Inspirational songs?!

tryingtolose

Hi!
I know we're usually using photos or mental images of what we want ourselves to look like after we reach our goal, but I've found that, for me at least, the new Nickelback song, Lulluby, makes me feel better and even keeps me a little motivated!

Do you have any songs that keep you motivated?

Turblence and Pictures He Drew by Bowling for Soup. Especially the lines "if you only keep on fighting, there's nowhere you can't go" from Turbulence and "you're never gonna be like anyone and thats ok" from Pictures He Drew

Pink... Freakin' Perfect, especially the line 'You're so mean when you talk, about yourself, you are wrong. Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead'

at the moment my inspirational songs that are on my mp3's fave list:

fix you - coldplay
iris - goo goo dolls
this year - meghan tonjes
turn - travis

i know it's 4 but, i use fix you for the treadmill.. this year for long distance xtrainer, iris for those days i just feel like giving up and turn for weights.
i need alot of different motivation and inspiration .. either that or a kick up the bum lol :p

Malc-D said:

fix you - coldplay
iris - goo goo dolls
this year - meghan tonjes
turn - travis

i know it's 4 but, i use fix you for the treadmill.. this year for long distance xtrainer, iris for those days i just feel like giving up and turn for weights.
i need alot of different motivation and inspiration .. either that or a kick up the bum lol :p

Hmmmove your playlist except This Year as I don't know it...yrt

Princes of the Universe - Queen

Gets me feeling all epic! ^__^ It should have been blasting while I set foot on top of that mountain.
"Heeeere we are! Princes of the Universe!" *Super awesome pose while lightning cracks behind me* lol XD

Malc-D said:
youtube it.. and just listen to the lyrics .. it's an independant singer so you can only buy it on itunes, i only caught it thru a youtube video and searched for it.

Ok I will as I love the rest of your playlist I'm bound to love that too!

fix you - coldplay

I LOVE this song <3 I liked it to start with and then I found out why Chris Martin had written it and loved it even more. For those that don't know...

“She came home from the hospital after her father passed covered in tears. I started crying and kept asking her, ‘What can I do for you? Tell me how I can help’ And she looked up at me and said ‘Just hold me cause you’re the only thing that can fix me right now.’”
Chris Martin on the inspiration for “Fix You”

Gwyneth you lucky, lucky lady <3 He's a keeper!

Finally Begin by Cold War Kids, it's technically a song about a relationship, finally finding someone, but the chunks below it reasonates for me as in finally finding yourself / your confidence or something... plus it's just kinda uplifting feeling

If it's got to be a leap of faith
I wish somebody'd push me
That way I'd know who to blame
When we go out tonight
I'll be looking so far past the flashing lights

Finally open my arms wide
Finally I let you inside
Finally made it past the end
To finally begin

Weigh the pros but the cons come first
I've got a black belt in doubt
I get claustrophobic
All these open doors around
Still the pros are the hardest to ignore

I've never felt this light before
I took off my sunglasses
And waited for the words
When we go out tonight
I'll be looking so far past the flashing lights

I listen to the song I'm walking down the aisle to and picture how I want to look in my dress (slim hopefully!) - keeps me on goal always, only 10 weeks to go! It's a really personal song for me and my fiance and I doubt many of our family will know it (they normally sing screaming heavy metal songs) but it's lyrics always make me smile

Back