Increasing food

Jane-D

Hey all

Due to losing weight through lack of appetite, I am now down to being a lb away from goal...

I am starting to gain my appetite now, but am terrified of gaining the weight...therefore am terrified of eating too much...

Can anyone on advise on the best way to gradually eat again without gaining the weight, please...

Many thanks...Jx

Well Jane, Atkins says start by adding an extra 5 carbs a day week by week until your weight loss stops, at that point you are on maint love.

Oh and I understand your fear, I had that as well.

Can i ask u guys a question?

on maintain i take it u eat to keet ur weight the same... so IF u put a little on do u lose it by cutting back on carbs then eating normal again?

I seem to weight 12.6-7 all the time.. i put a bit on when i be naughty and then it goes back to 12.6-7 within the week.

DO u think my body is maintaining?

on maintain i take it u eat to keet ur weight the same... so IF u put a little on do u lose it by cutting back on carbs then eating normal again?

That's exactly what I do Sona,

and yes it does look as if you're maintaining somehow. I find that odd.

Well ive been on WW before atkins and before WW i was on atkins! lolz full circle.

The 1st time on atkins i lost slowly but did lose 1.5 stone (after having my baby)

On WW i los even slower but managed to lose about half stone.
I took xenical for a while and lost nothing!

then i did WW for a bit and lost nothing so i though a change in diet might help to SHOCK the body.

But so far ive manaed to lose any extra lbs i put on between dietd and maintain at 12.6-7.

So maybe i need to cut back my carbs a bit more to lose more? I dont think im eating enough fat...

I use olive oil not butter as i just cant bring myself to use butter.
I only eat a little cheese, unless it going on to oven cooked food.
I dont eat much red meat, my chicken is grilled, or boiled.

Do u think i need to up my fat intake? Does that sound stupid?
my stupid body seem to stay in starvation mode i think.. iv still not managed to get in to ketosis.

No doesn't sound stupid at all Sona, you need to eat fat to burn fat, strange thought that may sound.

Thanks Jim, I am not missing the carbs and feel great, but as I lost the weight so quickly I am concerned that even eating as if on induction will put on the lbs, I think I am going to be careful and get on the scales everyday to monitor it....Jx

Hey all

Due to losing weight through lack of appetite, I am now down to being a lb away from goal...

I am starting to gain my appetite now, but am terrified of gaining the weight...therefore am terrified of eating too much...

Can anyone on advise on the best way to gradually eat again without gaining the weight, please...

Many thanks...Jx
I feel exactly the same, i have lost 25 pds and want to lose 25 more, but am soooooooooo afraid that I won't be able to keep it off. TERRIFIED!

Ah Sooz, join the club love, I think we have all been there love. As it happens I have found it quite easy maintaining, but I too was terrified initially. I have found that if I

a. Plan ahead and lose a little before I know I'm going to be eating wrongly.

and

b. Go into strict induction after I've eaten wrongly.

It works for me.

Jane and sooz, I know how you guys feel. Now that I'm on maint. I'm still learning how to do maint and Ive gotten better over the past weeks.. after losing 43 pounds I was so determined not to gain any weight back that I still was hanging around to 20 carbs a day for awhile then I started to up the calories. I can't remember who posted it but there is a thread and it was saying that you have to think like a thin person when it comes to food and it has worked for me. I thinkit was KD who posted that and it was motivational for me to not be so scared of thinking about regaining the weight. I still watch my carbs and I'm even doing induction now because I know I'm going to be eating over Xmas but I eat normal. I know I can't eat fast food everyday and stay at this weight and I stay active, so that helps.. It's pure psychological...

Thanks sona and you will get to your goal weight. I like that when you reach your goals you are rewarding yourself with clothes and etc.. by the way cute little boy :)

Back