In it to win it

Emma D

Hi everyone!
Thought it was time for me to start my own diary! I've loved reading everyone's inspirational stories and the support on here is fantastic. We all have our demons to deal with, but knowing you are not alone in this 'fat fight' is so helpful. I've done exante 'properly' 3 times now and it's about time I was 4 times lucky!!
I'm so determined for about 5 weeks and then something comes along to ruin it....normally a social event!! Once off the wagon, I find it so hard to jump back on. This time will be different!
I'm now on day 5 and so far so good. I had horrible headaches on day 1 and 2, but now feel I'm in the zone and ready to smash it! I only do shakes as everything else really isn't for me....I have tried, honestly, but find everything else so hard to get down! I do feel there is enough variation in the shakes to keep me entertained though!
I'm looking forward to sharing my diary with you and if anyone wants to jump on the 'diet buddy' wagon....you are more than welcome...I'll need you!!
Emma x

Hi Emma, I'm also on day 5 of total solution.... first few days same as you, felt rough, headache, tired and hungry. Think I might be in ketosis today, feel less hungry and more energy. I'm kind of struggling with some of the shakes, as they smell funny and some taste awful. But I'm fine with the bars,I've ordered some meals aswell to try for variety.

So glad someone else has joined this group, reading the diaries really helps, good luck with your journey

Thank you Silvalady! Just watching hunger games then off to bed. I've had all my water today and ready for the weekend! Let me know how you get on with your weigh in. Looks like Monday is D day for us both! Have you done this before? X

Yes Monday is 1st weigh in, I've got to admit I've had a couple of sneaky weigh ins this week i couldent resist lol . I did Lipotrim 7yrs ago, lost 4st in 3mths, and once you've followed it so long your head gets into a place where you dont want food, so for the moment I'm not going to any social events because i don't want to mess this up, so I'm a real hermit atm. I'm the same as you in have to follow this 100% because once i fall off and I have in the past, a couple of years ago I struggle to start again. Every day turns into tomorrow and tomorrow then it's gone. But I'm so fed up of how I look and feel,no self confidence no get up and go so i have to do this for me and my kids... Let's post our weight losses on Monday to give us a boost.

Sounds like a plan! My day has gone well. I need to get on with my water intake though, but slowly glugging through it. I'm saying to myself that is doesn't matter about what I've done already, it's about today and then tomorrow I'll think the same! 2 more sleeps till weigh in!!!!
I'm same.....'Welcome to hermit land!'
Keep going!!
Emma

Weigh in tomorrow and can't believe how excited I am! Now got to survive a roast with the kids at my mum and dads. I know everyone says it, but my mum is an unbelievable cook and it's going to be hard!!!
Had 1l of water so far and the choc mint shake which is one of my favourites. Taking a honeycomb shake with me. Decided not to sit at the table while they are eating....I think this is best for me!
Hope everyone is digging on in there and recording some amazing weight losses!

Very happy bunny! Lost 10lbs so absolutely thrilled! Motivated to carry on. Back to work today and boy was it hard getting up this morn!!!

Congratulations on your big loss. The day you started your diary was my day 1 so nice to see people who are just a few days ahead. It's a shame you don't like the bars - I actually prefer them to the shakes!

I honestly have tried the whole 'exante menu' and cannot stomach anything apart from the shakes. I've tried to prepare things using advice from here, but no luck! I was actually sick after that Dahl pot!!! Anyway, I like the shakes and do find my favourites do change.....used to love the cherries one, but now banana is my go to shake!!
Good luck on your journey cf70....let me know how you get on!
Emma X

On day 2 , week 2 and all going well! Staff room was full of let over chocs and goodies today and although I did have a look, surprisingly I wasn't tempted! Still going strong with the shakes.
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with a query re caffeine. I'm drinking up to 5 cups of black coffee a day and wondering if there are any side effects/problems with drinking this much caffeine? I know on certain diets, caffeine is completely restricted and was wondering if anyone knows about the health benefits to cutting out caffeine? Any help would be really appreciated!
Hope everyone is doing well and remaining in the 'zone'
X

Can't believe it! Can't remember if I've had 3 shakes or 2????!!! Must be in the zone! Love that ketotis feeling!
All going well.

Well done! I did day 6 today and I am interested in finding out how much coffee is too much. I just just under a litre of black iced coffee (including ice) this morning and I regularly drink that throughout the day but I found today from about 4-7pm I felt seriously unwell - I had quite an active day and I felt like i had stomach cramps, cold sweats and very faint. My flatmate was a bit concerned so she made me have a small piece of plain salmon with some spinach (which I'm not concerned about ) but I did feel better immediately after. I can't work out if it was the coffee combined with lack of food or if I just let myself go too long between packs.

I started at 11'10 so interested in seeing what I lose as I have a bit less to loose. My weigh in is friday morning and I'll also take my measurements then.

Final thing - I absolutely hate the honeycomb shake...it's the first shake I've strongly disliked. Tried the chocolate orange bar today too and liked that so 100% on bars currently!

Yep, the coffee debate is interesting. Sorry to hear you haven't felt well! I think it's ok to have a bit of food like that, especially if it made you feel better! It's no good feeling crap!
I'm just interested about the coffee because most diets, especially detox ones want you to cut out caffeine completely and although weight loss is the major concern for me, I also want to try and be as healthy as possible! I've started cutting out any coffee drinking after 7pm and this has definitely helped. Before I was really struggling to get off to sleep.....I seemed to be wired and couldn't drift off. It's much better now though.
Let me know how your weigh goes on Friday. Good luck for a number your pleased with!!
Emma x

Actually forgot I'm catching a very early morning flight tomorrow so won't be able to weigh so thought I'd do it today which is day 6 - I was 6 lbs down which I'm pretty pleased with at my stage of weight loss (on the final 1.5-2 stone just tipping into a healthy BMI). Hopefully if I stick to plan today I would have seen another 1lb maybe drop so it would've been half a stone for the week.

But it shows it's working which is the main thing. Have a weekend away to Copenhagen with my sister but she is also eating low calorie so we have agreed to not be ridiculous and do lots of walking - no taxis or buses. We have supplies for breakfast and lunch but will eat dinner out although not excessively (it's so expensive there we couldn't afford to anyway!).

Actually forgot I'm catching a very early morning flight tomorrow so won't be able to weigh so thought I'd do it today which is day 6 - I was 6 lbs down which I'm pretty pleased with at my stage of weight loss (on the final 1.5-2 stone just tipping into a healthy BMI). Hopefully if I stick to plan today I would have seen another 1lb maybe drop so it would've been half a stone for the week.

But it shows it's working which is the main thing. Have a weekend away to Copenhagen with my sister but she is also eating low calorie so we have agreed to not be ridiculous and do lots of walking - no taxis or buses. We have supplies for breakfast and lunch but will eat dinner out although not excessively (it's so expensive there we couldn't afford to anyway!).

Have a good weekend away, just try and make sure your meals out are protein based, like steak and veg, that way you'll stay in ketosis.

Wow! 6lbs off is fab! Like you say, that's great at this stage! Have a lovely time in Copenhagen.....its gd you have someone with you who is in similar boat! I'm not sure at this stage I'd be strong enough...its like calories away or on holiday don't count.....much like spending holiday money!!!! Let's us know how you get on and good luck with making the right choices!!
Today I've struggled a bit....gurgling tummy and definitely craving something! Made kids their tea and had to plonk it on plate and go somewhere else! If I lived alone I'm sure this diet would be easier!!

Today so far:
2 litres of water, 3 coffees, 2 shakes- coconut and banana. Will have final shake around 7pm. Still feeling very positive and the cravings seem to have subsided. Am now going to try something I've just downloaded off sky.... 18 episodes of something called 'fit in 5'. Will have to double up in the bra department....cannot exercise in normal bra and hate just wearing sports bra!!.... I like to feel contained!!! Anyway, I'll let you know if it's worth downloading!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Back