Interesting article on yo-yo dieting

I've had a bad day. And I think part of it is that you're right, I do a lot of exercise and don't fuel my body properly, which can lead to cravings and intense hunger that I struggle to satisfy. I'm going to try and address that this week. It's funny, isn't it, I like to think I know quite a bit about nutrition, but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and knowing the facts doesn't stop emotion skewing the way you view things...and there's so much "stuff" out there... fats are bad, fats are good, sugar's evil, all carbs are bad, some carbs are good, slimming world - eat lots of carbs, Atkins - don't eat any carbs, WW, don't eat fat, GI eat healthy fats. I just wish I could start with a clean slate, one not tainted by years of dieting, and "eat normally" (whatever that might be...). But I am going to be less strict on myself this week to see if I can prevent a binge.

Thanks for your support, Iris, Lysey and SandyK. Much appreciated.

I've read alot about replacing cravings, like instead of having a sweetie have an ice lolly or something sweet like strawberries which could work, but some people take it too far like instead of having a slice of pizza have a rivita with a tomato on it....... aye right!
Its ok to give in to cravings sometimes, just have a smaller piece and do a little more excersize to work it off.

I'm the same as you though zoe, I've had a cold this week so have been feeling very sorry for myself and eating alot of toast and felt like i've had no energy to excersize... boo :(

Back