Inches or weight

It definately will, just stick with it.

I never thought in a million years though i'd be the weight i am now, and go shopping in normal shops (instead of outsize outlets) did i mention im starting to like excersing (OH reckons ive had brain transplant)

definately inches i think.

I weigh 10s 1 now, but once i join the gym, even if Im SSing, I know ill put on weight as i tighten up my muscles in arms & legs. I mean im nevwer going to look like a bodybuilder, but i would like my arms to be more definaed instead of "winglike"

Im 10stone 1, in the "healthy" BMI, but I defiantely need to lose more as my hips and backside are still very wobbly, so once I carry on with the CD and get motivated with the excercise I know ill weigh more, but look slimmer!

Steve - Thanks for that body fat calculator, my bmi is 26 but my boday fat is also 27 so I am technically healthy accoding to the above table. So despite being a size 12 and classes as over weight I'm actually ok - always good to know :eek:)

Saying that though I still want to get to a healthy bmi just so I know in my head that I am 'normal' now...if you know what I mean!

When I first lost my weight, I was aiming for size 14 which I figured would be around 11 stone. I'm 5'6". It possibly was (in some shops) but as I neared that weight, I knew that I wasn't happy with my body still. So I lowered my target to 10 stone 7lbs. At that weight, I was a size 12 in most shops and most styles. But I know I'm happier nearer 10 stone, and then I have a bit of leeway.

Getting to whatever goal you set, be it inches or stones, is one thing. Staying there I've discovered is quite another! This time, I've just dipped under 11 stone and still feel HUGE, which is so silly given that I felt thin last time I got to this weight! Head games etc!

Waffling a bit there... for me it was how I looked in the mirror AFTER trying the size thing (and realising that each shop has different measurements for size 12 and 14!) and weight thing.

As you say we all have our goals and reaching them really is step one...it seems to me a very hard step but never the less it's still step one.

Everyone here seems to be doing very well and it's nice to be amongst others doing the same stuff.

I've really enjoyed the replies to my question, and I'm amazed how many there have been...very interesting.

Oooohhh - I love this thread!

Although I know bmi is a crude measure I am aiming for a weight 5lb under bmi 25 - it would be so nice to go to the doctors and for once not have them tell me I am overweight/obese and need to lose weight. Size-wise I am already the smallest I have ever been since about the age of 12 :D so if I go down any more size/s it will be a bonus.

For me losing weight has been about my health and fitness - My weight was starting to cause health problems for me and prevent me from doing certain things I wanted to do both in terms of my size and confidence. I am getting close to goal now and love the fact that I am so much fitter than before and can finally give my nieces a run for their money on the adventure playground!!

It's size for me as well. I just want to be in a Size 12. I can usually get in a 12 at about 11stoneish.

Size of clothes for me too, I used to be 10/12 and my aim now is for 12/14, Im a 16 at the moment. Ive never really worried about how much I weigh its always been more about how I look and feel and the clothes label.

I think for me I want to be not only healthy but be able to buy the clothes I want in any shop and not just those with larger sizes. I know I will get there and look forward to it.

Back