in home daycare?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Weaver78, 23 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Weaver78

Weaver78 Full Member

I'm thinking of starting a small in-home daycare and I was curious to know if anyone has done or is doing this now? I live is the united states so there may be a difference in a few things but regardless I'd like your input. Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy0206

mandy0206 30 pounds to go

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(20.25%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    Yup. I started 8 months ago. What questions do u have ?

4. Weaver78

Weaver78 Full Member

Just the ups and downs, startup costs, things like that

5. mandy0206

mandy0206 30 pounds to go

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(20.25%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    Well I charge 25$ a day includes meals.
    I advertise everywhere n social networks.
    It'd hard getting started n for income it can b very good, but never secure!! U always need an extra child to watch as a back up with out including them in ur income ... For a back up.
    My biggest prob is make a contract w these moms.... Saying day to pay weekly or bi weekly do in advance and 10$ late fee every day late. Ppl will take advantage of u!!!! It happened all the time for me.
    Don't take on too many kids, parents like low ratio. I do arts n crafts story time show n tell. Keep it fun so parents r happy n kids.
    Make a list of questions to go over in interview u can Google them. Get to know the children show interaction as well. Remember u are competing w dozens of other moms in ur area u gotta show u r the best.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.