Interesting Weight Loss Tip

Konvictz

might have been posted here already...

but i was reading the newspaper. and it said if you drink 2 glasses of water before every main meal you will eat less and loose weight.

does this work, anyone do it?...

Yes, it can help for several reasons:

- sometimes people think tey're hungry but they're just dehydrated. So it's always usefull to drink one or two cups of water, wait 10 or 15 min to see if you still feel hunger;
- when you drink water the stomach has less space for food, so you eat less;
- and when body is dehydrated it tends to retain all the water and liquids it can. Many peple has a lot of liquid retention (that's why they start losing lost of pounds when they eat healthy and drink water, it isn't only fat but mainly the extra liquids that water is eliminating). So, yeah, the more water you drink the less water retention you have, wich means less pounds.

Hope it helped:)

I drink alot of water with my evening meal (which isn't much really) and yes, it does really help to make me feel more full up.

Water ????

I heard that air crew put a small amount of juice in their water so that it stays in their body and doesn't just flush them out. Anyone know if this is true ?

Water is great for you anyway so drinking enough (not too much) can never be a bad thing. Probably stating the obvious here but hey! I used to drink a lot of hot water and that felt really filling.

I always forget to drink so it will be a good idea to try and incorporate it into meal times, thanks for the tip

I'll try this again, I did used to do it but I tailed off (dunno why) It did help me lose weight because I ate less so deffo going to do it again. My lentil soup makes me wee a lot mind - feels like it flushes all my water retention out - it certainly takes the bulge out of my stomach too!
Thanks for the reminder about the water hun ;)

i drink about 2 and half to 3 litres of water a day. its improved my skin too.

i drink about 2 and half to 3 litres of water a day. its improved my skin too.

So true! I drink around 3 litres a day and my skin is much better than when I didn't:)

i too drink around 3+ litres per day - so important - get that fat flushed out!

I drink about 8-10 litres of water a day, I love it! f I have to reduce this for any reason (usually if out and about without easy access to tapwater as object to paying silly money for bottled water!!) I begin to notice the difference very quickly. I feel tired, 'hungry', lazy, fed up, and definately look different!! Its water, water, water all the way for me!

I drink about 8-10 litres of water a day, I love it! f I have to reduce this for any reason (usually if out and about without easy access to tapwater as object to paying silly money for bottled water!!) I begin to notice the difference very quickly. I feel tired, 'hungry', lazy, fed up, and definately look different!! Its water, water, water all the way for me!

arent you meant to be careful with the amount you drink?...i know what is good for us but i think theres a limit?

arent you meant to be careful with the amount you drink?...i know what is good for us but i think theres a limit?

The limit is about 20 litres a day, providing the water is drunk steadily not binged on. I've drunk this much for about 14years!! Its a complete misconception that we should restrict water intake, its only the speed that its drunk that causes problems (unless there are kidney problems etc).

The limit is about 20 litres a day, providing the water is drunk steadily not binged on. I've drunk this much for about 14years!! Its a complete misconception that we should restrict water intake, its only the speed that its drunk that causes problems (unless there are kidney problems etc).

Thank you for that info. I actually stare when I read you drink 8-10litres:p
I once read that the maximum daily limit should be 6litres a day, but if you exercise you loose tons of water so I think it can be higher for active people.

Just for curiosity, aren't you running to the loo all the time?

I drink near 4 litres of water a day and I need to go to the loo every couple hours (and I also wake up twice during night to go to the toilet, but it doesn't botther me because it's already second nature for me and I barely wake up).

Thank you for that info. I actually stare when I read you drink 8-10litres:p
I once read that the maximum daily limit should be 6litres a day, but if you exercise you loose tons of water so I think it can be higher for active people.

Just for curiosity, aren't you running to the loo all the time?

I drink near 4 litres of water a day and I need to go to the loo every couple hours (and I also wake up twice during night to go to the toilet, but it doesn't botther me because it's already second nature for me and I barely wake up).

I didn't increase my water intake overnight, it took me about 6mths to go from drinking barely 2l a day to my current intake. I do go to the loo fairly often I suppose, and usually once in the night too (like you, I barely wake up) but have no problems hanging on if I have to - think the frequent loo trips are a habit I got into when doing a boring office job rather than a desperate need!!!

i seem to remember something about pineapple, being good as a weightloss aid...hmmm i'll look that up now!

i seem to remember something about pineapple, being good as a weightloss aid...hmmm i'll look that up now!

I love pineapple! Tell us if you find something interesting;)

I can manage 2 litres of water a day and that's only with st.clements powder added. I am on lighterlife lite and you have to drink water.

I can't get my head around 8 - 10 litres, I would be standing next to the sink all day sipping that amount!!! Not to mention constantly going for a wee!!!

I just can't seem to drink anymore than 2 litres a day even though I've tried.

Are you sure you don't mean pints of water? I split my water intake up into four 500ml bottles of water throughout the day.

I'm just not a thirsty kind of person!

Back