Inches!

BrittW

Timelord
Is anyone keeping track of how many inches they are losing whilst doing SW?

I've not been feeling like I've got very far in 6 weeks lately. So I measured myself compared to my measurements 6 weeks ago and I've lost 12 inches! A FOOT! Lol!

2 inches from my bust, 2.5 inches from my waist, 0.5 inch from my abdomen, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from each of my thighs, 1 inch from each of my arms and 0.5 inch from each calf!

That has made me smile. xoxo

that's brilliant! i often find when i feel Im not losing weight very fast, thats the time my shape is changing the most!

its another good motivator :D

xx

That is such a worthwhile thing to do. I have seen my measurements decrease in the last few weeks, despite no change in my weight (I'm maintaining)and it is really rewarding.

Whilst losing, I also found that my shape seemed to take time to adjust to my weight loss, if that makes any sense at all? I'd see the lbs come off with no change to my measurements and then all of a sudden it was as if my body rearranged itself lol. People I see often would ask if I'd lost weight, when in fact I hadn't lost any for ages, and not comment when I had actually lost lbs as it wasn't visible.

I've been struggling to lose last few weeks, but my measurements are showing an inch or 2 decrease. It's good to keep track especially when you're not losing/not losing much

Definitely worth measuring inches. I did it when I started the 30 day shred and then again when I finished it and I had some really good results. I just wished I'd done it from the beginning of SW to see how much I've lost altogether!

I've lost inches since I got to target!! I bought a whole heap of new clothes in February and they are all now a bit loose.
In fact I'm currentlt 5lbs over target and they are definitely lose still.

When I started SW almost 6 long years ago, I lost 2 stone but only just over a size off my bum (squeezing into a 22 then comfortably into a 20).
My top half didn't seem to alter too much (I started as a 20 but couldn't quite get into an 18).

Second time round I have lost 3 stone and now size 16 bottoms are loose as are 14 tops.

Inches are a great way of checking - without these I would have been at my wits end at times as the inches went but not the pounds.

I forgot to take my measurements 6 years ago but I did do them last January. So for the last 3 st I've lost:
Bust: 6" . . . Waist: 6" . . . Hips: 8" . . . Thigh Tops: 4" each . . . Arm tops: 3" each
Thats 34" . . . :eek: I never actually added it up before. Plus probably another 2" each off bust, waist and hips from when I started.
I didn't measure my calf - I forgot but suffice to say I bought a pair of boots this year and I haven't done that in 25 years! So probably 2" off each.

I can't quite believe some of my inch losses - so far 10 inches off my bust, 13 inches off my waist, 12" off my tummy, 12" off my hips, 8" off each thigh and 4" off each arm! No wonder my boyfriend and I can both fit together in my old trousers and shirt!

Crackin' inch loss littlemeercat - and not bad on the weight loss too! Well done chica

I wish I had done this, the only thing I did remnember was that my thighs were 31 inches around. Now they are 25 inches and my waist is 31 inches.

So thats 12 inches of wobbly leg fat gone

Back