In need of a SW buddy!

Hi Adam. :)
I'll happily buddy with you. I want to lose at least 10st from my start weight. Ideally 15st though. :)
What I do is always fill up on super free first and then free foods. I eat until I feel full so I don't want to snack. I normally have my syns either with my meal or the end of the day and it seems to have been working for me. :)
Making a food diary here and making sure you are 100% honest with everything you eat gets put on there will help. People can comment on your food diary and give you tips and pointers.
It's also worth reading other peoples food diaries for meal ideas. :D

With junk food I've tried to make recipes that either resemble or taste better than my favourite take-aways. I now no longer feel the need to order in a kebab, go to mcdonalds, or pop into KFC (there's a kfc next to my local asda and i smell it every time I go shopping. :( )

Hey Adam!

When I started out I thought I was going to slip up in the same areas you've said. I love pretty much everything bad, especially when stressed :rolleyes: I really didn't know how I was going to manage, but I've found if you tend to have lots of healthy foods around and less of the junk you're more likely to choose the healthier stuff. At least in theory, I still eat chocolate and biscuits etc, but try and use it in my syns for the day. And if you do eat something that goes outside your syns don't feel guilty, it happens to us all.

Like MelonCollie said, finding healthier versions of your favourite meals really helps! At least for me, I don't feel deprived if I'm still eating my favourite foods with a few small changes. And food diaries too are really helpful to keep track, and if you're unsure about anything people can always take a look at it for you.

Im happy to buddy up with you since I've still got a over 6 stone to lose and could definitely use the support too! :)

Jenny

buddy

Hi Adam

I started slimming world last night and my downfall is addiction to junkfood.... I have approx. 4 stone to lose.

Ill buddy with you and anyone else who wants to (you too Mellon - well done so far!!)... motivation is key.. we don't heal in isolation, we heal in community!!! ;o)

Tip is to keep eating until your full with the right foods so that you don't snack on junk... I am also writing down what I eat and am planning my days food.. to keep me on track.. working so far today.. ill be 100%.. well apart from chewing gum.. which I forgot had to be sinned... but at least I will know from here on in...

BEST OF LUCK!!! :eek:)

Sandy

I'd be happy to join too my downfall is definitely
Junk foods for
Comfort when I'm stressed at work or
Tired. I want to lose 5-6 stones :) x

I am rejoining tomorrow and would like to buddy up, I have around 4st 7lbs to loose and like others my downfall is junk food as well as having a few health problems that make things harder than they already are. I feel like I'm finally in the right place now to finally shed this weight.

Hi janie without boring you all had a nightmare w/end spending sat night at a&e with my youngest (bad eye) ended up at mcdonalds at 4.30a.m. Sunday had a buffet to prepare for my dad after only 2 hours sleep followed by a trip to eye hospital for emergency check up then off to my son's who had moved out that day to collect my daughter. Led to chip shop tea before going off to work for a full nightshift. Weigh day tomorrow but still expecting a loss have not let it get to me just draw the line and move on.
Well done on your loss bet you're pleased.

1lb at a time as long as it takes.

Hi Folks,

What about a buddy group? Seeing as we are all interested? The more minds the greater the outcome!! ...

No junk food in 2 days and no cravings so far.. (just in case anything strikes.. have an alpen fudge 3 1/2 syns on standby)

How is everyone else doing?

Well done ToBe. :D

If I have cravings I just have small bits and syn it. I freeze things that I know I will binge on so I can't binge on it. I just defrost what I am allowed. It works for me because I am lazy in my head and can't be bothered to defrost more, lol!

Today has been a good day for me. :) Walked the dogs in the morning (they haven't had morning walks because of the heat recently), had a yummy pasta salad for lunch and went to the shop to get stuff for a yummy 5 spice pork dinner. (I've not made this since being on SW so it will be interesting to see if I can still make it nicely with adapting the recipe.)

Also feeling happy because I didn't go over my syns yesterday. I had a friend over and had a drink, but I went for the strongest thing I could find (absinthe, was only 5.5 syns for a shot) and "watered" it down with coke. Lasted all night. :)

Hi janie without boring you all had a nightmare w/end spending sat night at a&e with my youngest (bad eye) ended up at mcdonalds at 4.30a.m. Sunday had a buffet to prepare for my dad after only 2 hours sleep followed by a trip to eye hospital for emergency check up then off to my son's who had moved out that day to collect my daughter. Led to chip shop tea before going off to work for a full nightshift. Weigh day tomorrow but still expecting a loss have not let it get to me just draw the line and move on.
Well done on your loss bet you're pleased.

My goodness sounds like you've been through the mill! Hope your youngest is ok now? I'm sure you'll do fine and will see a result know the scales. Sometimes life just throws us a feel curve balls and it's fab you're staying positive

I'm loving this group, just what I'm looking for. I've been going to SW for 7 weeks now and going up and down with the weight. My biggest problem is the weekends, i get so fed up with all the cooking, shopping and cleaning and just start looking for a quick fix. Trying a new tact this weekend though, I've made mullerlight ice cream and the slow cooker is out for tomorrows dinner..
Reading all the posts on the forum has kept me busy so not thinking about what I can eat next.
I'm feeling strong today and planning o taking it one day at a time.

I'm loving this group, just what I'm looking for. I've been going to SW for 7 weeks now and going up and down with the weight. My biggest problem is the weekends, i get so fed up with all the cooking, shopping and cleaning and just start looking for a quick fix. Trying a new tact this weekend though, I've made mullerlight ice cream and the slow cooker is out for tomorrows dinner..
Reading all the posts on the forum has kept me busy so not thinking about what I can eat next.
I'm feeling strong today and planning o taking it one day at a time.

Hello ? weekends are tough for me too hubby is home and he eats whatever he fancies! I'm home with the kids in the week but can control the urges better! One day at a time is the way forward and not beating yourself up over any slips!

brill melon!! lol.. eating melon now... well done on slimmer of the week.. and wow on your losses so far!.. you are doing great.. thanks for tip.. I cannot buy extra stuff and freeze cas I have a weak head.. and I would defrost it!! esp choc... however I do freeze meats and dinner stuff..

the weekends are always the hardest... I had 1 packet of popcorn and 1 bar of choc extra over the weekend.. so I am raging with myself.. but we shall see cas I was very very good all week - even going gym 3 times and not eating all syns some days. I am eating a lot more food (within plan) and just frightened that I wont lose.. even though scales say 3 lb so far... weight in tomorrow.. see what happens!! Keeping a food diary too.. so I am aware of where I am going wrong.. having awareness and a conscience keeps ya in check!!

Good woman.. if I had one drink, id have to keep going.. well done on your self control. I need more of it.. ;o)

My goodness sounds like you've been through the mill! Hope your youngest is ok now? I'm sure you'll do fine and will see a result know the scales. Sometimes life just throws us a feel curve balls and it's fab you're staying positive

Yes he's fine now thank-you and saw a 2lb loss on friday aswell. Been to a concert the weekend and queued for 24hrs to get in (mad i know) took plenty of healthy food but the only hot option about was mcdonalds yuk but had to eat so had one sat night and one sunday. Did not enjoy eating it and can't wait to get home to my healthy food. Just an alpen bar and fruit till i get home later for me today. Life will always throw us obstacles but feel if i can cope with them so much better than before.

It was quite disgusting which is why I only had the one, lol. :p

Yay Melon. ;)

Do you post on the Tuesday Weighers thread? My WI is also tuesday so it'll be nice to keep in touch with how you're losing. :D I'll have a looksie for your food diary and subscribe to it, too. :)

Don't worry about going over your syns. What I do when I go over is stick to 10 the next day (if it's 1 or 2 over. If more I pretty much have a super speed day after, but that has only happened once. :D)

I hope that you'll do well with your WI and that your scales are correct! :D
My scales said I was 11st this morning (They're broken).. If I've somehow lost 13 st in a week I'll let you know! :8855:

Yes he's fine now thank-you and saw a 2lb loss on friday aswell. Been to a concert the weekend and queued for 24hrs to get in (mad i know) took plenty of healthy food but the only hot option about was mcdonalds yuk but had to eat so had one sat night and one sunday. Did not enjoy eating it and can't wait to get home to my healthy food. Just an alpen bar and fruit till i get home later for me today. Life will always throw us obstacles but feel if i can cope with them so much better than before.

24hours to get in!? Where did you go? I'm glad you can feel you can cope better that's such a positive start! I'll hope for a loss for you you never know what might happen.

Today is the start of a month long blind weigh in. It's my birthday on the 2nd Aug so I've decided to weigh blind this month and not hear the damage till the 29th. Eeek haha I'm a little nervous but also hopeful that I'll be able to lose a decent amount without knowing the numbers.

Creamy chicken pasta for tea last night that's gorgeous! Big Mac in a bowl tonight nom nom!

Hello there Im Maggie, I have just joined the forum . Perhaps we could encourage each other ? I have masses to lose, Im 20 st, but am just thinking of the next two stone. Ive decided to do sw from home, with the help of this forum. I have a lovely chocolate labrador, who I love walking, and I think this will help me. Maggiex

I'll happily buddy up with you. :)

Well done on quitting smoking! :D

Maggie - I'm also a dog lover. They sure do motivate you a lot, don't they? :)

Back