Inaccurate Scales ??

Wicked Witch

Since I started LL I have weighed myself on my own digital scales which I have always known to be fairly accurate and they were in sync with my Doctors also.

However my LLC's scales seem to measure me 7lb more. Some of this could be due to the time of day. I weigh myself in the morning at home and my meeting is in the evening but recently the losses on her scales have been really low - 3lb, 2lb and 3lbs whilst my own scales have said 3lb, 4lbs, 4lbs . So now the difference is much bigger. I know I am shrinking as my clothes are falling off me but I am increasingly feeling frustrated with the LLC's scales (daft I know). Especially as my own scales recently had me under 13st (first time in 4 years) and in the 'overweight' BMI range whilst hers still have me over 13st and in the 'obese' range.

Came back from my meeting last night and was really down despite an "average" weight loss. I keep my ticker updated with the 'official' LL version of my weight so now instead of being fun updating it every week, I feel miserable cos it doesn't match my home spreadsheet.

Shall I change it to my home measurement or stick with the 'offical version' ?

I know I should get a life, :sigh: but updating my tickers used to make me so happy ! How sad am I !

Shall I change it to my home measurement or stick with the 'offical version' ? quote]

I would stick with your own, i weigh myself as soon as i get up and record the weight seperatley.
As you say the diffrence may be caused by the time of day so might be worth weighing yourself just before you go to weigh in and then compare against your weigh in weight.

Me.

My home scales vary wildly from my llc, and even from themselves (if that makes sense!). They arent the cheapest, but they can vary by as much as 7lbs, just by getting on and off them!!

So, I do prefer to use my LLC weight as my ticker, even though mine might show a more favourable result. I am not too worried as I have such a long way to go, and its got to come off somehow, whatever the scales say!!

Dont be disheartened, you are losing and thats what counts!

Came back from my meeting last night and was really down despite an "average" weight loss. I keep my ticker updated with the 'official' LL version of my weight so now instead of being fun updating it every week, I feel miserable cos it doesn't match my home spreadsheet.

Shall I change it to my home measurement or stick with the 'offical version' ?

This is about YOU!

Therefore I Feel you should do what is going to motivate you and help you get to goal.

If updating your weight ticker to go with your own spread sheet is key to your success then go for it.

Your LLC has your official records and I am sure she would understand.

If your troubled about making a decision then you could go for two weight trackers, one with your home weight and one for LLC's official weight.

The way to do that is two take a ticker from two different sites.

It is an option to think about and here is a selection to chose from.

http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/

Weight Loss signature tracker

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Families.com's Ticker section - Families.com

My scales are 3 or 4 pounds different to my LLCs but I just put it down to the time of day, the clothes I am wearing and the fact that I've probably got 3 litres of water sloshing around inside me!

Don't get disheartened - if your clothes are hanging off you and your scales say your losing weight then your losing weight.

Johnny :D

Forgot to say great weight loss WW - do you know where all of the other April starters have gone and how they are getting on? The 'April starters' thread seems to have gone quiet.

As other posters have said you should do what makes you happy.

I do think you should be happy with 3lbs loss though as that puts you on track to lose a stone a month like LL promise.

I understand your disappointment though as I also got a bit down when my body very quickly decided to settle on 3 or 4lbs a week.

Thanks everyone - that has made me feel a bit better and I am going to change my ticker to my own measurements. It makes sense to go with what my scales say - as they are what I shall be using once I am in Management.

Jonny - well done yourself!!! Half way there - wooo hooo !
If memory serves I think you started after me so that is a great loss. "Just Do It" was on the oher day but I haven't seen Jack's Mummy or the others for bit. I guess no news is probably good news. Hopefully if they were struggling they would have been on to look for help.

Thanks WW

I'm thrilled to have got half way. I've got my 5 week weigh in tomorrow so hopefully will have shifted a few more pounds. Really pleased that your doing so well, hope the others are too.

Hi Johnny and WW, doing fine at the moment, I lost 4lbs this week which I was really pleased with. You are doing pretty well yourselves.

WW your total looks pretty good but I can understand 2lbs is disheartening. I weigh myself before I go and make sure I drink the same amount of water and have the same number of packs before each WI.

Claire

Back