Hopefully it is just water weight

Good news about my blood tests, i rang today for the results.
my triglycerides previously was 2.69, new tests show them as 0.97.
Health centre said no further action needs to be taken... Yay for Atkins :D

Great news - well done!

Morning imso :)

Morning Imso,

I doubt if the wine would put on 2lbs love, so I'd agree it's water weight love

Morning imso... I'm obsessed with the scales too! Lol ... Hope you have a good day :)

Back