Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Well done on your fab loss this week Shelley. Hope you enjoyed your Thorntons, I have a big box of them here which I'm trying to ignore :D

Well done resisting xx i got 4 cadbury heroes left but refusing to eat them lol

Have had a lovely Sunday & hope you have all had a good weekend plus managed to avoid any chocolates that are taunting you!

I went for another run this morning :D Although it was a bit windy I still managed to add a little extra to my previous longest run and managed 3.3 miles. I also did a weights work out on return home.

I nipped into the city to hunt for a ceramic wok. I love love love my ceramic frying pain and thought a wok would work well for stir fry's and when I want to make a larger pan of stuff. All a bit expensive so I'm going to keep looking. I did buy a ceramic vegetable knife which whizzed through my veggies for my soup & tea. Had to be a bit careful as used to blunt knives so thought might chop into my fingers!

Have had some lovely food today & have batch cooked some soup for lunches next week. My Mum got me an inspired Christmas gift that I used for the first time today...

IMG_0687.jpg

The Thorntons were divine - had 3 on Thursday and again on Friday. Have some left in my fridge but think I'll save them for next weekend as having a DVD night with a friend and will make some healthy snacks but she always brings chocolate treats that make me jealous (she's one of those seems to eat what she likes skinny people & always asks if its OK to bring herself some naughty nibbles!)

Took a load of clothes to the charity shop today. Have kept a couple of things but thought psychologically was better to get rid of them rather than pop them in the cupboard "just in case" I need to have another sort through my ever shrinking wardrobe. I'm trying not to buy too many bits of the sizes in the middle but need enough - I seem to end up wearing the same things all the time :rolleyes:

It's hard getting rid of the bigger clothes isn't it. I had a huge clear out to earn some extra Christmas cash and felt wrong and weird letting them go! but the feeling after is better than anything :D

Running AND cleaning? Who are you?! :O

Well done lovely ;) xxx

Thank you for opening your diary! It rang completely true for how I've been in the past and really helps me to know someone else had the same challenge and is succeeding. Your loss in such a short time is really impressive. I hope to do SW plan eventually to have a way of eating for life. I got down to 13st7 in 2009 on LL but my head didn't catch up, a few things happened in my life and out came the pizza and B&J's.

You are a real inspiration. Did you take any pics? When's your friends wedding? You'll have to be careful not to outshine the bride :) . Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Love the gift your mum bought for you! Will come in handy for the soup challenge too ;)

I know I was very happy - plus room for a large portion!

Running AND cleaning? Who are you?! :O

I do wonder if some weird aliens have actually taken over my body :8855:

Thank you for opening your diary! It rang completely true for how I've been in the past and really helps me to know someone else had the same challenge and is succeeding. Your loss in such a short time is really impressive. I hope to do SW plan eventually to have a way of eating for life. I got down to 13st7 in 2009 on LL but my head didn't catch up, a few things happened in my life and out came the pizza and B&J's.

You are a real inspiration. Did you take any pics? When's your friends wedding? You'll have to be careful not to outshine the bride :) . Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Thank you x

I think (and hope) SW will be sustainable long term as I haven't felt deprived so far. I'm also lucky in that I've found a lovely consultant & group with lots of target members who still attend - I want to be one of them!

I took some pictures and have a few from social events in the couple of months before I started too. Wedding is in July. No chance of outshining my lovely friend but hoping not to be avoiding the photographer & trying to find a reason why my short @rsed self needs to be in back row for any group shots!

I see your on Exante - I'm not familiar with that but I'm thinking a VLCD? Good luck on your journey :)

Cor what an action packed day - and well done on the running and cleaning combo :)

I think it's a great idea to get rid of some of your old clothes, especially as you're so far along your loss journey. I was just thinking the "just in case" things yesterday myself, but actually felt quite scared. Maybe once I've lost a bit more weight I'll feel better about it :)

I love how you're so open and straightforward about everything, in a lovely, easy to read way. You make it sound so simple yet obviously you've worked dam*ed hard to get this far and are determined enough to keep at it. Your diary is a real pleasure to read :)

Thanks, it's not easy as there's quite a bit here but I'm saving it all for the odd on plan treat. Well done to you too! x

Thanks they my fave too lol

Well done on your exercise again! :D

a ceramic knife??...where did you get that from?
Have seen the ceramic frying pans etc....are they really that good?...have been thinking of investing in some :)

soup bowl looks good too :)...at xmas i did see a stall in our shopping centre selling something similar, with its own spoon too :)

Having a good sort out of clothes is 'good for the soul' !, so to speak :D
I have been doing a bit of that recently , although mine are still in the house-in a bin bag- debating what to do with them :)

I love how you're so open and straightforward about everything, in a lovely, easy to read way. You make it sound so simple yet obviously you've worked dam*ed hard to get this far and are determined enough to keep at it. Your diary is a real pleasure to read :)

Thank you for such a lovely comment :bighug:

Well done on the loss hun and plaudits to you for sticking to SP for a full week. I'm too fond of carbs to contemplate it

I wont do it again as I realised I love my carbs more than I'd thought!! I love normal SW EE anyway so got to carry on with that :D

a ceramic knife??...where did you get that from?
Have seen the ceramic frying pans etc....are they really that good?...have been thinking of investing in some :)

I got the knife at John Lewis. I used it again tonight - its amazing. Although when I was washing it up with my sponge - I sliced thru the sponge as I ran it over the blade :p I love my ceramic frying pan so good and fabulous for magic pancakes!

Evening,

Only a quick hello from me tonight. Mondays are always hectic and horrid but also brewing a cold. Came home so hungry I wolfed down my pasta dinner and burnt my mouth :cry:Tasted lovely before I lost ability to taste!

Was up early & did a kettlebells workout but what with rainy weather and my sniffles might have to skip the run I'd planned for the morning.

Just going to catch up with other threads then going to beddie byes. Might have to let Winnie back in bed with me as feeling chilly but will ensure he's only got warm not hot water :rolleyes:

Yes you get yourself to bed missus, wrap up warm and keep those sniffles away!

But I did ouchie smile at the mouth burning - I've inhaled food like that too and done the same - the roof of my mouth really cops it sometimes :eek:

Hope you wake up all refreshed and energised! xxx

Thank you for such a lovely comment :bighug:

I wont do it again as I realised I love my carbs more than I'd thought!! I love normal SW EE anyway so got to carry on with that :D

I got the knife at John Lewis. I used it again tonight - its amazing. Although when I was washing it up with my sponge - I sliced thru the sponge as I ran it over the blade :p I love my ceramic frying pan so good and fabulous for magic pancakes!

I cant drop carbs either but have decided to halve them next week x

Evening,

Today has been a tough day to stay on track. Not felt really feeling ill but I lost my voice & felt fed up. Didn't do any exercise this morning as thought if producing words was tricky gasping whilst running probably a bad idea :p Plus work was difficult with no voice so left a bit early. I do appear to be getting better. Just cooking some tea then will have steamy shower and early night again. Hope to awake refreshed and ready to run / kettlebell / crack thru some work!

But the question is why oh why when I feel down physically or psychologically do I just want to eat junk? I was ill I so I "deserved" some of the flapjack & millionnaires shortbread mini bites that were hanging about at work. Luckily for me I send quick message to my fab friend who inspired me to start her response was yeah you'll feel happy briefly but then feel way worse. Which is so true & I knew already but my brain wouldn't listen to itself had to hear it from someone else. But with her help I resisted & had a mug of Options hot chocolate :D

I know one of the things I have to deal with to be successful long term is emotional eating. No more.... I'm happy I'll have a cake, I'm poorly I'll eat some chocolate, I'm sad crisps will make me feel better, had a row with Tom, Dick or Harry drink some wine or I lost some weight this week have a treat night to reward myself! I need to try to work out why I use food as a crutch & work out what else I can and should be doing to deal with emotions both good and bad. Any good ideas gratefully received?

Sorry bit of a maudlin post perhaps I'm still fed up at not being able to talk as much as usual :sigh:

Sorry you're feeling poorly. This years cold has knocked a lot of people for six. Your post rang so true with me. I try to think if my hunger or craving is a particular emotional reaction I'm having then I try and feel that emotion instead of hiding it in food. It's actually pretty scarey sometimes. Things I haven't thought about in years come up in my head.

Have you tried a diary? Even if it's just a one liner. There may be a pattern to it you haven't noticed.

you've done so incredibly well. I know there's hope for me seeing how far you've come. X

Back