Independence Day Challenge!!

Well done Thelma :D
So which dress do you like Luc?

Well done Thelma :D
So which dress do you like Luc?

Well I say I found "one", I actually found four LOL.

I have to say though your dress is so beautiful! I didn't think it would be fair to pick it after you had haha.

Anyway these ones...
Brightyn - by Maggie Sottero

Charley - by Maggie Sottero

Maeleigh - by Maggie Sottero

Mariah - by Maggie Sottero

Yeah you can see my type... big floaty princess dresses!

Haha I can't believe I'm looking at these, I'm only 18! They're just so pretty! :p

Look at you marrying yourself off Luci!!! Really like Maeleigh.

Well done Thelma!!! :)

All this talk of seaside is making me want to go. Perhaps I'll suggest it to BF and we can take the dog to the beach!

Just done WI and only lost 2lbs, so definitely a correlation with the water, as that's the only thing I've done differently this week. Really must remember to keep it up. I love water, so not sure why I've not had so much this week.

I am still really chuffed because I've now lost exactly 2stones in 6 weeks :):):)

Luci-de-Milo - 25lbs - 7lbs lost, 18 to go
Sarette - 25lbs - 6lbs lost, 19lbs to go
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs 5lbs lost, 14lbs to go
Cat Bee - 28lbs - 11lbs lost, 17lbs to go
Water Girl - 28lbs 5lbs lost, 23lbs to go
Trisha - 10 lbs 1lb lost 9 lbs to go
Scojos - 16lbs 5lbs lost, 11 to go
Issywissy42 - 28lbs 16lbs lost, 12 to go
Thelma - 25lbs 5lb lost, 20 to go
Fatfighter - 28lbs 8lbs lost, 20 to go
Mia- 28lbs
Cooky888 - 28lbs
Fatgirlslims - 28lbs
Witchy - 28lbs 15 lbs lost, 13 to go
Fenix - 25lbs 1lb lost, 24 to go
Leahtm - 28lb
Shlinz - 28lbs
RuthG - 30lbs 10lbs lost, 20 to go
Mumto4 - 28lbs
Miss_mallow - 28lbs 10lbs lost, 18 to go
Fatandfedup - 30lbs 10lbs lost, 20 to go

Luci-de-Milo - 25lbs - 7lbs lost, 18 to go
Sarette - 25lbs - 6lbs lost, 19lbs to go
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs 5lbs lost, 14lbs to go
Cat Bee - 28lbs - 11lbs lost, 17lbs to go
Water Girl - 28lbs 5lbs lost, 23lbs to go
Trisha - 10 lbs 1lb lost 9 lbs to go
Scojos - 16lbs 5lbs lost, 11 to go
Issywissy42 - 28lbs 16lbs lost, 12 to go
Thelma - 25lbs 5lb lost, 20 to go
Fatfighter - 28lbs 8lbs lost, 20 to go
Mia- 28lbs
Cooky888 - 28lbs
Fatgirlslims - 28lbs
Witchy - 28lbs 15 lbs lost, 13 to go
Fenix - 25lbs 1lb lost, 24 to go
Leahtm - 28lb
Shlinz - 28lbs
RuthG - 30lbs 10lbs lost, 20 to go
Mumto4 - 28lbs
Miss_mallow - 28lbs 10lbs lost, 18 to go
Fatandfedup - 30lbs 10lbs lost, 20 to go
Yey 2st gone you must be feeling great! Well done on all the hard work!

hi girls!
sorry i havent been around, life has been hectic, i got ambulanced to a and e on saturday after collapsing at a party - diagnosis is gallstones, something that occurs regularly on CD. Dh has therefore banned me from CD and CDC agrees its too risky, i took all my stuff back to her yesterday, it was sad, end of an era, been seeing her off and on for 18 months, and she is responsible for 4 of the 5 stones i have lost.
I have joined SW, healthy slow weight loss, i "only" need to lose another 25lbs so i can do that at my own pace, im not risking my health anymore.
i would still like to be part of this challenge, even though it is a cd challenge, can i still be in the "team?"
thanks
tx
ps i see a few of you are teachers? im a food teacher, we are due ofsted in sept when i change to my new school. went in yesterday and was told the first thing to expect was OFSTED:eek:!!

Poor Scojos - you must have been so worried. You're definitely making the right decision though - better to lose the last pounds more slowly and keep healthy. I don't know about anyone else, but I want you to keep with the challenge! I'd miss hearing how you were getting on!

Watergirl - 2 stones! That's fabulous! How are you going to treat yourself?

Hope everyone who's off is enjoying the holiday weekend. No such luck up in Bonnie Dundee so I'm heading off to work in a bit!

Catch up with your losses over the weekend!

T x

Thanks Issy and Thanks Thelma :) Bought a few bits and pieces on Amazon last night, so that's my treat lol. I tend to treat myself every half stone, so need to wait till the next one!

Scojos of course you're welcome to stay in the team, I don't see that anyone would mind!
Of to work soon as well, but need to walk dogs first. There is gridlock at the end of my road for miles (roadworks...councils using up their budget!), so am holding off for as long as possible.
I think I'll only do a half day today. Normally work from home on Friday, but have decided I get more done in the office.
Hope work isn't too traumatic Thelma - we'll both be home before we know it hopefully :)

thanks for letting me stay - I hope that 2lb on week on SW is reasonable, although, to be honest, im still doing 810 in my brain, and evening meals are 810 meals, hopefully this will help losses!
hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend, i have absolutely NOTHING planned, except quality time with my kids (thinking you are going to die sort of puts everything in perspective...)
tx

i got ambulanced to a and e on saturday after collapsing at a party - diagnosis is gallstones, something that occurs regularly on CD.

So sorry to hear about the gallstones :( It's agony isn't it :hug99: I had them too, and had my gallbladder out last year.

I came off CD after my first attack, until I had some reassurance that it would be okay to continue. My consultant said he knew of no link between a VLCD and gallstones, and was happy for me to go back to CD :clap: The next attack didn't happen until I was off the diet.

Having said that, I have heard that there is a slight possibility of more chance of gallstones on a VLCD, but much more risk just by being overweight.

I continued to get gallstone attacks into maintenance, whilst eating healthily, as they predicted.

When I had my gallbladder out, the ward was full of people, none of whom had ever done a VLCD.

Very best of luck with SW, but you know, once you have gallbladder troubles, the gallbladder really needs to come out. That's what finally pushed me to have my operation. I was told that I would continue to have attacks..which happened even when I was off the VLCD.

It certainly isn't the case that CDers regularly get gallstones. But overweight people often do.

Just want to reassure people here.

Hope you get it sorted soon, because it's horrible isn't it.

That's good to know KD.
Glad that all is well now Scojos. My friend lost about 5 stone on SW. It was over a longer period of time, but it still happened and she loved it. So I am sure you'll do fantastically well.
Just think, the people on the Biggest Loser aren't on a VLCD and still have good losses!!! Maybe you should start working out with one of those great big russian cow bell type things lol...not sure that would be good actually with you having been pretty poorly...maybe one day. :) x

That's good to know KD.

Good. It's all still debatable as far as I know, with 'experts' disagreeing over it.

My friend lost about 5 stone on SW. It was over a longer period of time, but it still happened and she loved it.
I lost 6 stone on SW, and put it all back on again (plus more). Absolutely not SWers fault I quickly add!

A minor rant here if I may. People often refer to SW as a healthy diet, and it sure can be :clap:, but it depends how you do it. It's not necessarily healthy by default.

I followed the basic rules. Had my HE's, Syns, free foods, just as the book said, but I certainly didn't do the diet healthily, nor tackle my food issues either (hence the weight gain :()

So, whatever you do, do SW sensibly. Make good choices and all that, and all the very best of luck with it :)

oh my god, a goddess of the CD boards has spoken to me:eek:
sorry KD i did not mean to imply that the CD was souly responsible for the issues i have, my friend lost 13 st on CD and then had gallstone issues, due mainly to the high fat diet she had before and then the rapid reduction in her diet - i knew the risks when i started, and as dh knew about friends issues, his first answer was that it was CD, not the poor diet i had before.
my journey on CD has been erratic, but i am now nearly 10 stone lighter than i was 6 years ago, 4 stone due to CD (the rest was WW and general healthy eating).
The risk (im told is 1;1000 on CD and that was an informed risk i took, as for doins SW healthily, you are right, im still doing 810 in my mind, and am struggling with carbs, eating loads of fruit and veg (god i missed those!!) and small quantites, like i would on 810. i have effectively shrank my stomach, and dont want it to expand again, which would defeat the object. im allowing myself this week to stabalise my body, then im going to do the 1000 cal CD plan, subbing the CD shakes for fruit and veg.
i have come to far not to continue, i want to be half the women i was - however long that takes (22 stone to 11!!;))
the reason i want to hang around is the fantastic support CDs give each other, and i ve made a few friends on here.
hope i didnt scare or cause offense, that was def. not my intention.
tc

oh my god, a goddess of the CD boards has spoken to me:eek:

:rotflmao: Sorry, that tickled me. I am but a mere mortal :D

hope i didnt scare or cause offense, that was def. not my intention.
tc

Of course. Just wanted to clarify the risks and all that.

It sounds like you've really thought this out :clap: and all the very best with it. It's a great plan if you do it properly :)

Wow girls that is some great weight loss there, enough to keep us all thinspired hehe.

Scojos glad your still staying with us despite your diet change and hope you are ok and not in too much pain.

Thank you Luci, it will be fine I def wont fall off the wagon its just hard as you all know, but I think we are pretty strong to be here and are all doing ok.

I think we're all pretty strong too Victoria and it's great to be around like minded people.
I can't wait for independence day to see how we've all got on. Some people have had such amazing losses that they're racing towards their targets.

I think we're all pretty strong too Victoria and it's great to be around like minded people.
I can't wait for independence day to see how we've all got on. Some people have had such amazing losses that they're racing towards their targets.

Hey Liz how are you today, its freezing here im sat wrapped up like a christmas box.

Its great reading all the losses and its certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Does your TOFTM affect your loss at all im due soon and was wondering if we retain water that week??

Hey Victoria, I still have a jippy tummy! Am feeling fine though :) so am just making sure I drink loads.
My waist for 0.5in bigger at WI and I think it's the ltr I guzzled this morn!!!

I don't actually have TOTM as have the contraceptive injection and it stops my period. From what I've heard it can have an impact, but it all evens out. Some people feel a little bit hungrier (mind hunger), so a good excuse to pamper yourself and do nothing around the house I think :)x

Hey Victoria, I still have a jippy tummy! Am feeling fine though :) so am just making sure I drink loads.
My waist for 0.5in bigger at WI and I think it's the ltr I guzzled this morn!!!

I don't actually have TOTM as have the contraceptive injection and it stops my period. From what I've heard it can have an impact, but it all evens out. Some people feel a little bit hungrier (mind hunger), so a good excuse to pamper yourself and do nothing around the house I think :)x

OO do nothing I like the sound of that haha, yeah will keep up the water and exercise and hopefully when it comes and I dont lose much it will even itself out the week after.

Luci I love the Charlie dress, plenty of time for you to be thinking about that though ;) lol
Scojos sorry to hear you've not been well, best of luck to you doing SW.
Liz 2stone in 6 weeks is phenomenal! Go you!
My period is late but not worried as my CDC and GP both warned me a VLCD could affect my cycle.
I weighed myself this morning (naughty, I know) and I'm 5lbs down :D Hope my CDC's scales agree on Monday!

Back