In need of Motivation Badly! Please help.

laurawalker85

I STS last week and last night I put 2lbs on! What the hell? I am not pleased at all, I feel like giving up and starting another diet but I know thats half my problem with my weight is stopping and starting different diets. I need to get that motivation back that I had the first couple of weeks, can anyone help with this? I'm desperate.

If its any consolation i feel the same as you - lost 1lb in last 2 week & this week looks like a sts or gain (going away tonight for wkend so its only going to get worse!)
but what i will say is
1) you have lost 7lb in 5 weeks - thats exactly what sw / health experts say is the right amount to loose per week so it STAYS OFF!
2) For no apparent reason, some weeks our bodies don't loose (you will see evidence of this on the 100s of diaries on minimins) then it suddenly get few good losses.
3) If you give up now, you'll never know how good SW is & how it is a healthy eating lifestyle plan (not a get quick slim diet)
4) Ask you're self is a * week, have you not weighed your HEX's / syns etc

Now think, why it is you started this diet - whatever the reason, hold on to that thought. It took months maybe years to get to what weight or size we are now, so loosing that weight is going to take months maybe years.

Remember 1lb per week = 52lbs in a year = 3 stone 10lb
your loosing av 1.4lb per week = 72.8lbs a year = 5 stone 3lb

Sorry for the lecture lol but hope what i says helps.
We're all in the same boat so hang in there - pm anytime you need too

Hi

Hi laura, know how u feel thats why i only weigh myself 1 a mnth that way i dont lose motivation.Sure your lose more next weigh in.

look what you have lost already!! I refer you to my new fave thread lol

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/248845-weight-loss-equivalents.html

almost an average newborn!! I keep reposting that link coz it made me feel a lot better and I think it is such a fun way to look at things. Try looking at your weight loss over a whole month rather than getting hung up on one or 2 weeks. (I say all this dreading my weigh in tomorrow lol so if anyone sees me moaning gimme a slap :p) oh and have some biiiig hugs xxx

A food diary would definitely help people see what you're eating as Silvermaneuk said.
It could just be one of those things. It could be water retention, * week...anything but DO NOT GIVE UP!! :nono:

Are you having your 1/3 superfree if you're on EE? That may or not be the problem.

Do you do any Body Magic? If not why not try a little? :character00116: Have a look at some of the delish food in the recipes section to give you an idea of what you can eat if you're not sure. :drool::eatdrink023:

One thing for sure if you stick to the plan it will work. It may take longer for you than it does for others, some people are like that but you're not in competition with anyone. I've said in other posts, SW has been around for over 40 years now and the method of food optimising is tried and tested but you have to stick with it.

If you look at some of the posts on here you will see some people have had huge losses by sticking to the plan, whether that be Red, Green or EE. You've started to see the results already by your own losses over the past few weeks so something is going right.:scale: Keep this in mind and believe in yourself. You know you can do it. :fingerscrossed:

Good luck! There's plenty of us on here ready to help out and listen if there's a problem. Keep us updated and if you need to...holler!!! :D

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your posts, they have made me feel a bit better so thank you again. With regards to my food diaries I'm unsure as to how to get these on here other than typing them out which to be honest not going to do as at work! Lol, BUT I can say I am 100% confident they are Ok and am eating the right foods as I always hand my weekly diary into my leader each week and every one of them she has put a smiley face! Surely that means I'm doing fine with my food choices? I admit, I do sometimes tend to choose the same foods because 1) Its cheap and easy 2) I enjoy it and I know I have to vary my diet as much as possible so I am going to do that this week. The other thing is I drink about 1.5litres of water a day plus a few cans of diet coke and I have noticed over the past couple of weeks I'm not peeing as much, not at all but not as much as say my 1st couple of weeks. My * week is due from Saturday and yes I know your all going to tell me off and say 'thats it!' but I am not going to agree with that as it cannot and usually does not affect me 2 weeks in advance!
I can assure you I will not give up, even writing this is making me feel fired up to lose weight for my weigh in next week, but as you all probably know, with no weight loss in 2 weeks, it can get you down and does make you question yourself. As for exercise, no I'm not a great lover of it, but I do try as much as I can with walking places rather than driving.
Sorry for the long winded reply, and thanks again. X

Good to hear the resonses have fired you up for the next weigh in... ;)

Good luck for next week!

Maybe copying your food dairy on here at some point might help you and also it does mean we can see how your doing and help keep you inspired. One thing with me is I LOVE EE but the higher carbs doesn't suit me, so I have about a 1/3rd less than they recommend. I have thyroid issues and my body just cannot process them. I have M.E and Fibro and I find I cannot do as much body magic as everyone else, but that doesn't really seem to be an issue for me.

One thing with me is I LOVE EE but the higher carbs doesn't suit me,

I'm the same- I limit myself to a carb heavy meal twice a week, most of my main meals are EE but lean towards red, otherwise I bloat and get a bit constipated.

Maybe you need to exercise some portion control? Don't want to sound rude, but are you a big eater? There was somebody here the other day eating 5 mullerlights a day. They may be free, but that's 500 calories just on inbetween meal snacks :eek:

Back