Inexplicable weight gain?

princess-of-power

VLCDing...again!
Week 3 for little ol me!

Ive had a tough week, been on call this weekend which was manic. Still havent had chance to have more than 2 of my shakes and unfortunately have drunk less water than I would like (worked 13 hours both sat and sunday without a break to even wee, it was THAT bad)

Still, I was delighted when I weighed in at 159.2 on saturday morning (I weigh every day for thinspiration)

Then on sunday I weighed 159.8

Then this morning I weighed 161!!!!

How the hell did that happen? I havent cheated at all!

The only thing I can think of is I havent gone to the loo for days....literally, I cant remember the last time I went, so I must have a fair amount of...backlog.

Ive taken 2 docusate and had plenty of fibreclear...if I dont go tomorrow and lose some fricking weight I may cry!

This happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
Yep! Lack of loo usage will do it! Also not enough water! So get drinking and pooping! I found the fibreclear gave me bulk but didn't make me go......so I took senecot nearly every day too!

But don't be stressing about the daily weigh ins either......I mean if you are due your period you will retain a bit of water and put up a pound or two for a day or two and then it goes again......daily weigh ins are stressful (from me....the one that jumps on every scales that I pass!!! LOL!)

i am on week 3...normally go to the loo every day...but haven't been since friday...so know the feeling...probably cos you haven't drank enough water hun...i have taken two spoons of fibroclear every day since friday still nothing..??? whats that all about...hopefully you tabs will kick in, and you will see a loss as soon as you have been,....theres gotta be a few pounds in all that CR*P...at least... fingers crossed they work soon..:)

well instead of my usual motto of 'thinking thin' I am now 'thinking toilet'.....fibreclear is rubbish so Im going to get some senna too tomorrow if I can see if one of my lovely nurses would oblige me!

well instead of my usual motto of 'thinking thin' I am now 'thinking toilet'.....fibreclear is rubbish so Im going to get some senna too tomorrow if I can see if one of my lovely nurses would oblige me!
i have senokot dual relief here, but on the label on it says, ''do not take if have an intolerance to some sugars?..''...do you reckon these are ok take then?

Do you have sugar intolerance?

Lol...nope...just thought there might have been sugar in the senokot???...as the way it reads, sounds as if they contain sugar?? which i know we cant have..:sigh:

Ive taken 2 docusate and had plenty of fibreclear...if I dont go tomorrow and lose some fricking weight I may cry!

This happened to anyone else?

Please try not to worry about what the scales say. You keep to the plan, and you'll lose fat. Definitely.

Also, don't take fibreclear if you are constipated. It will make it worse.

Fibreclear is a preventative. It will bulk it up. You need a good laxitive if you are constipated, then use the fibreclear to prevent it happening again.

Best of luck with 'going' ;)

most tablets have an element of sugar in them, but the amount will be very minimal...I think you'll be fine.

Im off to bed now, hopefully I will have some 'gentle predictable relief in the morning' like that old senna advert used to say, LOL!

Please try not to worry about what the scales say. You keep to the plan, and you'll lose fat. Definitely.

Fibreclear is a preventative. It will bulk it up. You need a good laxitive if you are constipated, then use the fibreclear to prevent it happening again.

Oh right, wasnt aware we shouldnt take it when we are bunged up! Fibreclear is a bulk forming laxative and I thought using that with a motility laxative such as Docusate would give me a good go.

Ive ran out of fibreclear anyway now. And Im off to take some docusate! Here's hoping!

didnt know this..lol..no wonder i have'nt been....
not gonna take anymore!

We were told this when I did the cambridge counselling training.

Just double checked on the lipotrim site and they state:

Lipotrim Weight Management programme. Please note that FibreCLEAR is not a laxative.

But also say that it's suitable for those prone to constipation. So I assume the same as Cambridge say. It's a preventative, rather than a laxitive.

We were told this when I did the cambridge counselling training.

Just double checked on the lipotrim site and they state:

Lipotrim Weight Management programme. Please note that FibreCLEAR is not a laxative.

But also say that it's suitable for those prone to constipation. So I assume the same as Cambridge say. It's a preventative, rather than a laxitive.

bet there are loads on here that didnt realise this... many thanks!

No problem. I hate to see people suffer!

Just hope it gets sorted.

Meanwhile, please princess-of-power :)D love the name)...make sure you have all the shakes you are supposed to have. It'll help with the weightloss, constipation and keeping you fit and healthy.

No good being slim, if you feel so crap you can't go out and enjoy it

Best of luck.

Thanks KD, I know Im being ridiculous not having all my shakes but I honestly cannot face it...and I dont have any time in the day at all.

Ive taken a few doses of docusate now and Im just in agony...honestly, I have new sympathy when my patients complain of constipation.

In other news though, Ive lost the 'weight' Ive gained without doing the toilet thang. And I may see if a kind nurse might give me a suppository as Slim Jim advised, Im blumming desperate!

Good luck - i am only on day one but it is really inportant to have 3 frm a day and your water that way you body can flush everything round
sorry to hear your so busy that can't help

hope the toilet problem is sorted soon

good luck for your next WI xx

It will defo be the bung up that is causing this but STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES lol.
This is definately why they say not to get weighed but I must admit I do ;-)

Good luck hun, your efforts will show at the OFFICIAL WI
Niki
x

Back