Info on pilates please

onefatmama

Hi,

Iv been over doing it at the gym these past few weeks, so I thought Id try my hand at pilates, thing is I know nothing about it.

Anyone done/doing it?

Can you see a change in your body shape in about a month?

Thanks for any advice :)

OFM xx

Whether you see changes in your body within a month is going to depend on how often you're doing it, really, and what other exercise you're doing.

You'll feel differences really quickly, but I'd say it's unlikely you'd see any differences after a month from Pilates alone.

CDC

I definitely think it's good for strengthening stomach muscles, if that helps.

I've been doing Pilates for 9 months now, I started twice a week one to one sessions as it was recommended for lower back pain which I was suffering from due to playin too much BAD golf.:D Anyway, I love it, it really tones you up, and is fantastic for back pain. I also find that now that I've been running since January, pilates has helped with my suppleness .....would definitely recommend it. The breathing method is very good.

Its okay - i use it for relaxation and light toning.... If you want to see results quickly - do Body Pump or Body Fix - resitance training with free weights in a class - absolutely fantastic - arms toned bum toned tummy toned - my body has amazing results - try it!! it is top banana exercise!!

boosh xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back