Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

In between clothes sizes!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Hayleymoses93, 11 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Hayleymoses93

Hayleymoses93 Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went shopping on the weekend as now i've lost a stone all of my clothes are beginning to become very baggy i usually wear a size 14 but tried a 12 & they were quite figure hugging - so frustrating so im currenty stuck in my baggy clothes until im ready for a smaller size! anyone else had the same problem?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Same with me hun - 16's are very baggy and look silly on me but 14's are still just that bit too tight to look good.

I was talking about this with my C in group a couple of weeks ago and we decided to have a clothes swap this week - everyone brings in their clothes that are too big for them and we'll pay 50p per item which we buy and any money will go to a local charity. Quite a good way to get cheap clothes when you're inbetween sizes.

4. Hayleymoses93

Hayleymoses93 Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    it's a pain in the bum isn't it! I can't wait to be able to buy everything in a 12 especially fitted things! and that's a brilliant idea, a way of knowing your things are going to good use :)! hope it all goes well! x

5. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    There used to be a clothes swap thread on here somewhere-maybe worth a look :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. jessiemurf

jessiemurf Full Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    Im the same, lost 12lbs and all my size 16's are too big but 14's are still too tight :(

Im hoping a few more lb's will do the trick! I need a size 15 haha

7. littlemeercat

littlemeercat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(38.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Same for me as well. My size 16 summer skirts fall down to my hips instead of being on my waist and now look a bit silly. However size 14 skirts don't fit comfortably yet, although dresses look fine!

My winter coat that didn't fit last year fits perfectly now . . . . but by winter????? Think I'll need a new one.

Love the idea of swapping clothes at meetings and money goping to charity - I might suggest it on Tuesday

8. Clairebear1000

Clairebear1000 A determined Bear

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've just been shopping and said to my friend " I just can't wait to be able to go into New Look/Topshop etc and KNOW that size 12 jeans will fit without trying them on! :) X

9. welshchick

welshchick Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Snap! I'm between a 12 and 14. I went shopping yesterday and size 12 was too tight. So I've decided to save as much as I can and have planned a weekend away in September so should be able to treat myself! At least we're getting there :) x

10. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes Im in the same bracket .... size 16s are a little too big but some 14s are too tight but if u try and different shop, the 14s may fit ..... im also between shoe sizes.... i cant believe it ... ive always been a size 7 but now a 7 is huge and a 6 is a little snug and not many shops sell 6 1/2!!! Although i did buy a size 6 shoes in new look at the weekend and they fit lovely so i must have had fat feet?!?!?!? hahaha

Trish x

11. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know what you mean about the shoes Trish, I've always been a 6.5 so know how difficult it is to find them. Although I can usually find nice summer sandals in size 6 that fit.

I used to work with a woman years ago who lost 6 stone and she went from a size 9 in a shoe to a 6.5 :eek:

12. Laura1983

Laura1983 Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's worth checking out Asda, once I saw 'inbetween' size jeans in there - size 11, 13 etc! And a bargain too :D

13. Charmel

Charmel Full Member

Me too! 16s are starting to fall down but 14s are too tight... It's a happy frustration though :)

14. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My Mum treated me to a maxi dress,maxi skirt and top from matalan today. Maybe look for things like that with stretch so they'll last a few stones down. X

15. littlemeercat

littlemeercat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(38.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Just as a thought - Sainsbury's seems to be good for clothes for me at the moment. Even better, they're quite cheap so don't break the bank balance when they need to be replaced on a frequent basis.

16. Cherry-Blossom

Cherry-Blossom I CAN do this

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find New Look is usually brilliant for clothes being a bit larger size wise than topshop and the like,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.