Info please!

Shazzanne

Hi - have just completed 1 week on exante diet and lost 11 pound which is great but realised that cannot continue with the shake/soup/bar etc. Would Atkins be the one to swap to - could someone briefly explain what the diet requires.

Thanks

I'm in the exact same frame if mind as you I've just done 3weeks on s&s but I can't cope I'm starving think I'm not in ketosis anymore I need food! But like you I could do with abit more upto date info on how to follow Atkins properly!

Atkins is a great idea coming straight off a VLCD - I've just started it (again) a few days ago. It's a huge change if you've never done it before - you really need to get the book and read it. The stickies here are really good - read Jim's 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins' and Lady Felsham's shopping list one for ideas, but basically it's fat, protein and very restricted carbs for induction and then a very measured reintroduction of carbs once you approach your target weight.

You could also read some of the diaries (not mine - just started!) for menu and recipe ideas. Good luck if you decide to go for it! :)

Back