Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Winnie has been suitably punished - he didn't get to come to bed with me last night & I'm not sure he ever will again :8855: I still have one blister but the bum(!) cream seems to have settled the rest of it down nicely!

So WI tonight - I lost 3lbs & got Slimmer of the Week & Slimmer of the month for December too:party0011:

I'm really pleased but it so wasn't worth the pain of an SP week. I'm back to Extra Easy & just had a lovely bowl of Jambalaya. Hurrah for carbs and all is right in my food world! Also have some Thorntons choccies for my Syns tonight. Got large box for Christmas. I bagged up the ones I like to make a few 6-10 syn bags. I then gave the rest away which I also did with all the other choccies I got!

Off to check out all your lovely threads and update the challenges. Thanks very much to the person who gave me a reputation point for this thread :bighug:

Winnie has been suitably punished - he didn't get to come to bed with me last night & I'm not sure he ever will again :8855: I still have one blister but the bum(!) cream seems to have settled the rest of it down nicely!

So WI tonight - I lost 3lbs & got Slimmer of the Week & Slimmer of the month for December too:party0011:

I'm really pleased but it so wasn't worth the pain of an SP week. I'm back to Extra Easy & just had a lovely bowl of Jambalaya. Hurrah for carbs and all is right in my food world! Also have some Thorntons choccies for my Syns tonight. Got large box for Christmas. I bagged up the ones I like to make a few 6-10 syn bags. I then gave the rest away which I also did with all the other choccies I got!

Off to check out all your lovely threads and update the challenges. Thanks very much to the person who gave me a reputation point for this thread :bighug:

Yes after reading through my new books i have decided to stick to EE and what i know. I just cant get head round no carbs and an extra hexb so will only use it if i get in a rut :)

YEEHAH on the loss Shell that's fab - and welcome back to the comforting arms of carbs :D I found low carb eating really difficult, but I might be able to do a week - will try it once I get more into an SW routien :)

Enjoy the chocs - I can't eat Thorntons any more because I tried some of the sugar free ones and they gave me terrible tummy aches - and darlings, the wind! (keeping the bottom theme alive here lol).

I have however just had a Muller mint yog - very yummy, I could see that working well as frozen yog - but made in a proper ice cream maker :D. I desperately want one of the fully automatic ice cream makers - I can't afford it and don't need it but that's never stopped me before :D

Someone in group has one of those squeezy ice cream makers - you stick it in freezer for several hrs then shove Muller in and squish a bit. She says works well and way less icy?!

You've worried me now - I was think about purchasing some Hotel Chocolat low sugar chocs when I run out of treats but I definitely don't need more bottie burps :eek:

Wow, there is no stopping you, well done on your loss and awards! Now I want After Eight frozen yogurt.... we do have an icecream maker but not a proper electric fully automated one, an attachment to my KitchenAid and I will be trying it out soon :)
Enjoy your choccy treat, well deserved x

Excellent Cloudy you try it and let us know! :D

Re the sugar free chocs, I tried a few when I was on Atkins - it's the sweeteners in them so maybe google Hotel Choc and see? Their chocolate is amazing though and I really wish you hadn't told me about the low sugar ones LOL. How many syns?

Evening

Hurrah for the weekend. Its felt a very long week at work but not surprising with the preceeding weeks have been scattered with Bank Holidays and fun festivities. Nothing very excited planned for my weekend but will be able to run in daylight & cook some scrummy meals. Have also promised myself I'll tidy my home. Now I hate housework with a passion so when I feel the need to clean you can understand the house must be filthy.

Need to do some batch cooking as I only have one portion of soup in freezer and a few easy evening meal. Was bit daft when I went to supermarket this week as didn't get enough veggies. I always eat way more than I realise!

I had an amazing dinner tonight - I braved M&S Simply Food to get a lovely rump steak. They do one thats extra trimmed and lean. Sooo divine. I had it with Hedgehog potato, braised red cabbage & kale. Will attempt to post a picture. I find M&S food sooo tempting. I stood for few minutes in front of the desert section & found myself missing the good old days where I'd buy a dine in for 2 & an extra pud & tub (or two) of mini bites :rolleyes: I did buy a Count on Us desert pot which I will savour at some point over the weekend!

Hope you all have lots of lovely things planned x

IMG_0681.jpg IMG_0678.jpg

I hear you on the Housework!
I'm not keen either!
Every now and then though I have an urge like in the evening when i will like thoroughly tidy & clean the kitchen or somewhere:rolleyes::D
steak looks lush!
and that potato, i've seen pics of them posted before that people have done...some put them in slow cooker with bacon and cheese etc tucked in the grooves or sprigs of herbs and things :)
Another thing to put on my ...'to make' list :D

Ditto here on the housework, I am being forced into vacuuming today only because I've noticed a little trail of dusty footprints on the hallway carpet oops - and my next door neighbour is a neat freak and will be out there with the Vacuum of Shame if I don't get there first :D

And what is that hedgehog thing? It looks lovely but I've never heard of it before...

I hear you on the Housework!
I'm not keen either!
Every now and then though I have an urge like in the evening when i will like thoroughly tidy & clean the kitchen or somewhere:rolleyes::D
steak looks lush!
and that potato, i've seen pics of them posted before that people have done...some put them in slow cooker with bacon and cheese etc tucked in the grooves or sprigs of herbs and things :)
Another thing to put on my ...'to make' list :D

Deffo try the Hedgehog - really lovely! Have changed bed / dusted and hoovered in bedroom & done several bowls of washing up - bored now!

Your dinner looks really tasty, though quite easy, all the better when you've just got in and tired. Enjoy your pud when you get it. :)

Was fabulous - I stuck the potato in oven did a Kettlbell work out then cooked other bits then scoffed. Pud still sat in fridge :)

Ditto here on the housework, I am being forced into vacuuming today only because I've noticed a little trail of dusty footprints on the hallway carpet oops - and my next door neighbour is a neat freak and will be out there with the Vacuum of Shame if I don't get there first :D

And what is that hedgehog thing? It looks lovely but I've never heard of it before...

Large potato like you'd use for a jacket, cut into it several times nearly thru then stick some rosemary springs in slits, spray with some fry light, lightly season bung in oven for ~ 1 hour. Very lovely & super easy :D

Hello & happy Saturday

So I woke early as I always do and the wind was whipping round. I snuggled until light started to appear & very nearly wimped out of my run but had said to friend last night - NO EXCUSES. So up I got, kit on and hit the pavements. Oh boy was it horrid at times, when running into wind I truly felt like I was doing a running man on the spot :rotflmao: But when the wind was behind me it was lovely I felt super speedy! Anyway plan had been to try and run slightly further than my usual 3 miles but because it was horrid I just did the normal route. What was very odd is I actually ran it faster than normal by about 1/2 a minute?! Must have had more tailwinds than head ones. I then did a kettlebells core workout. I never know if its worth working on my abs at this stage given they have such a lovely padding I can't tell if what I'm doing helps? But I guess it will all show ultimately.

So the cleaning plan is going OK particularly given it was wet & windy out although the sun has now broken thru. Might give up soon and go for a walk into the city. Don't need anything but any excuse to get away from the dust bunnies glaring at me :p

I'm spoiling myself with food this week having felt so grumpy last week on SP. Had one of my favourite SW brekkies - magic pancakes :drool: And have lovely dinner planned tonight of creamy chicken pasta. Will post up a piccy of the pancakes. You might spot that one disintegrated but still tasted amazing!

IMG_0685.jpg

Really admire you for doing that exercise!
I on the other hand have all good intentions and still keep ''thinking'' about it! :D

If i was you i would keep working on the abs....once the padding has gone there might be a lovely 6 pack hiding there! :D
and all core exercise is good!
pancakes look good :).....i had boiled eggs and soldiers! :D

I on the other hand have all good intentions and still keep ''thinking'' about it! :D

You and me both Zafira - I'm the sort that would buy an exercise bike to hang clothes from :D

Brilliant start to the day Shelley, well done love - and I like the look of those pancakes, must google the recipe. I'm going full out tomorrow morning on an egg, bacon, sossies, mushrooms and toast brunch, might even live in the fast lane and syn some Pure spread to have on the toast :D

Last edited:
I have done a fair bit of washing and put it away too hehe

I found the magic pancakes on here - its magic porridge with some eggs!

Also only half of mix used today so more for tomorrow & still have half of my HEXB to use so will have an Alpen light tonight :)

Hope wind drops overnight so I can go for longer run tomorrow - come on ladies catch the exercise bug from crazy Shelley :8855:

Back