Interesting Question!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
My boyf came up with an intersting question, he does have thoughts now and then lol. I'm hoping to have skin removal on the NHS (long shot I know) but what happens if I get to target, have the skin removed and end up about a stone under my target? Will I still get to go to group for free due to it being an exceptional case or will I have to set a new target and pay til I get there?
Hmmm, made note to ask consultant next time I see her but it's making me wonder lol

Could you not just make your new weight your target weight? Can you not do that? Or just put it down by the smallest amount permitted if you can't just change target?

I think you can lower your target whenever you like, as long as it's a minimum of 7lbs below your previous target. So you can turn up, make your target 1 stone lower and bingo, reach target again!
I wonder if you get another 'target' sticker...

I think they'd 'HAVE' to let you change your target wouldn't they?! It's be a bit rubbish if they didn't!!

I'm sure they would let you lower your target to your new weight.

The only time they wouldn't let you if you kept lowering your target and then losing another half a stone and saying that that was your target etc. It's exceptional circumstances. BUT WELL DONE too on getting to target.

I'm not at target yet but I would actually be if I had all the skin removed but seeing as that probably wont be for a while, you know what the NHS is like! I want to be as low as possible if I get the go ahead!

ur c will get in touch with head office and get your weigh adjusted i asked my c about this the other week:) and thats what she said

FYI - if you didnt already know, which I am sure you do.

NHS Tummy tucks will only be approved for one of two reasons. First reason is if the "apron" of skin is causing repeated infections to happen in the fold. Second reason is if it is causing you psychological distress. Decision has to be made by a panel of doctors based on need.

Hope this is useful.

Blimey, my whole body is causing me distress! Do you think they'd offer me a body lift by any chance!!!!!!

FYI - if you didnt already know, which I am sure you do.

NHS Tummy tucks will only be approved for one of two reasons. First reason is if the "apron" of skin is causing repeated infections to happen in the fold. Second reason is if it is causing you psychological distress. Decision has to be made by a panel of doctors based on need.

Hope this is useful.

Yeah I know, it's on almost every programme you see on the subject and believe me it depresses me enough to think that I might not get it :(
I do get repeated infections and a constant rash under there and in my belly button beacuse the heavy skin drags it shut, if that makes any sense. My relationship suffers because I hate him seeing me naked and even when I'm exercising the apron flaps with an audible sound against my legs and holds my training back. Sorry for the graphic description but that's how it is lol

LOL, I am a three c-section survivor, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I wasn't meaning to throw a downer on your plan, just thinking ahead more really, it may well be worth going to your GP whenever you get an infection there in the meantime so that they have a record of how it is affecting you.

This is something I have thought about too, normally if I get a rash or whatever there I slap on the old sudocrem and get on with it, but now I am losing the weight, I am beginning to wish I had gone to the GP more often. Hopefully it won't be necessary and the skin left at the end will be minimal, but if I do get any infections in the mean time I will be telling them about it.

Sorry to dive in here but after having an NHS tuck myself, you will need to demonstrate to your GP that you can maintain your weight before they will consider a tuck for you.

Once you get to target, they will be looking for you to maintain for at least 12 months.

During that 12 month period you may continue to lose weight anyway from other areas of your body.

I would suggest you get to your target and then re-asses if/when you get approved for surgery.

To put it into perspective i was at just over 19 stone before losing weight and only had 4lbs of skin removed :)

Back